Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

SuicideFuel How do you exit a depressive state?

Nanoventor

Nanoventor

SONGUN
★★★★★
I haven't done anything all summer, still khhdv, have no friends and the like. There's rarely any opportunity to do anything other than tame part in meaningless hobbies like video gaming or watching tv and I feel pretty sad. My mother isn't much support either, she'll just hit me with the "just be confident and get a gf:foidSoy:" when that's not how it works anymore

i haven't done anything in all the summers of my life, if you can go out with a friend do it, if you are forced to cope find an hobby like drawing or shit

I WENT OUTSIDE AND I KEPT REPEATING WHISPERING DEATHSENTENCE

Jogging
Meditating
Reducing extreme stimuli that leads to downregulation of dopamine receptors

Well, how do I do that?
Steven Pope on LinkedIn: How does a seller keep SFP and not ship on the  weekends? That's the neat…

I haven't done anything all summer, still khhdv, have no friends and the like. There's rarely any opportunity to do anything other than tame part in meaningless hobbies like video gaming or watching tv and I feel pretty sad. My mother isn't much support either, she'll just hit me with the "just be confident and get a gf:foidSoy:" when that's not how it works anymore
just fart and smell it

I haven't done anything all summer, still khhdv, have no friends and the like.
Why not? Have you tried to join a club, volunteer, or go somewhere you can meet people? If so, have you actually tried socializing?

It will never happen, sorry.

Getting a gf or going ER

Moneymaxxing

Exiting a depressive state can be challenging, but there are several strategies that can help. Here are some effective approaches, based on psychological research and expert advice:

1. Seek Professional Help:
    • Therapy: Talking to a therapist can help you understand and manage your feelings. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) is particularly effective for treating depression .
    • Medication: A psychiatrist can prescribe medication if it's deemed necessary for your situation .
  2. Build a Support Network:
    • Talk to Friends and Family: Sharing your feelings with trusted friends or family members can provide emotional support and reduce feelings of isolation .
    • Support Groups: Joining a support group can connect you with others who understand what you're going through and provide mutual support .
  3. Engage in Physical Activity:
    • Exercise: Regular physical activity has been shown to reduce symptoms of depression. Aim for at least 30 minutes of exercise most days of the week .
  4. Develop Healthy Habits:
    • Sleep: Ensure you get enough sleep and maintain a regular sleep schedule. Poor sleep can exacerbate depression .
    • Diet: Eating a balanced diet rich in fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, and whole grains can impact your mood positively (YouTube).
  5. Practice Mindfulness and Relaxation:
    • Mindfulness Meditation: Practicing mindfulness can help you stay present and reduce negative thinking patterns (Internet Archive).
    • Relaxation Techniques: Techniques such as deep breathing, progressive muscle relaxation, and yoga can help reduce stress and improve mood .
  6. Set Small Goals:
    • Daily Goals: Setting small, achievable goals can give you a sense of accomplishment and control .
    • Routine: Establishing a daily routine can provide structure and predictability, which can be comforting during depressive episodes .
  7. Avoid Alcohol and Drugs:
    • Substance Avoidance: Alcohol and recreational drugs can worsen depression and interfere with your treatment .
  8. Engage in Activities You Enjoy:
    • Hobbies: Doing activities you once enjoyed, even if they don't seem appealing at the moment, can help lift your mood gradually .
  9. Challenge Negative Thoughts:
  10. Consider Alternative Therapies:
If you're struggling with severe depression, it's crucial to reach out for help immediately. In cases of crisis, contact a mental health professional, call a crisis hotline, or go to the nearest emergency room.

You're asking the wrong people, I'm in the same situation and have no idea.

i wish i could help you with that but not even i know

I didn't exit therefore I'm here