Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

I despise how mental illness is portrayed as an accessory to coolness to Chads in movies.

ColdLightOfDay

ColdLightOfDay

Serge’s alt.
★★★★★
Shutter Island, Memento, the Machinist, even in We Need to Talk About Kevin the kid who stages a school shooting is played by Ezra Miller ffs.

What director with a commitment to realism can truly say that the artistic integrity of a piece that deals with mental health issues is enhanced by having a Chad play the part of the mentally ill person?

Go to any kind of institution, the only Chads you see in these places are drug addicts. By and large, they do not experience the same kind of existential / identity crisis that ugly people do because they aren’t subjected to the same kind of social pressure or isolation.

However, what is most annoying about this phenomenon is the fact that their mental illness is received as an accessory to their coolness, something to make them appear edgier and add to their sex appeal.

Do any of you mentally-ill-cels feel that your mental illness has in any way improved your smv? The entire notion is insulting to anyone who has actually had issues in that area.

Go to any kind of institution, the only Chads you see in these places are drug addicts. By and large, they do not experience the same kind of existential / identity crisis that ugly people do because they aren’t subjected to the same kind of social pressure or isolation.
And the soybrains will still say that the ugliness somehow isn't the problem. Like it's just fine to be ugly and it's our perception of the ugliness that's the problem.

Do any of you mentally-ill-cels feel that your mental illness has in any way improved your smv? The entire notion is insulting to anyone who has actually had issues in that area.
I'm not mentally ill, I am facially ill. If my face was good looking, most of the pain would go away...

Shutter Island, Memento, the Machinist, even in We Need to Talk About Kevin the kid who stages a school shooting is played by Ezra Miller ffs.

What director with a commitment to realism can truly say that the artistic integrity of a piece that deals with mental health issues is enhanced by having a Chad play the part of the mentally ill person?

However, what is most annoying about this phenomenon is the fact that their mental illness is received as an accessory to their coolness, something to make them appear edgier and add to their sex appeal.

Good observation. It's used as an accessory to make Chad even more attractive - to give him a somewhat "deeper" look, a more intense glance and "mysterious" eyes etc. In reality, depression makes you more ugly as it makes it harder for you to eat healthy, go out, work out, etc.

Chadwashing is very popular in movies.

Aka replacing great ugly figures with chads (who in real life didn't do anything except fuck foids)

Better love story that twilight?
I guess in this case its exactly like twilight.

Any secondary non sexual attributes used to describe Chad are used by foids to avoid saying that they like them because "he is hot" when it is not appropriate to say so.

Everything has to be romanticized with Chad.

chad can make everything attractive

Leaving this here:

Screenshot from 2021 09 12 19 33 49

what are you talking about OP?
directors cast plenty of ugly men to portray these roles

Beast1Beast2

glad to see our people have such representation in fiction

Do any of you mentally-ill-cels feel that your mental illness has in any way improved your smv?
i don't know about others but for me it has decreased my SMV. i suffer from anxiety and psychosis, and i just feel paranoid and anxious, i see and hear shit all the time. whenever i've told a woman about this they just start treating me different like i'm some retarded sub-human. think about how the special ED kids in your school are treated by normies. even if i want to commit to a relationship i can't due to all of my symptoms, women WILL NOT put up with my pacing around, talking to yourself and reacting to visual and audio hallucinations if you are NOT chad. beyond OVER for mentalcels :fuk: