Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion how do you react to seeing couples in media?

shii410

shii410

I'm not black I'm O. J.
★★★★★
shit like "coming of age" hollywood movies about teens experiencing love, sex, romance etc for the first time are physically painful for me to watch, especially since I'm still in that age range and KHHV. almost any mention of young couples is very emotionally distressing for me. everything in the teen romance/romcom genre is extremely toxic tbh

overall though I think it depends on the context. sometimes romantic stories can be pretty cute and soothing to watch. ex:

I can't watch PDA without tearing up and twitching.

88BEE242 5C7B 44A7 9324 32EB4C27EBD7

Like this ^

Yeah I can like some anime couples and think they’re pretty cute. It’s also suifuel though

If it's kissing/sex in something live action, I usually just stop watching it ngl. I'm trying to reduce my thoughts of this nature, not increase them, so I'm not going to watch anything which could potentially sabotage me. In anime or manga it depends entirely on the context. I often avoid stuff with a heavy focus on romance within a highschool setting, unless it specifically appeals to me for another reason.

Being reminded of bad memories isn't something that I enjoy, and yeah that can be physically painful for me sometimes too.

I can't watch PDA without tearing up and twitching.

Same. If I see PDA I clench my asshole and I have to look away, hide my tears, because it's the devil constantly reminding me of something I will NEVER attain in my life.

What's worse is seeing young couples where the girl mogs the guy but the girl is too young to know she can get chad

Its potent suifuel. My heart aches for that. I was reading Lookism recently and watching Zack and Mira made be flinch. I want to experience that too.

Last edited:
I ignore them.

If you don't watch you don't have to see it. TV and Netflix rot your brain anyway.

I don't watch any media with them besides horror. :feelsEhh:

honestly seeing it in video games and tv isn't that bad.

in real life though it's suifuel

I don’t give a f when it’s on a game, but when its in real life I get enraged and want to go on a rampage against the scums who contribute to hypergamy.

Don't feel anything

I don't watch teenage crap

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back