Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

How many of you here loved wrestling (WWE) when you were younger?

thespanishcel

thespanishcel

Overlord
★★★★★
I remember from 2008 til like 2012 being obsessed with WWE and downloading videos of PPV matches to watch them (we didn't have cable so couldn't watch it on TV), asking the action figures for Christmas, larping with my friends in the school playground, playing the Smackdown vs Raw games for hours, etc.

In Spain around 2007/08 wrestling became hugely popular and everyone watched it because it was available in public TV even if they were old matches compared to the US. My favorite wrestler was Randy Orton with his RKO and kicking people in the head. Some other cool guys were The Undertaker, Kane, Rey Mysterio, Shawn Michaels, etc. So nostalgic.

I haven't watched WWE in ages since it doesn't interest me anymore (also from what I've read it's kinda bad nowadays) but the good memories are still in my head.

I literally lived through the infamous Monday night wars of WWF Attitude Era Vs. WCW/NWO.

When I was a kid I’d just started watching as the 80’s golden age of pro wrestling and Hulkamania were just fading making way for the mediocre but still somewhat solid (largely thanks to Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels) WWF New Generation era.

I also watched WCW programming at that time and greatly enjoyed the rare battles between classic surfer Sting and Big Van Vader as well I saw Vader powerbomb Mick Foley ie Cactus Jack/Mankind on the cement floor which was one of pro wrestling’s early nasty holy shit Foley moments long before the Undertaker threw him off the top of the Hell in a Cell cage.

I of course lived through and watched much of the Ruthless Agression era as well and largely skipped the shitty C-nation led by John Cena during the PG era when all that boring bullshit occurred.

No fault of John’s own.

He got fucked over as did we all by circumstances.

He’d of made an excellent heel in the Attitude era had he been there to be a part of it watching Stone Cold and the Rock whoop his candy ass every Monday night along with Triple H. Heh.

Currently the show is only worth tuning in for Roman Reigns the Bloodline storyline and Cody Rhodes.

yes. wwf. before that i think it was called wwwf? started watching in mid 90's

i watched this live on payperview

243245-png.1030897

It was called WWF when I was young. And yeah, I loved it.

who's your favorite heel

iu
@The Abyss @Ellsworth gtfih!
iu

ohh a goldust fan @worrycel thats yours

iu
goldust vs razor ramon
iu
goldust

Last edited:
I had an interest in wrestling that was very superficial because I paid much more attention to PS2 video games than watching the show on TV. I found it more fun to create my own scenarios through the different modes the games offered, rather than watching someone else's.

A special mention to CM Punk's entrance music, which will always remain engraved in my memory.

View: https://youtu.be/w3y9RpTizqg?feature=shared

I been a fan of Wwe since the attitude era watching Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Rock.

I used to watch it when i was a kid in 2008-2010 and then again in 2013-2016, but this shit gets old very quckly, every match is scripted, even commenters' lines are scripted jfl. Most matches are almost unwatchable, with overbuffed meatheads with terrible skills battering each other, ad-hoc alliances and feuds that lead nowhere, constant interruptions of regular matches and "unexpected" twistes, comical "betrayals" etc.