Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LDAR How can copes when LDAR:ing be anything but suifuel?

thePhantom

thePhantom

Gold-hatted, high-bouncing loser
★★★★
I'm thinking the classical copes such as games and TV-series. All games and series are about some romantically or otherwise successful protagonist. I'm so tired of life that I consider LDAR, but when I try to picture myself gaming and looking at TV-series all day I just see a bunch of reminders of lives that I will never live. Pure torture. This will be a worse problem with some genres than others obviously, but I think it would ruin it for me. How do you cope?

I'm thinking the classical copes such as games and TV-series. All games and series are about some romantically or otherwise successful protagonist. I'm so tired of life that I consider LDAR, but when I try to picture myself gaming and looking at TV-series all day I just see a bunch of reminders of lives that I will never live. Pure torture. This will be a worse problem with some genres than others obviously, but I think it would ruin it for me. How do you cope?
I turn my computer off and do the things that motivational preachers tell people to do. I pretend everything is fine and live as if I have a happy life. Then I remember I don't have that and I come here to whine. Both of them count as cope, I believe.

Depersonalization, at least for me. I already feel like I’m a robot. When I play a video game, I actually can become the protagonist in the game, at least mentally.

That’s why video games are one of my best copes.

So true. All of my copes are infected. I don't cope... I regress and have to constantly reevaluate where I can be safe from this shit.

Copes don't exist imo, at least those that don't destroy you

Oh, yes, and the next time you watch a series with people who fall in love and are happy, compare them with your friends and their monumentally fucked up love lifes and realise that the series are selling a dream, not an image of what reality is like.

No matter how much I bleed inside from lonliness, I must say that people who live together are incredibly unhappy or just really pathetic.

Copes don't exist imo, at least those that don't destroy you

Yep. It’s just alluding the fact that you at least have some hope to grasp onto. It’s over before it even began, best thing to do is LDAR.

Nah there are many animes and regular movies/tv-shows that aren't about love or even have any major character experiencing any romance. Just stay away from the normie shows and you're fine.

Nah there are many animes and regular movies/tv-shows that aren't about love or even have any major character experiencing any romance. Just stay away from the normie shows and you're fine.
Even so they will typically contain an adventurous protagonist living a fulfilling life far from the LDAR one.

Anime and game
But suicidefuel is everywhere, life is suicidefuel

Yep. It’s just alluding the fact that you at least have some hope to grasp onto. It’s over before it even began, best thing to do is LDAR.
True, nothing left in the world, best to just LDAR