Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion I bought an SSD and as I expected it is a capitalist lie

incelerated

incelerated

It was all about luck all along..
★★★★★
This is a follow up of my previous thread. So I finally bought the SWORDFISH one.

My windows now boots faster, I think 100% faster. But that's just because the capitalists have made windows 10 deliberately slow to force people into buying stupid useless SSDs that are extremely unreliable and have extremely small life span.

Anyways that's about it. Everything else has the same speed. I had a few programs in mind when I bought this SSD which always took long to load and I would really appreciate if they loaded faster:
The most important one, VirtualBox machines: My VM used to take 18 seconds to load up before I installed the SSD. After installing the SSD (Windows, VirtualBox and the VHD are all on the SSD) it takes, guess what, 18 seconds to load up.

Other programs include:
Photoshop: Takes a shitload of time to load.
Arduino IDE: Ton of time to load.
Firesucks: slightly faster.
VS Code: slightly faster.
GitExtensions: slightly faster.

And here are the benchmarks of my HDD and SSD:
HDD

SSD

As you can see, if capitalists were not lying things would have been 10-100 times faster according to these benchmarks. But because 99% of slowness of programs is because of capitalist greed, and their agendas for pushing out bloated new products to increase the accumulated wealth of the 1%, we have to deal with slow programs and nothing can solve it.

There is one program which starts up significantly faster and that's Text Crawler. My favorite text search tool.
Oh, and fast travel in Fallout 4 finally takes ~10 seconds, as opposed to 1-2 minutes it took before.

Last edited:
Capitalist Jews hid this thread in order to hide the truth.

for gaming ssd is still worth it. I have 2tb sad for my PS4 and is probably 5x-10x faster in game loading. But I agree for most programs it won't make that much of a difference.

Maybe it’s cause this one is just a little better than your last one:feelsjuice:

for gaming ssd is still worth it. I have 2tb sad for my PS4 and is probably 5x-10x faster in game loading. But I agree for most programs it won't make that much of a difference.
Yes and this is the opposite of what I thought.
Everyone says install your Windows on SSD so that Windows and programs will load faster. I tried only one game but the loading was MUCH faster than HDD. Out of everything I compared between HDD and SSD the game had the most obvious improve.
If I knew this before maybe I would consider buying a SATA one instead of M.2 one, which would be a bit slower but had more space.
I got a 250GB one which actually has 232GB because Jews always love to steal your space and I can only fit one game in it besides Windows.

Yes and this is the opposite of what I thought.
Everyone says install your Windows on SSD so that Windows and programs will load faster. I tried only one game but the loading was MUCH faster than HDD. Out of everything I compared between HDD and SSD the game had the most obvious improve.
If I knew this before maybe I would consider buying a SATA one instead of M.2 one, which would be a bit slower but had more space.
I got a 250GB one which actually has 232GB because Jews always love to steal your space and I can only fit one game in it besides Windows.
Many programmer cels run Linux to avoid windows bloat for this reason. But Linux has a steeper learning curve so most people won't ever get around to it. Mac has the ease of windows without the bloat but far more expensive.

Maybe it’s cause this one is just a little better than your last one:feelsjuice:
wdym this is my first SSD.

Many programmer cels run Linux to avoid windows bloat for this reason. But Linux has a steeper learning curve so most people won't ever get around to it. Mac has the ease of windows without the bloat but far more expensive.
This "bloat" linuxfags talk about is actually what makes windows easy to use, while you have to spend hours on learning/doing simple tasks in Linux. With Linux you are basically trading your time with money.
In any case it's over for 3rdworldcels. I spent one third of my monthly salary to buy the 250GB low-tier SSD. I think it's lunch money in the West.

actually what you need is a m.2 nvme

250GB low-tier SSD
It’s lower tier, what did you expect? You’re going from straight hdd to low tier ssd , so you’re obviously not gonna see that much of a difference

for gaming makes minor difference compared to normal ssd

Not worth it for most people unless u do video editing
boots super quick, loads games like it is a bitch. but if it get damaged then you have to shell out some dollars to recover the data unlike hdd which is a simple fix.

actually what you need is a m.2 nvme
Not worth it for most people unless u do video editing
It’s lower tier, what did you expect? You’re going from straight hdd to low tier ssd , so you’re obviously not gonna see that much of a difference
It is an M.2 NVMe.
And the benchmarks are crazy higher than HDD as you see in my first post.
The thing is, as I partially expected, it doesn't matter and programs still take time to load. Like benchmark is 1400% faster but Photoshop opens maybe 20% faster.

It is an M.2 NVMe.
And the benchmarks are crazy higher than HDD as you see in my first post.
The thing is, as I partially expected, it doesn't matter and programs still take time to load. Like benchmark is 1400% faster but Photoshop opens maybe 20% faster.
I guess this just came down to the one you chose:feelsjuice: I’m sure if you spent a little more you could’ve gotten a decent one, although I guess that would prove your point

I'm an idiot.
I only saw the benchmarks and the NVMe ones were like 4 times faster.
I should have watched a few of these comparison videos. They are the same speed in practice. Fuck. :fuk:

I guess this just came down to the one you chose:feelsjuice: I’m sure if you spent a little more you could’ve gotten a decent one, although I guess that would prove your point
Dunno.
The benchmark looks good tho.

I'm an idiot.
I only saw the benchmarks and the NVMe ones were like 4 times faster.
I should have watched a few of these comparison videos. They are the same speed in practice. Fuck. :fuk:

Dunno.
The benchmark looks good tho.
You based it off purely benchmarks? Not even reviews?

You based it off purely benchmarks? Not even reviews?
Reviews too, but they include benchmarks only. And they compare it with other NVMe not with SSD. That video is way more useful in that sense.

I use hdd for my system and ssd for games, because I'm too fucking lazy to instal windows on it

My windows now boots faster, I think 100% faster. But that's just because the capitalists have made windows 10 deliberately slow to force people into buying stupid useless SSDs that are extremely unreliable and have extremely small life span.
Use Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC

I use hdd for my system and ssd for games, because I'm too fucking lazy to instal windows on it
Based. I used a cloning tool and put my curent windows on the ssd. But I'm tempted to go back to HDD and keep the SSD for games since it's small and apps aren't THAT much faster with it.

Use Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC
That's what I have :feelsthink:

SSD for OS and Games, HDD for data

Don't bother with NVMe.

Yes, on paper it is a massive improvement over regular SSDs, but in practice there's barely any difference. Maybe a second in loading games.

Going from an HHD to an SSDs was a night and day difference for me. Windows loads faster, everything is snappier in the desktop, and games load much faster too (As far as stuff like Photoshop, i think loading times there are more based on RAM and CPU speed because of all the plugins it has to load and stuff like that, and an SSD wouldn't make much of a difference for that).

I then got an NVMe and i could barely tell the difference.

Rather than jumping on the NVMe i would check out the NAND, and make sure you have TLC rather than QLC, the latter being capable of slowing down your SSD to HHD levels under stress.

And you can't trust spec sheets or reviews either, because some companies have gotten into the habit of switching the NAND without changing the name of the product:

Basically, ask around, do your research and try to get the cheapest TLC you can find. I think the Crucial MX500 is still safe but it's been a while since i last checked.

Last edited:
Yes, on paper it is a massive improvement over regular SSDs, but in practice there's barely any difference. Maybe a second in loading games.
Wish I knew that sooner. Some motherfucker in the review on the website I bought it had said NVMe was much faster than normal SSD for him, which is why I got distracted and never watched a comparison video.
It's not that much more expensive tho. Like 20% I think. So no huge loss fortunately.

Rather than jumping on the NVMe i would check out the NAND, and make sure you have TLC rather than QLC, the latter being capable of slowing down your SSD to HHD levels under stress.
It's TLC.

Based. I used a cloning tool and put my curent windows on the ssd. But I'm tempted to go back to HDD and keep the SSD for games since it's small and apps aren't THAT much faster with it.
I only have 400 GB and my ssd and game today are so fucking bloated. It doesn't make a difference form me if I have to wait 20 sec or a minute before windows boots. I'm rn more afraid of hdd dying on me.