Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

How do you cope when the only friend you care about replaces you with new friends?

A

AlexanderR97

Recruit
★★
My best friend and I did everything together now he found a new group to hang out with and he seems way more interested in them than me. He was actually keeping me sane for about 2 years since I finally had somebody to talk to... Not Anymore... Even when we hang out hes texting them and shit so it depresses me that im being replaced If your best friend can't even be loyal to you then what are the chances of a girl being loyal to me when she can just replace me with a newer hotter guy... Top tier Suicide Fuel tbh.

Ever since I've been replaced ive been feeling the worst ive ever felt in my life. At least before we met I didnt know how it was like to have a friend like that but now that its been taken away I feel awful.

Even when we hang out hes texting them
That's utterly disrespectful. Cut contact immediately.

I lost three friends this way. It was always me who had to contact them. Once I realized that I stopped it and - surprise! They didn't give a shit and I've been practically dumped. If they stop showing interest in you, hanging out with you or texting you then it's already over. They found "better" friends to hang out with.

By understanding that friends are meaningless cope and serve no real purpose. Did your friends ever really.help you in any real way other than giving you "emotional support" which is useless anyways.

LonelyButterfly said:
That's utterly disrespectful. Cut contact immediately.

I lost three friends this way. It was always me who had to contact them. Once I realized that I stopped it and - surprise! They didn't give a shit and I've been practically dumped. If they stop showing interest in you, hanging out with you or texting you then it's already over. They found "better" friends to hang out with.

Yeah... I went 3 weeks without talking to him before yesterday and when we finally hung out he seemed so uninterested in me. I think its time to pull the plug on this friendship. But now im left with nobody which might be worse but whatever I guess its better than being "a second choice"

I just let people make friends with me instead of me actively searching for new friends. If they are the ones that wanted to be friends in the first place, then the chances of them abandoning you are slimmer, maybe. I don't know I don't have many friends but quality>quantity I guess.

Kointo said:
I just let people make friends with me instead of me actively searching for new friends. If they are the ones that wanted to be friends in the first place, then the chances of them abandoning you are slimmer, maybe. I don't know I don't have many friends but quality>quantity I guess.

Same here. 

And even if they abandon you,who cares really,easy come easy go.

Kointo said:
Yeah we were super close for like 2 years and he was the one who initiated the friendship but ever since he found this new group hes been shutting me out. And im in the worst mental state ive ever been in my life atm

LanaDelRey said:
By understanding that friends are meaningless cope and serve no real purpose. Did your friends ever really.help you in any real way other than giving you "emotional support" which is useless anyways.
I guess you are right. However it was the best feeling in the world to have somebody in my life that finally cared. Never had a gf so I don't know how that would feel maybe ignorance is bliss afterall.

mental_out said:
back to the usual vidya and lets plays
god... I don't even want to go back.... I actually was able to stop my addiction but now I might start again tbh

AlexanderR97 said:
I guess you are right. However it was the best feeling in the world to have somebody in my life that finally cared. Never had a gf so I don't know how that would feel maybe ignorance is bliss afterall.

god... I don't even want to go back.... I actually was able to stop my addiction but now I might start again tbh

You are looking at him as your gf/bf not as a friend which is why you are having these issues.

LanaDelRey said:
AlexanderR97 said:

You are looking at him as your gf/bf not as a friend which is why you are having these issues.

Damn am I that desperate for companionship... maybe you are right :/

AlexanderR97 said:
it depresses me that im being replaced If your best friend can't even be loyal to you then what are the chances of a girl being loyal to me 

What would you expect him to do in order to stay loyal in this case?

AngelOfDisease said:
AlexanderR97 said:
it depresses me that im being replaced If your best friend can't even be loyal to you then what are the chances of a girl being loyal to me
What would you expect him to do in order to stay loyal in this case?
Basically prioritize me and not make me feel like a 2nd option.

AlexanderR97 said:

Does he invite you to hang out with his new friends?

AngelOfDisease said:
AlexanderR97 said:
Does he invite you to hang out with his new friends?
Only if we had plans first and feels bad about cancelling so he just invites me along.