Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion I decided to revisit listening to Coldplay

• Thread starter Deleted member 23656
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 23656

Self-banned
-
Listened to them when I was younger but moved on.

I decided to listen to them again recently coz I was bored.

I now know why even though they're supposed to be one of the more deep rock bands, no music critic worth their salt gives them much respect.

They got a nice Melody to hook you in. And ummm that's it.

There's not much depth to it. When you listen to it again you realize how shallow it is. There's not much special unique techniques or sounds to it. In fact I would go so far to say most songs lack their own soul.

And btw this is the early stuff that is supposed to be the good stuff

When they say Coldplay is just a watered down version of radiohead they weren't kidding. Listen to Kid A and you will see what I mean by Coldplay's songs lacking soul.

Bands that will be known throughout history are those that tried to push as far as possible to break past their limits in sound. But Coldplay pretty much seems content with staying in their comfort zone. No ambition whatsoever

Last edited:
I hate coldplay because Chads and Stacys like them.

I hate coldplay because Chads and Stacys like them.
It's the perfect music for normies to appear deep when listening to it.

It's easily accessible with a clean/intellectual image. It doesn't have any actual deep meaning or unusual sounds that will turn off normies like deliberately tuning their guitars in akward ways or something.

People shit on Linkin Park but I say Linkin Park has more authenticity and soul to them than Coldplay