Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Gaming I Can't Play Open World Games

Stoopiding1

Stoopiding1

Recruit
★★
I just can't

Since Zelda tears of the kingdom came out, I was considering buying it just to check it out, after thinking for a short while, I knew that would probably be a stupid decision. Firstly, I'm not going to waste 70$ on this game. Secondly, I am tired of open world games.

When I was little, I thought open-world games were the greatest things in gaming but now every time I see a new open world game my face is filled with disappointment. I'm tired of this new open-world trend in gaming.

When I played breath of the wild for the first time when it released, I was having a decent amount of fun when playing but as I started getting deeper into the game The more it became boring and repetitive, I eventually completed the game but after I finished it, I was exhausted. I can't imagine going back to the same thing over and over again and what makes tears of the kingdom so much worse is that there is a sky world and an underworld after hearing this I knew I wasn't going to buy this game.

Open world games in general just feel boring and repetitive to play for me, I could never really get into them like others can. All open world games are starting to feel the same and are getting longer and longer. After a few hours the gameplay becomes repetitive with bland and empty fields and boring soundtrack that unironically puts me to sleep.

I wish games would go back to being more linear, I want shorter games that have quality gameplay where I can play the game multiple times and still enjoy it and become better at the game each time, I play it. Maybe they could cut different areas into different sections so the game wouldn't feel so overwhelming and empty, kind of like Super Mario Odyssey where things feel more compacted but then again, I feel like that would kind of defeat the purpose of an open world game. I don't know man maybe open world games just aren't for me.

Agreed, I find them boring as fuck too. It pissed me off when Halo Infinite came out and it was open world (not that Halo has been good after Bungie stopped making them anyway). Linear games are better because it is all meat without the filler.

That being said, three open world games I did enjoy have been:
Red Faction: Guerilla
Skyrim
GTA V

Those games have dense, alive feeling maps full of NPCs to interact with. Games like BOTW/TOTK just depress me because they are so empty and lonely. I don't get how that is supposed to be enjoyable.

Zelda is a game for fags and troons.

Sum have flamethrowers

Agreed, I find them boring as fuck too. It pissed me off when Halo Infinite came out and it was open world (not that Halo has been good after Bungie stopped making them anyway). Linear games are better because it is all meat without the filler.

That being said, three open world games I did enjoy have been:
Red Faction: Guerilla
Skyrim
GTA V

Those games have dense, alive feeling maps full of NPCs to interact with. Games like BOTW/TOTK just depress me because they are so empty and lonely. I don't get how that is supposed to be enjoyable.
Modding also helps keeps this games feeling fresh.

youre a dumb nigger that only buys the popular new game. there are plenty of linear games

Open world games in general just feel boring and repetitive to play for me, I could never really get into them like others can. All open world games are starting to feel the same and are getting longer and longer. After a few hours the gameplay becomes repetitive with bland and empty fields and boring soundtrack that unironically puts me to sleep.

then just play linear games