Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting I dont trust reviews for Asian food in the US anymore

GooberMcKee

GooberMcKee

artcel
★★★★
As an Asian, the reviews don't mean shit when it's made by a bunch of nonAsians who don't know what to even look for. They smell a little bit of half-fermented kimchi at a "korean" restaurant and go "ooooh its AUTHENTIC!" even though everything else is a "fusion" (usually an excuse to not use all the proper spices the recipe requires) or some bullshit. I've had real korean food before. One time I went to a "korean restaurant" which turned out to be owned by some white guy "who loved Korean food when he went to Korea", and the kimchi soup was literally just a pile of kimchi boiled in plain water. Who the fuck did he hire to cook? You're supposed to make the basic soup base first with radish, anchovies, kelp, and sometimes shrimp. Then, you boil pork or beef bones, this fermented bean paste thing, AND THEN kimchi to give it depth. Add onions, green onions, tofu, add fucking something! The cook did none of that shit. And the reviews for his restaurant was 5-star by a bunch of local white people calling it "authentic".

Also, if white people like it and think its good, it's probably too sugary and sweet. It's not just cumskins either, but shitskins, niggers, spics. Because more Americans are diabetic and fat as fuck, and in order to cater to their palate, these restaurants have to add more sugar to everything while taking away the REAL ingredients that actually add flavor. They can't even handle the different flavors and spices that actually make the recipe THE RECIPE, because it's "weird" and "offputting". So in order to cater to the diabetic wonderbread palate, all the actual flavors are removed and replaced with sugar. "Mmmmhmm, this is AUTHENTIC!" the diabetics say.

Why the fuck is everything so sweet in America??? Why is a green thai curry SWEET? I have thai green curry in front of me right now. It has no lemongrass, carrots, onions, the basic shit. No basil, peppercorns, herbs, and whatever else you're supposed to add in there. It's flat, literally just chicken and some bellpeppers in here. What the fuck?

We're fucked as a country. We don't have real food and real flavor anymore.

What you really want to do, if you want the real shit, is go to those segregated Asian ghettos like Chinatown. Go to a restaurant where the waitress is an old lady with broken english and can barely speak to you, and the menu is in their native language. The ones without a lot of reviews, especially not from white people. The ones that are dingy holes in the wall with a shitty cheap logo. The ones that are NOT on Uber Eats or Doordash because the owners are tech illiterate and can't figure out how to use phone apps.

Last edited:
Sushi almost always comes in clutch because it’s so simple but a lot of times they’re stingy with quantity

Sushi almost always comes in clutch because it’s so simple but a lot of times they’re stingy with quantity
Most sushi is disgusting in the US, the only ones I trust are the ones ran by real Japanese who work at high end restaurants or the Koreans (who stole the sushi industry from them in the US) who run their own generic "japanese" restaurants (though the owners are actually koreans).

Westernized ethnic cuisine is the same as goyslop

I eat alot of genuine Korean food, hope to try Western versions some day

As an Asian, the reviews don't mean shit when it's made by a bunch of nonAsians who don't know what to even look for. They smell a little bit of half-fermented kimchi at a "korean" restaurant and go "ooooh its AUTHENTIC!" even though everything else is a "fusion" (usually an excuse to not use all the proper spices the recipe requires) or some bullshit. I've had real korean food before. One time I went to a "korean restaurant" which turned out to be owned by some white guy "who loved Korean food when he went to Korea", and the kimchi soup was literally just a pile of kimchi boiled in plain water. Who the fuck did he hire to cook? You're supposed to make the basic soup base first with radish, anchovies, kelp, and sometimes shrimp. Then, you boil pork or beef bones, this fermented bean paste thing, AND THEN kimchi to give it depth. Add onions, green onions, tofu, add fucking something! The cook did none of that shit. And the reviews for his restaurant was 5-star by a bunch of local white people calling it "authentic".

Also, if white people like it and think its good, it's probably too sugary and sweet. It's not just cumskins either, but shitskins, niggers, spics. Because more Americans are diabetic and fat as fuck, and in order to cater to their palate, these restaurants have to add more sugar to everything while taking away the REAL ingredients that actually add flavor. They can't even handle the different flavors and spices that actually make the recipe THE RECIPE, because it's "weird" and "offputting". So in order to cater to the diabetic wonderbread palate, all the actual flavors are removed and replaced with sugar. "Mmmmhmm, this is AUTHENTIC!" the diabetics say.

Why the fuck is everything so sweet in America??? Why is a green thai curry SWEET? I have thai green curry in front of me right now. It has no lemongrass, carrots, onions, the basic shit. No basil, peppercorns, herbs, and whatever else you're supposed to add in there. It's flat, literally just chicken and some bellpeppers in here. What the fuck?

We're fucked as a country. We don't have real food and real flavor anymore.

What you really want to do, if you want the real shit, is go to those segregated Asian ghettos like Chinatown. Go to a restaurant where the waitress is an old lady with broken english and can barely speak to you, and the menu is in their native language. The ones without a lot of reviews, especially not from white people. The ones that are dingy holes in the wall with a shitty cheap logo. The ones that are NOT on Uber Eats or Doordash because the owners are tech illiterate and can't figure out how to use phone apps.
P.F changs is my favorite.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back