Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Wrestling botches and tragedies

LostSoulUK

LostSoulUK

Officer
★★
The most interesting part of wrestling are the things that weren't supposed to happen. I'm talking The tragedies, botches and near death experiences. Whilst I no longer watch wrestling, I'm still fascinated to hear these stories behind the curtain call. Like many guys I grew up with wrestling. The list is endless but here's a few that spring to mind:

Undertaker vs Mankind Hell in a cell (most iconic match in wrestling history, Foley could have easily died in that match)
New Jack (Renown for attempting to murder his opponents in the ring)
Benoit homicide (What possessed a technically iconic wrestler to murder his own family?)
The Montreal screw job (An unscripted betrayal to manipulate the predetermined outcome of a match)
Owen Heart death plunge (Why was their no protocols or security measures to prevent this)
Rey Mysterio manslaughter (The unintentional murder of a fellow wrestler)
Taker Goldberg botched match (1 of the most botched matches in wwe history featuring 2 legends)

Truecel trait: you have no idea what this guy is talking about as you don't watch wrestling

Truecel trait: you have no idea what this guy is talking about as you don't watch wrestling
Any oldcel has some knowledge of wrestling, today's kids don't care because they have so much more choice in what they watch.

Any oldcel has some knowledge of wrestling, today's kids don't care because they have so much more choice in what they watch.
ye most of us grew up with wrestling, especially during the 90s when it had everybody talking. Everyone is familiar with the like of Austin, The Rock, Triple H, The Undertaker.

I haven't watched wrestling since the 2000's but catch a few clips here and there of CM Punk recent return for instance. Wrestling is pre-determined that much is true, but there are more interesting stories about wrestling than any other mainstream sport. What other sport has this many tragedies, deaths, botches, unplanned events?. There's no faking Foley being flung from a 16 feet hight cell, narrowly missing his neck being broke from the barricade. Sure there's padding to break the fall, but that shit can still get you killed, bodies are not built for such extreme landings as evident by the fall from Owen Hart who was not so fortunate to live another day.

Wrestling is based

Even to this day, people are still fascinated to know about the Owen Hart tragedy. To fall 78 feet from a harness malfunction is crazy. Wrestling probably has the most tragedies more than any other sport. Whilst wrestling is predetermined, the tragedies and botches are very real as it's a high risk form of entertainment. They put their bodies on the line which inevitably leads to the occasional tragedy

Darren Drozdov who got paralyzed from the neck down to his whole body from a botched move.

They put their bodies on the line which inevitably leads to the occasional tragedy
they destroy their bodies and retard assholes still want to yell fake. we get it you dont like it just stfu and go watch whatever fake shit you like.

I love wrestling. There was a botch on Raw this week where a guy got concussed, He sent a tweet saying he is fine.

The most interesting part of wrestling are the things that weren't supposed to happen. I'm talking The tragedies, botches and near death experiences. Whilst I no longer watch wrestling, I'm still fascinated to hear these stories behind the curtain call. Like many guys I grew up with wrestling. The list is endless but here's a few that spring to mind:

Undertaker vs Mankind Hell in a cell (most iconic match in wrestling history, Foley could have easily died in that match)
New Jack (Renown for attempting to murder his opponents in the ring)
Benoit homicide (What possessed a technically iconic wrestler to murder his own family?)
The Montreal screw job (An unscripted betrayal to manipulate the predetermined outcome of a match)
Owen Heart death plunge (Why was their no protocols or security measures to prevent this)
Rey Mysterio manslaughter (The unintentional murder of a fellow wrestler)
Taker Goldberg botched match (1 of the most botched matches in wwe history featuring 2 legends)
Boxing also leads to frequent injuries
Do what you want but I like to keep my nose straight and my teeth

There are some interesting shoot interview videos of New Jack on YouTube.

There are some interesting shoot interview videos of New Jack on YouTube.
That guy was insane, he threw a guy from 50ft scaffolding into a table and stabbed other opponents in the ring. That shit makes Foley seem tame by comparison

Boxing also leads to frequent injuries
Do what you want but I like to keep my nose straight and my teeth
The irony is, wrestling is probably more dangerous than boxing as there's a lot more variables. People have legit died from botched moves in wrestling, there's so much more risk involved, especially during the earlier days which really pushed the boundaries. Wrestling is predetermined yet its still more life threatening than boxing. Boxing is just sparring back and forth, the worst that can happen is broken teeth, busted face or dementia in old age.

The irony is, wrestling is probably more dangerous than boxing as there's a lot more variables. People have legit died from botched moves in wrestling, there's so much more risk involved, especially during the earlier days which really pushed the boundaries. Wrestling is predetermined yet its still more life threatening than boxing. Boxing is just sparring back and forth, the worst that can happen is broken teeth, busted face or dementia in old age.
What injuries?
I can imagine fucking up your spine is what's killing them

@Fat Link and @Sheogorath I believe are wrestlin fans

i used to watch it back in 99-03 era

remember the ring collapse back in 03

shit was crazy
no I was too much of a faggot to appreciate pro wrestling during the attitude era, I missed out on a lot

but also I didn't have a PVR back then so I doubt I could've managed it even if my heart had been open

on the opposite end, here's the greatest botch in the history of sports entertainment

i was watching it on pay per view

no I was too much of a faggot to appreciate pro wrestling during the attitude era, I missed out on a lot

but also I didn't have a PVR back then so I doubt I could've managed it even if my heart had been open
that was bout the time i was watchin degrassi on ctv in september 2002 no joke

that was bout the time i was watchin degrassi on ctv in september 2002 no joke
so you probably saw me engineering the mass shooting that crippled Jimmy, awesome

That guy was insane, he threw a guy from 50ft scaffolding into a table and stabbed other opponents in the ring. That shit makes Foley seem tame by comparison
Don't forget the Mass Transit incident, that shit was brutal.

What injuries?
I can imagine fucking up your spine is what's killing them
Concussions is the major factor. There used to be unprotected chair shots until recently, they started to fine wrestlers for doing chair shots to the head or something to that degree.

There's been a few tragedies with mexican wrestlers due to the risk taking style of luchador's. Silver King, La Parka to name a few who died in battle. I always loved watching the risk takers in wrestling, that's what made wrestling exciting.

WWE featured guys like Jeff Hardy, Rey Mysterio, Mick Foley, Terry Funk, HBK amongst many others who put their body on the line. Even though there's padding to break a man's fall, it can only do so much to prevent serious injury especially from an awkward landing. Owen Hart fell 70ft, chest first onto the rope which catapulted him into the ring, that impact was akin to a car crash, like a whiplash of blunt trauma which causes instant internal bleeding to the organs.