Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LifeFuel How to get rid of social anxiety: CBD

J

jjbref

Aziz ansari lookalike
-
I have pretty bad social anxiety, in almost every situation where I'm actively interacting (leading) the discussion. It can be in a group, one-on-one (especially with foids), university presentations, I'm always fucking anxious as hell for absolutely no reason.

I think this year was the worst for me because I had so many fucking university presentations. I'm in 4th year at the moment, and my program has a lot of seminar/presentation courses this year, if I had known I would have never picked this school/degree), but with 3 years already down the drain I decided to push forward.

I can tell you from personal experience CBD has made a huge difference to the way I approach social situations, I just don't give a shit anymore. Like obviously I don't want to make mistakes while talking, but even if I do, I legit don't give a fuck anymore. It's honestly liberating as hell.

Relating this to actual research, significant decrease in social anxiety, especially in high-stress environments (like presentations) has been shown in studies. CBD research into this still developing, but I think this supplement could be lifefuel for many.

1. Bergamaschi, M. M., Queiroz, R. H. C., Chagas, M. H. N., De Oliveira, D. C. G., De Martinis, B. S., Kapczinski, F., ... & Crippa, J. A. S. (2011). Cannabidiol reduces the anxiety induced by simulated public speaking in treatment-naive social phobia patients. Neuropsychopharmacology, 36(6), 1219-1226.
2. Berger, M., Li, E., & Amminger, G. P. (2020). Treatment of social anxiety disorder and attenuated psychotic symptoms with cannabidiol. BMJ Case Reports CP, 13(10), e235307.
3. Blessing, E. M., Steenkamp, M. M., Manzanares, J., & Marmar, C. R. (2015). Cannabidiol as a potential treatment for anxiety disorders. Neurotherapeutics, 12(4), 825-836.
(All highly-cited papers in reputable journals = good/reliable research)

Thoughts on this? I think anyone who faces abnormally high levels of social anxiety should at the very least try and see if it works for them

Sounds cool I’ll have to try that. I like kratom a lot too. It makes me feel more energized

Can't be that bad. I'd honestly rope if I had to give a presentation to normie University students. Fuck that

Weed makes me legit suicidal btw. We're 2 completely different people yet incel

I been looking for alternatives to help with it. I been using Lexapro. It helps to an extent but at the same time I don't feel comfortable taking antidepressants for long term

Will try it. I’ve tried so much shit for my anxiety and none of it worked though

it feels like a weak version of alcohol imo
Weed makes me legit suicidal btw. We're 2 completely different people yet incel
CBD can reduce the weird thought loops and anxiety brought on by THC, good to take together

doesnt do shit for me

I love that stuff, haven’t tried kraton, psychedelics are best, especially psychedelic water