Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious How to balance guns in video (FPScels GTFIH, DNRcels DNE)

Seahorsecel

Seahorsecel

ILM, #BelieveAllIncels, #IncelToo, #StopIncelAbuse
I'm making my own Vidya rn help me balance the gun classes

It would include:
Assault rifles
Submachine guns
Machine guns
Snipers
Shotguns
Designated marksman
Anti-vehicle gun
Rocket launcher
Melee

Keep in mind that there is no spread, bullet velocity (outside of anti-vehicle guns and rocket launchers)

Ofc there will be multiple guns in each class. This is just a "blueprint" of sorts.

100% movement speed = hand with knife

Knife will be in its own slot.

This is what I have come up with:
Assault rifles:
85% movement speed
Average TTK
Average recoil
Average range

Submachine guns:
100% movement speed
Slightly faster TTK compared to assault rifles
Slightly more recoil compared to assault rifles
A lot less range compared to assault rifles, damage decreases drastically at range

Machine guns:
65% movement speed
Superior to assault rifles in ammo capacity, range, and recoil control
Equal TTK
Slow ADs and reload speed

Snipers:
85% movement speed
1 hit KO to head and stomach
Average ADs

Shotguns:
130% movement speed
Nonexistent range but shoots out numerous pellets that deal equal damage compared to submachine gun bullets

Designated marksman:
85% movement speed
3 hit KO chest, 2 hit KO head and stomach
Very high recoil

Anti-vehicle gun:
35% movement speed
1 shot KO anywhere in the body
2-3 shot KO on vehicle
1 round loaded 10 in reserve
Extremely slow ADs
Extremely slow bullet speed
Extremely slow reload

Rocket launcher:
55% movement speed
1 hit KO to vehicle
Does roughly 50 damage to players, this is to prevent griefing
1 round loaded 2 in reserve

Melee: 2 hit KO

What should I change here?

Add a pistol class. And are you going with primary-secondary weapon system?

Anti-vehicle gun:
35% movement speed
1 shot KO anywhere in the body
2-3 shot KO on vehicle
1 round loaded 10 in reserve
Extremely slow ADs
Extremely slow reload
assuming you're making a recoilless rifle you should buff the movement speed. It's a bit odd that you can run faster with an RPG or whatever than you can with a sniper rifle with a huge bullet.

Also either nerf the damage on vehicles and keep the ammo the same or limit the ammo. killing potentially 5 vehicles while the dedicated rocket launcher can only kill 3 makes the rocket launcher useless.

Pistol cannon class and downside should be long af reload (because you gotta reload both and maybe it takes two hands per)

assuming you're making a recoilless rifle you should buff the movement speed. It's a bit odd that you can run faster with an RPG or whatever than you can with a sniper rifle with a huge bullet.
View attachment 1147528
Also either nerf the damage on vehicles and keep the ammo the same or limit the ammo. killing potentially 5 vehicles while the dedicated rocket launcher can only kill 3 makes the rocket launcher useless.
:feelsstudy:
Thanks for the input. Read every single pixel. :feelsthink::bigbrain:

Designated marksman:
85% movement speed
3 hit KO chest, 2 hit KO head and stomach
Very high recoil
Hitting 3 consecutive shots with a high recoil rifle from (presumably) far-range sounds like hell(fucking PUBG flashbacks.) I'm not sure what the engagement range or speed of the game you're making is but this just does not sound fun. limit the recoil or lower the ko by one bullet on both.
Shotguns:
130% movement speed
Nonexistent range but shoots out numerous pellets that deal equal damage compared to submachine gun bullets
I don't like it when games do this since shotguns irl can shoot pretty far. If I were you I would higher the range to around medium and make it oneshot if you're in short range. lower the movement speed and give the high movement speed to the SMG and make it a pump action to compensate. So the difference between the shotgun would be ok movement speed and good one-shot potential while the Smg is fast, and doesn't punish you for missing a shot like the pump shotgun would but has no oneshot potential. (I'm a little bit less sure on this one tbf)

Last edited:
They are heavy irl

Hitting 3 consecutive shots with a high recoil rifle from (presumably) far-range sounds like hell(fucking PUBG flashbacks.) I'm not sure what the engagement range or speed of the game you're making is but this just does not sound fun. limit the recoil or lower the ko by one bullet on both.
I'll probably nerf the recoil slightly and increase the damage to make it a 2 hit KO
I don't like it when games do this since shotguns irl can shoot pretty far. If I were you I would higher the range to around medium and make it oneshot if you're in short range. lower the movement speed and give the high movement speed to the SMG and make it a pump action to compensate. So the difference between the shotgun would be ok movement speed and good one-shot potential while the Smg is fast, and doesn't punish you for missing a shot like the pump shotgun would but has no oneshot potential.
Yeah I'll probably do this. So you have any idea(s) how to balance pistols?

So you have any idea(s) how to balance pistols?
Make them shoot close to slightly medium range and have them ko with 5-6 chest and 2 to the head with low recoil, fire rate and amount of ammo. The best example I can think of would be the USP in CSGO. It's a last resort weapon so the guy is already weak or they are a sniper fighting an AR/SMG at close range and should lose.

Last edited: