Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

I always found weird how most people in forums never post anything

watcher

watcher

Life passing by as I watch
-
They mostly just read comments from others.

You might think this only happens here with the IT crowd looking for prints but the truth is most forums are like this. They just read what other people post. I personally knew a dude who did that, he would go to the Something Awful forums and just read the posts

this is pretty much what I do with most imageboards
I only really post here
I think it's a passive substitute for social interaction: you see people talk (usually casually) and can imagine yourself being a part of a crowd, but you don't actually post anything bc you don't care (schizoid) or want to avoid criticism (avoidant personality)
it's kinda similar to passively listening to casual podcasts

That was me when I was greycel cuz I used to overthink every single thing I posted

this is pretty much what I do with most imageboards
I only really post here
I think it's a passive substitute for social interaction: you see people talk (usually casually) and can imagine yourself being a part of a crowd, but you don't actually post anything bc you don't care (schizoid) or want to avoid criticism (avoidant personality)
it's kinda similar to passively listening to casual podcasts
When I was highly anti-social I would like to be part of forums and MMOs to talk to people, just reading and observing them feels just like IRL. Maybe I have to post because I need to post, and some people don't have to.
That was me when I was greycel cuz I used to overthink every single thing I posted
Funny how you can actually feel social pressure when posting online, especially in the beginning, this shows that online interactions do activate brain parts related to socializing.

I was like that too. I took this crappy forum too seriously jfl

i have nothing interesting to say, i got an account to use search.

Yea I dont spend much time on here too busy thinking what im gonna do for the future

It's a general rule throughout the internet, the lurker:contributor ratio is always lopsided.
I was like that too. I took this crappy forum too seriously jfl

TBH

Didn’t know this tbh, never went on other forums so I wouldn’t know.

I used to be like that. I lurked for the longest time