Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion How do I deal with unemployment and wageslaving?

HowCanSheSlap

HowCanSheSlap

Banned
-
It's been 2.5 years since I completed my MA. I went to a fairly decent uni and yes, I did do a 'liberal arts' postgrad and undergrad, but still - I feel I've got the short end of the stick. My grades were good, my work experience was lacking, but I've only ever had temporary jobs and part time work in those two years. I can't even apply to McDonalds because I lack the relevant work experience and seen as too 'overqualified' in any case. I can't apply for jobs in my field because again I 'lack relevant' experience and well.... I'm not pleasant to look at. I want a job involving communications and research - I have slight experience after nearly two years on and off in both. But now I fear I'm seen as 'too old' to apply for these roles.

All of my classmates have graduated and got a permanent job by now. Some are in senior positions and could probably be looking at my applications if I apply for their company. I'm the only one who has been unemployed for 2+ years, only doing part time and casual work. Not bragging but usually I was one of the smartest ones in my classes. I've been to interviews - I do well in them as well (I'm not socially awkward), but I still never make the cut. I later look on the linkedin pages of those who have got the job and I education mog them and/or experience mog them as well - so I really don't understand. It's got to the point where I've given up. I know it's a competitive job market, but I've applied over 250+ jobs, had probably 6-7 interviews and got nothing. I can carry on until I hit the jackpot, but wagecucking in a factory all this time would've served me better. It takes me hours to research a company, match my experience with the job spec, write a tailored cover letter and update my CV, all for what? So they can chuck it in the bin or press 'delete' when they receive my email (I have a weird name). I put in all that effort, sometimes spending days on a cover letter and 90% of the applications I send receive no reply.

It's sad. I was seen as the 'smart one' in my friend group. My family and friends had high expectations of me. Now I get nothing but verbal abuse (from family) and people looking down on me for working as a waiter with an MA degree, even my co-workers. Tbh I too, I'm embarrassed and ashamed of myself. I bought into this semi-myth that hard work pays off and you ill be rewarded for your effort. All those all-nighters spent in the library, stressful exams which I memorised a shit-ton of quotes for, writing essays which probably total over 200,000 words. All for nothing.

If I was tall, white, had a posh accent, middle/upper class, had good connections and social networks most of my 'effort' would've been cut out.

Muh ‘liberal arts’

Look for something that you don't have to deal with HR shit to get in. Where I live only public jobs are like this.