Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious I barely even remember the past decade

• Thread starter Deleted member 8353
  • Start date
Deleted member 8353

Deleted member 8353

Former Hikikomori, Aimless Pleasure Seeker
-
As I've mentioned in another thread, recently I've been trying to alter aspects of my memory. However since I've been doing this, it's become increasingly obvious to me that I barely even have memories of the past decade, it's mostly all one massive blur. Sure I have the occasional moment of relaxing on a scenic hill or clearing in the forest, or trying to cope that I have friends by interacting with people who clearly don't want me around, but aside from stuff like that, I hardly have any clear memories to latch onto, especially of the past 7-8 years. Most of my memories of this time are of stuff that I experienced in a video game or an anime, not memories of the 3D world.

Due to this, I've been making a concerted effort to force myself to remember at least a couple specific instances per week, which also made me realize something else. It's far easier to retain the memory of events where there is someone else present besides you, to the point where it near impossible to remember instances of solitude, or at least that's how it seems to be for me. It doesn't even matter if the person isn't "real" in the literal sense, so long as I "perceived" them to be there, it's far easier to remember an event, even when doing things which would otherwise seem to be entirely mundane and innocuous.

Has anyone noticed something similar, as in you have limited memories of the past presumably due to long term isolation?

well human life is repetition, each day of your life generally follows the same schedule, you wake up around the same time, eat around the same time, do the same things, the years just get blurred into each other

well human life is repetition, each day of your life generally follows the same schedule, you wake up around the same time, eat around the same time, do the same things, the years just get blurred into each other
That's definitely true, but as an incel, I normally have very few moments that are even remotely memorable.

Same. I have been isolated the last decade or so and I have few memories of that period. Though my memory is just poor in general.

What are you doing today?
That will be the sum of the last decade