Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

It's Over How can you possibly recover from a lifetime of social isolation?

NegroKing

NegroKing

Mobster
-
Not having any friends in your formative years as well being bullied, spending all your weekends and summers alone by yourself for several years...how can you come back from that? You are so screwed in terms of job opportunities, connections, relationships, etc.

If you are fucked you cannot attempts to make friends in my past 2 years of Uni as a 5’4 curry did not work

Can’t even work a minimum wage job because I have no references to use since I know literally no one. No teacher recognizes me it’s hell, have to work an under the table job like peeling and packing bananas (was about to do this in high school but I had surgery on my left eyelid)

you cant

you can improve but never be healthy and even improving will be exhausting and constant work

you pretty much can't, working your way into established social circles is almost impossible

Its over for me

Real talk, I simply don't think its possible.

Yeah, I mean I'm not even trying to be edgy or nothing - it's really just not going to work.

Social skills are actually pretty complicated, and you'll need lots of practice to become even acceptable with them. But people won't want to be around you because your social skills suck, thus you can't practice, thus you can't improve. Wut a paradox. :p

you pretty much can't, working your way into established social circles is almost impossible

I think it’s pretty hard to recover but this is not true

I was FA for couple years and still managed to get through a social circle

You have to NTmaxxx and make an effort to befriend normies or you’re gonna rot

Depression/Isolation literally deteriorates intelligence. There is no coming back.

Yeah, I mean I'm not even trying to be edgy or nothing - it's really just not going to work.

Social skills are actually pretty complicated, and you'll need lots of practice to become even acceptable with them. But people won't want to be around you because your social skills suck, thus you can't practice, thus you can't improve. Wut a paradox. :p

In particular, the TYPE of social skills required to integrate with cool social circles are hard to attain. The amogging skills, the banter, the non-verbal ques. Its a finely tuned system that can only be produced via tsunami of validation in formative years.

Not possible. Lookmaxx all you want but it's over if you have no contacts.

A catch 22. Life is hell.

you can't.

your formative years determine who you are. its why "class exists". its the way you were born and brought up. you cant buy that. i

You actually can, using the "adult route": joining clubs, societies, church groups, etc.

Just don't look desperate, and strangely enough, you'll have a chance at establishing friendships.

But of course, if you haven't looxmaxxed by now, the same causes will lead to the same effects. You'll fail in the adult world of friendship in the same way that you failed in the teenage world of friendship. Adults are usually less superficial, it's more about you and your hang-ups/self-consciousness.