Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

How much do you think genetic determinism effect your skill in video games?

Left4DeadNiggER

Left4DeadNiggER

Based fatcel+muttcel
★★★★★
I personally think your genetics effect your skills a lot in video games.

Things like you intelligence, reaction speed, your learning ability, your memory, etc. All effect your skills and they are largely genetic.

This was a hard pill to swallow for me as I've always wanted to be good at video games but despite pouring 100's of hours into games I just don't get to much better.

Now I do think if you focus lots of hours on getting better you can get better but there is still a genetic limit to how good you can get.

Also a question for @DarkStar how good are you at video games? I'm guessing you are pretty good due to your high intelligence level and you are probably able to learn more complex things better than a lot of people.

Tagging some gamercels I can think of:

@BlackCel_from_ZA @VideoGameCoper @Lonelyus @NoIdeaWhatToDo @Ron.Belgrade @SubhumanGamer

Last edited:
I've been playing videogames non-stop for almost my entire life and i'm only decent at best tbh. Being genetically predisposed for vidya is definitely important. But i don't think intelligence actually matters that much unless you're playing super hard puzzle games or something along those lines. Just having an average IQ is more than enough for most games

Last edited:
Depends on the game

I've been playing videogames non-stop for almost my entire life and i'm only decent at best tbh. Being genetically predisposed for vidya is definitely important. But i don't think intelligence actually matters that much unless you're playing super hard puzzle games or something along those lines. Just having an average IQ is more than enough for most games
Don't you think iq for games like rainbow six seige overwatch, league of legends etc. Is important to play at a high level?

I do agree that average iq is good enough most of the time though.

I'm also like you and I'm only really average (I'm slightly above average at overwatch but that's because I've spend 600+ hours on that game)

Probably a good bit, but starting young and practicing are more important imo. Just like the mechanical car related stuff I’m good at. I have a natural skill for it, but would still suck at repairs if my dad hadn’t worked on stuff with me since I was 5. Starting young is the easiest way to be good at something. That’s why many of us are pretty good at games. It’s also why some guys can talk to women so smoothly, because they got positive reinforcement from a young age and the confidence and skill just built on that.

Don't you think iq for games like rainbow six seige overwatch, league of legends etc. Is important to play at a high level?
Fast reaction speed is definitely more important for those games.

Idk but im pretty good in all videogames

genetics play a big part in literally every aspect of life

yes and age too. teens to early 20s will mog older players in first person shooters.

smart people mog in thinking games

Fast reaction speed is definitely more important for those games.
it isnt that important unless ur a turtle or something. its about knowing or guessing where the enemy can be and then adjusting your crosshair or position. i dont know shit about moba games but i can confidently say that i am pretty good at competitive fps games and it isnt all that complicated as you think it is. just point and shoot. you just have to be fast, thats all. if ur a fast-learner, then you can learn how to play the game correctly fast aswell. in order to be good at a certain video game, you have to put at least 2k hours in that video game.
genetics play a big part in literally every aspect of life
^^^^^^

Yeah s1mple actually has big brain

i put 10k hours into a fps many years ago never could get to the top. tbh some are just better maybe some cheated who knows

Serious answer, yes it obviously affects your performance. It's also why men are far superior than foids in video games, since we have faster reaction times, better motor control, higher IQ, etc.

Serious answer, yes it obviously affects your performance. It's also why men are far superior than foids in video games, since we have faster reaction times, better motor control, higher IQ, etc.
I only do decent at RPGs. I suck at first person shooters

I only do decent at RPGs. I suck at first person shooters
I would say I'm at least above-average in most FPS games, but I've been playing them since I was a kid and poured thousands of hours into it so.

it isnt that important unless ur a turtle or something. its about knowing or guessing where the enemy can be and then adjusting your crosshair or position. i dont know shit about moba games but i can confidently say that i am pretty good at competitive fps games and it isnt all that complicated as you think it is. just point and shoot. you just have to be fast, thats all. if ur a fast-learner, then you can learn how to play the game correctly fast aswell. in order to be good at a certain video game, you have to put at least 2k hours in that video game.

^^^^^^
Mogger gaming skills.

I've always had bad aim in fps games for some reason.

Maybe it's the sensitivity or something?

It's probably also my intelligence being low because I can never seem to predict enemy movement

Maybe it's the sensitivity or something?
it depends on what fps game you are playing. for example, if you are playing games like valorant or counter strike, you should play with a low sensitivity because you are holding angles. the most important thing is knowing where to put your crosshair. the crosshair placement
It's probably also my intelligence being low because I can never seem to predict enemy movement
its not about you being "dumb". it could be happening because of 2 things, first: you cant understand the game or know little about the game, which definitely doesnt make you a dumb person, or simply dont give a fuck to be good at the game. as i said before, you just have to play that certain game you want to be good at a lot. thats the only way you can get better and once you get better, you can be a god at any other competitive fps games because u already mastered the basics.
I've always had bad aim in fps games for some reason.
i played a lot of fps games in my childhood so thats why im so used to it. i dont play anything besides fps games.

it depends on what fps game you are playing. for example, if you are playing games like valorant or counter strike, you should play with a low sensitivity because you are holding angles. the most important thing is knowing where to put your crosshair. the crosshair placement

its not about you being "dumb". it could be happening because of 2 things, first: you cant understand the game or know little about the game, which definitely doesnt make you a dumb person, or simply dont give a fuck to be good at the game. as i said before, you just have to play that certain game you want to be good at a lot. thats the only way you can get better and once you get better, you can be a god at any other competitive fps games because u already mastered the basics.

i played a lot of fps games in my childhood so thats why im so used to it. i dont play anything besides fps games.
Oh ok.

I have 1000+ hours on overwatch and I peaked master 5 but I feel that it should be higher than that considering I've spent that much time on the game (I also dropped out of masters and just floated around diamond 1 and 2)

Then again I never really went in with the intent on improving so that might be why tbh

for 1k hours, its pretty good imo. and also i forgot to mention but having a good equipment is crucial.
I forgot to mention i am also a console player so that rank isn't as impressive imo.

I want to switch to keyboard and mouse but I don't have a pc

I forgot to mention i am also a console player so that rank isn't as impressive imo.
ohh, i get it okay.
I want to switch to keyboard and mouse but I don't have a pc
pc is way more fun than console imo. i think you SHOULD switch to pc when you can. i dont mainly play ow2 but i play counter-strike and valorant. i play againts faceit level 10s in cs and high immortals and sometimes radiants in valorant(top rank if u didnt know). i can teach you valorant and other comp fps games once you switch to pc.

ohh, i get it okay.

pc is way more fun than console imo. i think you SHOULD switch to pc when you can. i dont mainly play ow2 but i play counter-strike and valorant. i play againts faceit level 10s in cs and high immortals and sometimes radiants in valorant(top rank if u didnt know). i can teach you valorant and other comp fps games once you switch to pc.
Alright. I've always wanted to play counter stroke tbh. It looks so damn fun.

Once I get a job I'm gonna save for a pc

Thanks for the advice brocel

I'll follow you

I personally think your genetics effect your skills a lot in video games.

Things like you intelligence, reaction speed, your learning ability, your memory, etc. All effect your skills and they are largely genetic.

This was a hard pill to swallow for me as I've always wanted to be good at video games but despite pouring 100's of hours into games I just don't get to much better.

Now I do think if you focus lots of hours on getting better you can get better but there is still a genetic limit to how good you can get.

Also a question for @DarkStar how good are you at video games? I'm guessing you are pretty good due to your high intelligence level and you are probably able to learn more complex things better than a lot of people.

Tagging some gamercels I can think of:

@BlackCel_from_ZA @VideoGameCoper @Lonelyus @NoIdeaWhatToDo @Ron.Belgrade @SubhumanGamer
Im bad at most multiplayer games I play
literally everything comes back to genes in life
Even fucking gaming

Even though I’ve been playing games pretty much everyday since I was a kid im still bad because of my low iq and shit reaction time

Its funny when people message you to tell you your bad(happens to me often)
They are pretty much just insulting your genes

I think to some degree it does.

I have 7k hours total in the Counter-Strike series and I feel like I hit a skill plateau of some sort a loooong time ago. Happened to pretty much all of my friends, too, and they "plateaued" similarly, but at different skill levels. I have a very good computer, 165hz monitor (I don't know if going any higher in refresh rate would help...), expensive mouse, very expensive gaming headphones, and none of it helped too much, well besides the headphones, considering I have hearing problems to begin with so I sought out good headphones.

I'm definitely above average, but of course, I'm not anywhere near pro level. Using stats websites, I have beaten metric fuck tons of Globals in CS (despite never actually attaining the rank), but I can't beat a similar houred FaceIT 9 or 10.

Last edited:
Fps games always destroys my ego i hate this shit i hate being incompetent at everything i do

I would think some, since all things in life are affected by your genetics. I've been playing video games since i was 6 or 7 and i've never been good at them without knowing some cheats in the game

Genetics play a big role in gaming

Competitive, skill-based games?
Huge, of course. Reaction time, split millisecond thinking, risk balancing and decision taking is primarily going to be driven by genetics. It's why there are no women that can compete in FPS or fighting games.
Oddly enough I don't believe it's strongly linked directly to IQ.

Depends on the game really

Fps competitive= high T

Metroidvania = anyone can play really

4x strategy= high IQ