Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

How to make a villain who is hated

slimshady

slimshady

Officer
I saw an answer on Quora to this question and this makes sense.

Here is the answer:

I’ll give you an advice concerning male villains, which are the most common. If you really want everyone to hate your villain, you just have to follow one simple rule: make him unattractive.
I hate to say this, I really do, but It's the truth. If your male villain is attractive, then no matter what he's done, the girls in the fandom will always make up excuses for him and claim that he is the real victim. Some boys might also see him as a role model because, well, girls like it.
But it's not only the fandom, even the authors often come up with redemption arcs to their attractive villains. The most recent example I’ve seen was Troy, in Fear The Walking Dead. The guy was the leader of a militia that kidnapped people who survived the zombie apocalypse and, under his orders, killed the men one by one in front of their loved ones for pure sadism. His redemption arc consists of him becoming friends with the hero (Nick) in a very bromantic way, despite almost killing him and his family more than once. However, he has never showed any sign of guilt or regret, we're just supposed to forget what he's done. So, what does the fandom think of him? You guessed it. They love him! By the way, he looks like this:
main-qimg-523dd3c395df408c265c49423f3d50ef

Picture from Walking Dead Wiki.
In Harry Potter, has anyone noticed how there seems to be a lot of people who defend Draco Malfoy and are obsessed with him but no one has ever said anything nice about Dudley? Even though Dudley was just a spoiled child and Draco threatened to kill Hermione and almost killed Ron? What about Voldemort? And Peter Pettigrew? Not many people defending them. I don't consider Snape a villain, but would he have as many fans if he hasn't been played by Alan Rickman in the movies? So, if you want a hated male villain, make sure that he's ugly.

I think whatever incels do they will always be the villain. You are not supposed to be a hero the society will not accept it. If you have to become relevant then you have to become the villain.

Brutal, even in ancient times and Middle Ages ugly people were hated because they must have committed a sin to look like that. Nothing has changed since then.

Good summary
Bobby Fischer IQ

Brutal, even in ancient times and Middle Ages ugly people were hated because they must have committed a sin to look like that. Nothing has changed since then.

These left-wing progtard soyboy Reddit atheist types who make up the ranks of the anti-incel brigade are literally being as backwards, illogical, and retarded as these medieval religious nuts, and yet they can't see it.

Interesting and based. Schwarzschild IQ.

Idk what to say. I've hated Darth Sidious including the prequels and the actor is not ugly, just old. Also the villain from "Speed" same situation. Or Dominic Greene from Quantum of Solace. It is true to one extent but not 100%

These left-wing progtard soyboy Reddit atheist types who make up the ranks of the anti-incel brigade are literally being as backwards, illogical, and retarded as these medieval religious nuts, and yet they can't see it.

Just don't be ugly bro

ah the halo effect ( effect of looks ) , if your good looking you get treated just better , jeremy meeks is the perfect example of this

You forgot the second rule: make him MALE.

no soyboys will hate on a female no matter how unattractive.

I noticed this when playing the Rdr2 story recently. All the characters they want you to have positive opinions on are physically attractive. The main character Arthur Morgan for example, or near the end of the game the army captain or whoever he was, helping out the Indians. They make the villian Micah look scrawny and unkempt. Even when Arthur is sick he still has the good jawline and blue hunter eyes.

It's been 10mn I'm trying to find an ugly villain who's liked but I can't