Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LifeFuel I did the Autism Quotient quiz and only scored 17 points

calimero

calimero

still need teen goth gf
★★

The Autism-Spectrum Quotient (AQ): Evidence from Asperger Syndrome/High-Functioning Autism, Males and Females, Scientists and Mathematicians (Baron-Cohen et al., 2001)

This is supposed to be a high validity state of the art test.

I only got 17 points a you need a minimum of 26 for a suspicion that you have an autistic trait

My retarded psychiatrists and therapists are now blown the fuck out, since they diagnosed me with a suspected autism spectrum disorder in court documents.

I hope my psychiatrists get burned alive in a fiery lake of acid. I hope they get tossed into a pit of despair and have to dwell in pain and loneliness forever. The whole of psychiatry is evil. Just because there is co-morbidity between psychosis and autism doesn't mean you can just indifferently slap every kind of label on me.

Warning to psychiatrists: if you ever needlessly label me again, I will come after you, hurt you, torture you and make you suffer until you scream out in agony, forever and ever (in minecraft)

I scored 0 because there isn’t a trace of autism in me

So people here are probably not even autistic

this test picks stereotypes and is and rude to autists. if you said it was autistic of an autist to go to the library they would call you a dick
it is supposed to measure "autism" so you can see how psychiatry relies on really questionable tools, since there are no biomarkers for autism (meaning it probably doesn't exist)

I just did the test. I got 24.
Other tests I did (online) said that it was highly likely that I have Aspergers.

Test didn't work for me. Filled it, clicked score, got nothing.

Finally managed to get dumb shit working
Should I be worried about 33? It says only 2% of non-autistic control group scores above 32:giga::giga::giga:

Finally managed to get dumb shit working
Should I be worried about 33? It says only 2% of non-autistic control group scores above 32:giga::giga::giga:
Isn't the control randomly sampled, so that corresponds with a prevalence rate of 2%?

I shouldn't worry

Isn't the control randomly sampled,
I checked the sources cited and it seems so
Skewed through collage students in England, but more or less random in terms of autism.
so that corresponds with a prevalence rate of 2%?
You mean prevalence rate of autism?
If so yes that seems to be in line with conventional statistics about it.
However I am not sure what you exactly mean in your comment.:feelssus:
It also says 80% autists scored 32 or more.

I checked the sources cited and it seems so
Skewed through collage students in England, but more or less random in terms of autism.

You mean prevalence rate of autism?
If so yes that seems to be in line with conventional statistics about it.
However I am not sure what you exactly mean in your comment.:feelssus:
It also says 80% autists scored 32 or more.
Yes prevalence rate of autism in the general population

Yes prevalence rate of autism in the general population
Yeah sorry I misunderstood your reply.
You were talking about yourself and your own score with "I shouldn't worry".
I misread that as "I wouldn't worry" and tried to figure out how that related to my score.:feelstastyman::feelstastyman::feelstastyman:

Yeah sorry I misunderstood your reply.
You were talking about yourself and your own score with "I shouldn't worry".
I misread that as "I wouldn't worry" and tried to figure out how that related to my score.:feelstastyman::feelstastyman::feelstastyman:
No I mean you shouldn't worry. Autism is a flawed construct, there are no biomarkers for it, so imo don't take your score too serious

Autism is a flawed construct, there are no biomarkers for it, so imo don't take your score too serious
I am curious about your argument.
Are the observed and documented behavioral differences in an autists social interactions compared to NT people invalid?
There may not be simple, clear biomarkers for it, due to complex polygenic inheritance, phenotypic plasticity(I think there are studies about correlation between high pre-natal testosterone and autism) etc.
I am not gonna take a simple internet test as conclusive evidence of anything regardless, but they may indicate valid things.

The Autism-Spectrum Quotient (AQ): Evidence from Asperger Syndrome/High-Functioning Autism, Males and Females, Scientists and Mathematicians (Baron-Cohen et al., 2001)

This is supposed to be a high validity state of the art test.

I only got 17 points a you need a minimum of 26 for a suspicion that you have an autistic trait

My retarded psychiatrists and therapists are now blown the fuck out, since they diagnosed me with a suspected autism spectrum disorder in court documents.

I hope my psychiatrists get burned alive in a fiery lake of acid. I hope they get tossed into a pit of despair and have to dwell in pain and loneliness forever. The whole of psychiatry is evil. Just because there is co-morbidity between psychosis and autism doesn't mean you can just indifferently slap every kind of label on me.

Warning to psychiatrists: if you ever needlessly label me again, I will come after you, hurt you, torture you and make you suffer until you scream out in agony, forever and ever (in minecraft)
Mogs me I got 20

I am curious about your argument.
Are the observed and documented behavioral differences in an autists social interactions compared to NT people invalid?
There may not be simple, clear biomarkers for it, due to complex polygenic inheritance, phenotypic plasticity(I think there are studies about correlation between high pre-natal testosterone and autism) etc.
I am not gonna take a simple internet test as conclusive evidence of anything regardless, but they may indicate valid things.
They call it a spectrum because the behaviors range so widely. There is lot of comorbidity with other disorders like schizophrenia, avoidant personality disorder, schizoid personality disorder and others. Two persons with autism can be behaviorally and verbally very different. This is why I think it is a vague construct. Generally they call it a neurodevelopemental disorder that impairs social interaction. But impaired social interaction can have many causes.

Psychiatrists especially like to suspect autism in people under 18 or in their 20s when people are still adapting to the world and their brains aren't fully formed yet. So there is no doubt that psychiatry misuses autism, but on the other hand it also carries stigma with it. So there is a big gap between what it means in theory and how people act upon it in practice.

Psychiatrists mostly have graduate degrees, but I know first hand that these people are not the most intelligent and they are prone to all the biases they have in their field (e.g. a senior psychiatrist of mine seemingly believes in the "chemical imbalance hypothesis"). These people don't have an academic attitude, so they typically easily throw around vague labels because of institutional habits that they have formed over years in psychiatry. Once they are a DSM diagnosis it really starts to lead a life of its own. They don't treat it with the academic skepsis that it requires.

They call it a spectrum because the behaviors range so widely.
Yes it is more of a blanket term based on analogous similarities in behavior rather than cause of origin.
There is lot of comorbidity with other disorders like schizophrenia, avoidant personality disorder, schizoid personality disorder and others.
True but comorbidity is present in many conditions, not just autism. I do not think presence of comorbidities would invalidate the idea necessarily.
Generally they call it a neurodevelopemental disorder that impairs social interaction. But impaired social interaction can have many causes.
What if the said impaired interaction followed certain, distinctly similar patterns like inability to pick clues, read facial expressions, awkward gestures, monotonous speech that ignores proper stress and pitch etc.? We don't call all impairments autism, but a specific subset of them based on them being coexisting far more commonly in a specific group of individuals.
are still adapting to the world and their brains aren't fully formed yet.
It's true that young people are adapting and their brains aren't fully formed but wouldn't it warrant investigation if a subset of said young people all lacked behind their peers social adaptation?
So there is a big gap between what it means in theory and how people act upon it in practice.
That applies to many diseases. Autism isn't the only one with stigma.
Psychiatrists mostly have graduate degrees, but I know first hand that these people are not the most intelligent and they are prone to all the biases they have in their field (e.g. a senior psychiatrist of mine seemingly believes in the "chemical imbalance hypothesis"). These people don't have an academic attitude, so they typically easily throw around vague labels because of institutional habits that they have formed over years in psychiatry.
Psychology is a pseudoscience and the field has its problems I agree.
But still, psychiatry has medical data backing up certain assertions of it. While a wildly speculative soft science in many regards, it does have a scientific component.
Once they are a DSM diagnosis it really starts to lead a life of its own. They don't treat it with the academic skepsis that it requires.
I also agree but I don't think your skepticism, while healthy up to a certain degree, constitutes a proper rebuttal against current data available on it.

No autismbux for you.