Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious How important is flossing to you?

How important is flossing to you?

• Total voters
I've never flossed in my life, it's a disgusting practice and a jewish lie.

I only floss after I eat chicken wings.

I prefer to use my chinese ultrasonic scalar to blast away tartar. It's a very satisfying feeling and gets them much cleaner than any jewish dentist could :yes:

if you have a little gum recession then using dental floss becomes really difficult, you can't clean everywhere with it without tearing up your gums and shit, shoving floss under the gumline without hurting anything also seems really autistic and finnicky

i use a few wooden toothpicks to clean everything every night, takes about 30 minutes to do all teeth and all gumlines, top and bottom, front and behind (i have no idea how you use dental floss to clean the back side of each tooth, most likely you just don't bother JFL)

then do oil pulling with coconut oil for about 30 minutes, no alcohol mouth washes or any shit like that as it's useless

doing this every night is pretty much what you need if you are genetically predisposed to calculus and periodontitis, and don't want to visit a dentist every 6 months like the average normie cattle, i am fine going there once every 2-3 years with this setup

I only floss after I eat chicken wings.

I prefer to use my chinese ultrasonic scalar to blast away tartar. It's a very satisfying feeling and gets them much cleaner than any jewish dentist could :yes:
I use a scaler too once a week, but it's not ultrasonic. The scaler is pretty good on its own, but the floss gets in the part between where the teeth touch each other, and the scaler is too big to fit. The floss can also get everywhere under the gums. I want to try an ultrasonic scaler and see how much better it is than a regular scaler.
if you have a little gum recession then using dental floss becomes really difficult, you can't clean everywhere with it without tearing up your gums and shit, shoving floss under the gumline without hurting anything also seems really autistic and finnicky

i use a few wooden toothpicks to clean everything every night, takes about 30 minutes to do all teeth and all gumlines, top and bottom, front and behind (i have no idea how you use dental floss to clean the back side of each tooth, most likely you just don't bother JFL)

then do oil pulling with coconut oil for about 30 minutes, no alcohol mouth washes or any shit like that as it's useless

doing this every night is pretty much what you need if you are genetically predisposed to calculus and periodontitis, and don't want to visit a dentist every 6 months like the average normie cattle, i am fine going there once every 2-3 years with this setup
I like the feeling of floss between my gums. I also take iodine drops after flossing because the iodine absorbs better. I made a thread about doing it. My gums are hard to make bleed because they're used to flossing.

30 minutes is too long to use a toothpick, flossing only takes a couple minutes. The backside of the teeth have to be scraped with a metal scaler at least once a week.

I like using coconut oil everyday in the morning too, but I only do it for 10-15 minutes. I haven't been to the dentist in over a decade.

I like the feeling of floss between my gums. I also take iodine drops after flossing because the iodine absorbs better. I made a thread about doing it. My gums are hard to make bleed because they're used to flossing.

https://incels.is/threads/iodine-under-tongue-after-flossing.319215/
30 minutes is too long to use a toothpick, flossing only takes a couple minutes. The backside of the teeth have to be scraped with a metal scaler at least once a week.

I like using coconut oil everyday in the morning too, but I only do it for 10-15 minutes. I haven't been to the dentist in over a decade.
geneticsmogs me, my teeth get ruined fast without intense attention, and now i have to take care of all my composite fillings too so i need to check with a dentist once in a while just for them
ngl i did consider getting some tools like that, but i don't know if i can be fucked going to a dental supplies shop and seeing if they sell stuff to me, let alone learn how to use them without hurting myself
i love wooden toothpicks because they reach everywhere, and plaque sticks to them for some reason, making it easy to clean my teeth, i could never get that sticking effect with some other type of floss or pick

For some reason I got a notification about this thread even though I never put it on watch.

I use a scaler too once a week, but it's not ultrasonic. The scaler is pretty good on its own, but the floss gets in the part between where the teeth touch each other, and the scaler is too big to fit. The floss can also get everywhere under the gums. I want to try an ultrasonic scaler and see how much better it is than a regular scaler.
You got any tips if you new to scaler and doing it on your first time? Every one is saying to avoid doing it on your own

I already got them scaled recently at dentist but wanted to know for the future! I didn't realize you can do it on your own

I floss when something gets stuck, and I have had my teeth last me till today (age 38) with no real problem, though I am having some mild pain and needed a re-binding of an old filling a year ago. Also I have one tooth missing which had a cavity that was 9 years ago. It wasn't a tooth that's visible when smiling, and the dentist who was a straight forward guy told me that either root canals (several) or he pulls the rotting tooth and it never spreads. I chose pull and I have never had a problem since.

But I think no I will begin flossing more often. :feelsthink:

You got any tips if you new to scaler and doing it on your first time? Every one is saying to avoid doing it on your own

I already got them scaled recently at dentist but wanted to know for the future! I didn't realize you can do it on your own
You can use it really easily, I never scraped my teeth from it, but try not to scrape the plaque too hard, just enough to lift it off. You should also do it in front of a mirror so you can see where the plaque is on the front and back and even top of your teeth.
I floss when something gets stuck, and I have had my teeth last me till today (age 38) with no real problem, though I am having some mild pain and needed a re-binding of an old filling a year ago. Also I have one tooth missing which had a cavity that was 9 years ago. It wasn't a tooth that's visible when smiling, and the dentist who was a straight forward guy told me that either root canals (several) or he pulls the rotting tooth and it never spreads. I chose pull and I have never had a problem since.

But I think no I will begin flossing more often. :feelsthink:
Based you can go that long without flossing. After I eat anything stuff gets stuck in my teeth. I think it's because my teeth are very close to each other, if there was some more room between them most the food that gets stuck would come out with only brushing.

i never floss. only really matters if you plan on living a long life and i dont think i'm gonna around for much longer.

last time i did (2years ago or more) just because I saw some lying around, after i was done the string smelled worse than my shit.

i never floss. only really matters if you plan on living a long life and i dont think i'm gonna around for much longer.

last time i did (2years ago or more) just because I saw some lying around, after i was done the string smelled worse than my shit.
That sucks, I hope you find the motivation to start looking after yourself more.

Based you can go that long without flossing. After I eat anything stuff gets stuck in my teeth. I think it's because my teeth are very close to each other, if there was some more room between them most the food that gets stuck would come out with only brushing.
Haha. No that happens to everyone. Also depends what you eat. Meat and fruit is easier to get out with a brush.

I do have teeth pain now but it's only just started. Easily controlled with NSAIDs

Dentists will tell you to do WAY more than necessary when your younger, they always want you to spend mor money than needed.

I've never flossed in my life, it's a disgusting practice and a jewish lie.
Not just a Jew lie man. Dentists (no matter what religious background) lie about that shit to get your money. You got to manage them.

I've never flossed and I only brush my teeth once a day.

Twice a week. :feelsjuice:

Why the fuck would you floss? I don't think you're supposed to have gap in between the teeth:feelswhat:

Why the fuck would you floss? I don't think you're supposed to have gap in between the teeth:feelswhat:
It's easier to keep the tooth gap clean with a brush if it isn't too close, and food will be harder to stick in.

Floss, if food gets stuck. Otherwise, no.

Yes every day