Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting How my parents set me up for failure in life

mcfroggy

mcfroggy

NEET | Doesn't even have friends
★★★★★
They deny ever doing these things, and gaslight me about their neglect. This is a record of their abuse. Now that they have another child, its even more painful because they teach him everything, put him in sports, take all his medical problems seriously, buy him whatever he wants, and treat him very well. So its not like they didn't know how to parent. They just didn't care about me. And now that I've become a neet, they get a free live in housekeeper that they can take out their stress on for the rest of their lives. Jfl.

1. Being born premature and mother not fully following the doctors orders because she 'didn't want to pump her baby full of chemicals'. I grew up malnourished, with weak teeth and with very small head/hands/feet.
2. They did not teach me basic hygiene like toothbrushing, skincare, and deodorant. My skin is ruined from washing my face with soap and putting alcohol on acne, and my teeth are very yellow have thin enamel and a lot of fillings. I stunk all though until mid highschool when I found out about deodorant and begged my mother for days to buy me one.
3. They cut my hair in a retard bowl cut until highschool, this is self explanatory.
4. I only got shitty Walmart clothing even though we weren't poor, always coats too big for me because I'd 'grow into it' (I didn't).
5. Did not teach me to socialize, I was not allowed to go to other ppls houses or hang out after school. The only thing I could do was study, go on the computer and read, but they still yelled at me for going on the computer too much.
6. Ignored multiple health issues like not growing at normal rate, being fat, cavities, tmj, acne, flat feet, and posture problems. When I did go to the dentist I would be berated for wasting my mother's time and inconvenicing her. My face literally looks like I had a stroke because the tmj is so bad, yet I'm supposed to 'get a job and pay for it yourself, its not important'.
7. Was not taught any life lessons like get a job in highschool or else you'll be unemployable later on. Did not teach any practical things like how to do taxes or handle finances.
8. Gave me cptsd because they needed to release their stress from the day at work. I freeze up whenever someone yells at me, loud noises make me jump, I feel terrified and flinch when people touch me, my voice is very quiet, asking for help/basic respect is impossible, and I live in perpetual state of dissociation.
9. Denied and gaslighted any and ALL of my negative feelings growing up, I have no boundaries and am supposed to sacrifice myself for everyone no matter what I think or feel.
10. All of this is apparently my fault and I should pull myself by the bootstraps and get on with my life.

Brutal. Even more brutal if your brother grows up to become a Chad

10. All of this is apparently my fault and I should pull myself by the bootstraps and get on with my life.

Yeah, inkwel!!! it's all on you! take responsibility for your own choices bro!

Sorry your parents were shit. You didn't deserve it.

putting alcohol on acne
Oh, so you're not supposed to do that?

I freeze up whenever someone yells at me, loud noises make me jump, I feel terrified and flinch when people touch me, my voice is very quiet, asking for help/basic respect is impossible, and I live in perpetual state of dissociation.
Ahh.. It is the same situation for me. Especially since my father used to hit me and scream at me when from when I was around 8-12 years old. He still screamed at me through High School but it did not affect me like it affected me when I was younger.

They deny ever doing these things, and gaslight me about their neglect. This is a record of their abuse. Now that they have another child, its even more painful because they teach him everything, put him in sports, take all his medical problems seriously, buy him whatever he wants, and treat him very well. So its not like they didn't know how to parent. They just didn't care about me. And now that I've become a neet, they get a free live in housekeeper that they can take out their stress on for the rest of their lives. Jfl.

1. Being born premature and mother not fully following the doctors orders because she 'didn't want to pump her baby full of chemicals'. I grew up malnourished, with weak teeth and with very small head/hands/feet.
2. They did not teach me basic hygiene like toothbrushing, skincare, and deodorant. My skin is ruined from washing my face with soap and putting alcohol on acne, and my teeth are very yellow have thin enamel and a lot of fillings. I stunk all though until mid highschool when I found out about deodorant and begged my mother for days to buy me one.
3. They cut my hair in a retard bowl cut until highschool, this is self explanatory.
4. I only got shitty Walmart clothing even though we weren't poor, always coats too big for me because I'd 'grow into it' (I didn't).
5. Did not teach me to socialize, I was not allowed to go to other ppls houses or hang out after school. The only thing I could do was study, go on the computer and read, but they still yelled at me for going on the computer too much.
6. Ignored multiple health issues like not growing at normal rate, being fat, cavities, tmj, acne, flat feet, and posture problems. When I did go to the dentist I would be berated for wasting my mother's time and inconvenicing her. My face literally looks like I had a stroke because the tmj is so bad, yet I'm supposed to 'get a job and pay for it yourself, its not important'.
7. Was not taught any life lessons like get a job in highschool or else you'll be unemployable later on. Did not teach any practical things like how to do taxes or handle finances.
8. Gave me cptsd because they needed to release their stress from the day at work. I freeze up whenever someone yells at me, loud noises make me jump, I feel terrified and flinch when people touch me, my voice is very quiet, asking for help/basic respect is impossible, and I live in perpetual state of dissociation.
9. Denied and gaslighted any and ALL of my negative feelings growing up, I have no boundaries and am supposed to sacrifice myself for everyone no matter what I think or feel.
Cut them out. Never talk to them ever again, I wouldn't even go to their funeral

Brutal. Even more brutal if your brother grows up to become a Chad
I think he's going to be tallfag, maybe I should tell him to breathe through his mouth because you get more oxygen :feelshmm:. He's a little monster anyways. Steals my stuff, hits me, insults me and has sense of superiority, if I retaliate in any way my parents just blame me for it anyways.

Cut them out. Never talk to them ever again, I wouldn't even go to their funeral
I wish, but I can't even function on the outside world, I depend on then. I'm too tired and run down by everyone to try.

I think he's going to be tallfag, maybe I should tell him to breathe through his mouth because you get more oxygen :feelshmm:. He's a little monster anyways. Steals my stuff, hits me, insults me and has sense of superiority, if I retaliate in any way my parents just blame me for it anyways.

I wish, but I can't even function on the outside world, I depend on then. I'm too tired and run down by everyone to try.
Brutal. It's too late damn

same and i wont go in to it all but yes bro same here

i don't know what to say, that sucks.

I feel you man. My parents didn’t teach me life skills and I feel bad whenever I see my cousins succeeding at life I feel like shit because like you I had bad hygiene in high school and had extreme social anxiety. My dad also cut my hair LOL. However now that you are an adult you have to take charge of your own life. The only way to get rid of the anger is to leave home for good.

I definitely can sympathize with you though. All I hear about is how great my cousins are and what they are up to and yet my family doesn’t even know basic facts about me like what I go to college for or what I’m interested in. I don’t tell them because they don’t care. If they cared they would ask me things once in a while. I always tried to be polite with them whereas they acted like spoiled brats all the time. Now that I’m older I don’t care really

maybe I should tell him to breathe through his mouth because you get more oxygen :feelshmm:.
DO THIS DO THIS DO THIS if he is treating you like shit. How old is he???? If he hasnt started puberty yet then it will have serious affects. Also tell him to mouth breath in his sleep too if you havent already. Make him suffer for making you suffer.

DO THIS DO THIS DO THIS if he is treating you like shit. How old is he???? If he hasnt started puberty yet then it will have serious affects. Also tell him to mouth breath in his sleep too if you havent already. Make him suffer for making you suffer.
He hasn't started puberty yet. I was debating but now IDC if he's 'just a kid', I was 'just a kid' and yet they treated me like absolute trash. There's no karma in the world, and I don't care about gaining their love anymore. What can I say to him to make sure parents don't catch him doing it and correct it?

My life was ruined by not having a NT brain

This sounds really similar to my life, especially the cptsd part

Yeah, about me. I remember my middle school teacher even called me over after class and asked me to wear deoderant. Asked my mom to buy some and she wouldn't even do it, gave me one of hers that didn't do fucking shit. Still smelled like shit all day long because women's deoderant is not meant for men. Also with a bowlcut she was too cheap to get me to a barber for at the same time. Just endless shit like that.

I'm also in the same boat, have to just pull myself up by the bootstraps bro! Stop being entitled, it's just my viewpoint that's holding me back!

Typical idiot boomer cuck parents

Your situation seems pretty similar to mine. The parentingpill is severe and underrated

Those health problems will get worse as you get older. RIP

Brutal, sorry for you

Your situation seems pretty similar to mine. The parentingpill is severe and underrated
for sure. parents can make diffrence between normie and chad, trucel or failed normie. Poor NEET or rich

They made your bad situation worse.

Find a way to return the favor - when you are out of their environment. And have a secure life. (Ikr)

Or just leave as soon as possible. If you can. If not, then try to endure...

Incel suffering is like the energizer bunny - it keeps going and going and going...

What can I say to him to make sure parents don't catch him doing it and correct it?
Do everything I said here but add a few things.... Tell him if he sees his parents or in public, breath with his mouth slightly open. But when in private or out of sight, Breath with his mouth as wide as possible. And make sure to tell him to do it in his sleep too (this is important)

My parents far worse... You got it easy