Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious How lookism gets "debunked"...

G

Ghost

Veteran
★★★★★
So I heard this argument from a psychiatrist against the claim how we are treated like trash or bullied because of the way we look.

According to him, it's because we give off a negative vibe in our facial expressions and countenance as a result of our brain being in "fight or flight" mode for extended periods.

Therefore, resulting in negative treatment by others.

And supposedly if we have a happier expression and countenance, we will be treated differently in a more positive sense regardless of how we look.

However, to my understanding none of us [UWSL]Are born with negative looking facial expressions and it's the way people treat us that made us negative to begin with. [/UWSL]

[UWSL]so what came first? The chicken or the egg? [/UWSL]
[UWSL][/UWSL]
[UWSL]From personal experience, the only time I stopped getting physically bullied and started getting some respect (more like fear...) is when I started having a more "don't fuck with me or I'll fuck you up" body language. [/UWSL]

[UWSL]you know, stomach in chest out, always keep back straight and have a stern facial expression... As anyone who has had some form of military training will tell you. [/UWSL]

In contrast to my former "prey" body language of always looking down, shoulders slumped, and constantly stuttering because I'm afraid I'm gonna get beat up by you.

Again... I wouldn't EVER have gotten "prey" body language if I wasn't bullied to begin with. And I won't be bullied to begin with if I looked strong.

Again... What came first, the chicken or the egg?

[UWSL][/UWSL]
[UWSL][/UWSL]

Psychiatrists need to be fucking Paddock'd at their DSM elaboration meetings:feelsaww:. In Kid Icarus: Uprising.

However, to my understanding none of us [UWSL]Are born with negative looking facial expressions and it's the way people treat us that made us negative to begin with.[/UWSL]
exactly. Did you tell him that?

we are treated like trash or bullied because of the way we look.
That's the blackpill.

But he does have a point. Chronically abused people often get Complex PTSD, which in turn makes its sufferers give off a certain "vibe" (nonverbal communication) that attracts even more social predators.