Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Brutal Houellebecq's teen love pill

subhuman

subhuman

Fuck it, we ball
★★★★★
...adolescence is not only an important period in life, but that it is the only period where one may speak of life in the full sense of the word. The attractile drives are unleashed around the age of thirteen, after which they gradually diminish, or rather they are resolved in models of behaviour which are, after all, only constrained forces. The violence of the initial explosion means that the outcome of the conflict may remain uncertain for years; this is what is called a transitory regime in electrodynamics. But little by little the oscillations become slower, to the point of resolving themselves in mild and melancholic long waves; from this moment on all is decided, and life is nothing more than a preparation for death. This can be expressed in a more brutal and less exact way by saying that man is a diminished adolescent.
Veronique belonged, as we all do, to a sacrificed generation. She had certainly been capable of love; she would have wished to still be capable of it ... but it was no longer possible. A scarce, artificial and belated phenomenon, love can only blossom under certain mental conditions, rarely conjoined, and totally opposed to the freedom of morals which characterizes the modern era. Veronique had known too many discotheques, too many lovers; such a way of life impoverishes a human being, inflicting sometimes serious and always irreversible damage. Love as a kind of innocence ... as an aptitude for epitomizing the whole of the other sex in a single loved being rarely resists a year of sexual immorality, and never two.... Extremely quickly, one becomes as capable of love as an old slag. And so one leads, obviously, a slag's life.... All that remains is resentment and disgust, sickness and the anticipation of death.
thoughts? Also, JFL if you still think you can find love if you are no longer a teenager. If love even exists, it's beyond everyone but high schoolers.

i reread it multiple times to try and understand the literature. to summarise what i understand, houellebecq says the purest & truest love can only be experienced in adolescence as it is during adolescence that all experiences are new, bursting with novelty & life. such behaviours have yet to be realised by the individual through categorisation & explanation by models, which would tarnish the novelty & purity of love. i think the analogy of slowing oscillations is pretty nice. he then writes about this girl veronique. i don't understand this part "love can only blossom under certain mental conditions, rarely conjoined, and totally opposed to the freedom of morals which characterizes the modern era." no matter how many times i read it i don't get the meaning here haha someone pls explain. houellebecq says the girl has visited to many discos, met too many lovers, thus diminishing the value & novelty of love.

resource acquisition kicks in after high school, people transition into adulthood, romantic love becomes a natural selection game. but i think two high rank blue pillers who date can experience their own form of love that's special to them. the more blackpilled you are, the less wonder love has. i think it's valid to say that if you can experience love from the chemical reactions due to lust, attraction, attachment, it's as good as the real thing for love. i think it's important to also consider stuff like how female promiscuity negatively affects pair bonding which affects the ability to form close sexual relationships, which makes love less meaningful. but i think love is real as long as the reactions are happening inside your brain, coz i assume adolescents in love experience the same reactions too

Last edited:
Platform

Michel Houellebecq's Platform isn't as sadistic and nerve-racking as his Atomised , but the book's a good read.
did you read them both ?

The purest & truest love can only be experienced in adolescence as it is during adolescence that all experiences are new, bursting with novelty & life. such behaviours have yet to be realised by the individual through categorisation & explanation by models, which would tarnish the novelty & purity of love.

The universe is an old decrepit entity who constantly creates new life as being observed by fresh and naive eyes is the only way to feel young again.