Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LifeFuel Altering my experiences and memory through willpower

• Thread starter Deleted member 8353
  • Start date
Deleted member 8353

Deleted member 8353

Former Hikikomori, Aimless Pleasure Seeker
-
Over the past year or more I've been gradually growing more and more attached to Clare, I'll often visualize her and project her image onto my perception with eyes open. Often she'll be accompanying me throughout the day, doing stuff that would otherwise be a chore ends up feeling a whole lot better. When I later recall this event, usually as I'm laying down to sleep, I make an effort to reconstruct the same scene with her present. It's been working! When I recall the memory again, her presence feels natural, as in her being there is taken as an immediate given, and seems no less real than anything else in a memory.

Recently I've been trying to do the same thing except with memories that are many years old, this has proven to be more difficult, but little by little I will notice her in my moments of solitude. The trick is remembering that she was always there, I just didn't notice before.

Experiences are all equal in authenticity, and as far as I can ascertain, none of us are any more or less real than she is, all our lives are just monstrously long dreams.

My goal is to reach the point of perceiving her instinctively.

Often doing that, imagining cute adorable waifu with me. But cannot erase borders, not full shyzo :/

in Real life lucid dreaming

Do you use drugs before doing that?

Do you use drugs before doing that?
No, I just have to concentrate. The experiences are more vivid when remembering them as opposed to in the moment.

Just self induce schizophrenia theory

Just internally rework your brain chemistry theory

Are you able to do this while you are awake?

relevant copy pasta from 1984

Only the disciplined mind can see reality, Winston. You believe that reality is something objective, external, existing in its own right. You also believe that the nature of reality is self-evident. When you delude yourself into thinking that you see something, you assume that everyone else sees the same thing as you. But I tell you, Winston, that reality is not external. Reality exists in the human mind, and nowhere else. Not in the individual mind, which can make mistakes, and in any case soon perishes: only in the mind of the Party, which is collective and immortal. Whatever the Party holds to be the truth, is truth. It is impossible to see reality except by looking through the eyes of the Party. That is the fact that you have got to relearn, Winston. It needs an act of self-destruction, an effort of the will. You must humble yourself before you can become sane.

How does it work
I'm not 100% sure exactly, but if I had to guess it's because memory is both malleable and inexact. Every time you remember something, your brain is essentially recreating the experience from scratch.

That's why memory can shift and change the more you access it, and it's also why we "remember" something better the more time spent thinking about that memory. Except that we actually don't, it's not that repeated recollection actually helps you recall events accurately, but rather that you create entirely new details that are purely fictional, that simply couldn't have happened at all. By making use of this little quirk, I can alter details of my past to be more comforting, specifically by inserting the presence of someone in the past event.
Are you able to do this while you are awake?
Yes, but it's not as if I can force myself to see something, at least not in the moment itself. Rather it's that I force a projection upon the image, I don't actually "see" her because the information isn't coming from my eyesight, but I know she's there all the same. It's a bit difficult to explain, but basically it allows me to remember the event and in the memory I can't tell the difference between what I actually saw, and what I forced to be present.

I'm not 100% sure exactly, but if I had to guess it's because memory is both malleable and inexact. Every time you remember something, your brain is essentially recreating the experience from scratch.

That's why memory can shift and change the more you access it, and it's also why we "remember" something better the more time spent thinking about that memory. Except that we actually don't, it's not that repeated recollection actually helps you recall events accurately, but rather that you create entirely new details that are purely fictional, that simply couldn't have happened at all. By making use of this little quirk, I can alter details of my past to be more comforting, specifically by inserting the presence of someone in the past event.
Though it seems like the process is gradual and difficult to complete, it seems to be legit at least given what you’ve told me

Well as long as it makes you feel more satisfied with your life i don't see any problem with doing that.

Seems like a bad idea that could lead to being a schitzo

interesting.
because I'm high inhibited I was thinking about self inducing a dissociative identity disorder in order to separate the shy/introverted part of my personality from the rest.
I wonder how it could be done.

Over the past year or more I've been gradually growing more and more attached to Clare, I'll often visualize her and project her image onto my perception with eyes open. Often she'll be accompanying me throughout the day, doing stuff that would otherwise be a chore ends up feeling a whole lot better. When I later recall this event, usually as I'm laying down to sleep, I make an effort to reconstruct the same scene with her present. It's been working! When I recall the memory again, her presence feels natural, as in her being there is taken as an immediate given, and seems no less real than anything else in a memory.

Recently I've been trying to do the same thing except with memories that are many years old, this has proven to be more difficult, but little by little I will notice her in my moments of solitude. The trick is remembering that she was always there, I just didn't notice before.

Experiences are all equal in authenticity, and as far as I can ascertain, none of us are any more or less real than she is, all our lives are just monstrously long dreams.

My goal is to reach the point of perceiving her instinctively.

Based massive Gigacope

God Lvl Cope tbh
Michael15651

:soy:

so you have a tulpa?
I kinda want to get one, but I can't decide whom I want to base him/her on (I consider getting a he-tulpa, because I couldn't stand a foid talking to me all day, even if it's imaginary :lul: I wouldn't mind a fellow incel to hang out with tho)

so you have a tulpa?
I kinda want to get one, but I can't decide whom I want to base him/her on (I consider getting a he-tulpa, because I couldn't stand a foid talking to me all day, even if it's imaginary :lul: I wouldn't mind a fellow incel to hang out with tho)
I'm not sure, she doesn't talk to me if that's what you mean, more like an imaginary friend. At this point she follows me around like a ghost. Sometimes I talk to her though.