Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Historycels: what's your favourite handheld weapon and why?

Dr. Dicklet

Dr. Dicklet

Simps are the disease....and I am the cure
★★★★
I like the roman mainz gladius, for it's superiority in close combat, and fact it was used for hundreds of years in countless battles and never really changed (showing how effective the design was)

The halberd, easily one of the best melee weapons ever invented. It's basically a more robust and versatile spear, although harder to use effectively.

The halberd, easily one of the best melee weapons ever invented. It's basically a more robust and versatile spear, although harder to use effectively.
Good choice, it has that iconic silhouette on the battlefield and I imagine it's highly effective against plate amour

Flail; it has flair

revolvers tho i must admit i like rapiers, sabers and katanas

Oooh, only one?

I can't.
My favs are daggers (primitive to Fairbairn-Sykes), axes, gladius, katana.

I do really like jungle swords / machetes - primitive but effective.

I have a collection of fighting knives, as well as a custom axe and a custom jungle knife.
I have a license for these (knife collector).

90A6067B A484 4BFE 9069 0CC9FF3DB2D9

The dragon skimmy since I’m an OSRScel

Good choice, it has that iconic silhouette on the battlefield and I imagine it's highly effective against plate amour
Yeah it's a very iconic weapon. Pretty good vs cavalry and it could cut down plate armour too. If I had to pick a weapon to fight vs armored cavalry I would pick it no doubt.
Range is such an overpowered stat to have on a melee weapon, add to the versatility the polearms offered and we have a no brainer for melee fights.

Oooh, only one?

I can't.
My favs are daggers (primitive to Fairbairn-Sykes), axes, gladius, katana.

I do really like jungle swords / machetes - primitive but effective.

I have a collection of fighting knives, as well as a custom axe and a custom jungle knife.
I have a license for these (knife collector).
That's pretty cool same here, I have over 50 knifes/swords now. Why the license though lol? What country are you in, that's insane
Aye, but which one laddie

Yeah it's a very iconic weapon. Pretty good vs cavalry and it could cut down plate armour too. If I had to pick a weapon to fight vs armored cavalry I would pick it no doubt.
Range is such an overpowered stat to have on a melee weapon, add to the versatility the polearms offered and we have a no brainer for melee fights.
Check out the ancient Chinese 'ji'.
Low tec anti-cavalry.
Pull people off horses.

That's pretty cool same here, I have over 50 knifes/swords now. Why the license though lol? What country are you in, that's insane
My knives are in Chadstralia.
I live in between a couple of countries. My home in East Asia prohibits fighting knives.

Check out the ancient Chinese 'ji'.
Low tec anti-cavalry.
Pull people off horses.
Yeah looks very good. Any weapon that has a lot of range, a pointy end and some other shape around the tip is just good.

My knives are in Chadstralia.
I live in between a couple of countries. My home in East Asia prohibits fighting knives.
That's surprising, I always imagined east asia would have relaxed laws and tons of street stalls selling knives and shit.

Yeah looks very good. Any weapon that has a lot of range, a pointy end and some other shape around the tip is just good.
If it was a Greek citizen soldier situation I'd bring a polearm, shield, short sword and daggers.
I'm not a good archer.
That's surprising, I always imagined east asia would have relaxed laws and tons of street stalls selling knives and shit.
Unfortunately not.
And all the spree stabbers over there have largely used kitchen knives of some description.

Guisearm. No need to worry about someone if they can't even get close to you and your badass chopping pole.

The longbow. English longbowmen regularly made short work of the enemy with them.

A mace with spikes, if I had one I’d call it “The Foid Punished” pretty cool name tbh

Classic battle axes

I like the roman mainz gladius, for it's superiority in close combat, and fact it was used for hundreds of years in countless battles and never really changed (showing how effective the design was)
Spanish rapier cause looks sexy like a katana while being more useful.

A vial of brain eating amoebas

VGH... the Gewehr 98...
@HidekiTojota
Gewehr 98 noBG

I like bows tbh, and draggers

The AK47

mandkinds greatest achievement brought to you by Russian moggers

Maces with spikes at the end of them, because sometimes you just need to bludgeon people to death.

They're simple to make and craft, readily accessible.

On a historic note, clubs were probably the first weapons to be invented from our more primitive primate based origins. Virtually every ancient culture on earth has their variation of this simplistic melee weapon. It was the precursor to later swords and axes.

Last edited:
Any kind of mace or axe that is easy to carry.

Pre-firearm:

Melee: I like the spear, but the sword is better overall. A skilled spearman could make life difficult for a swordsman, but they both usually carry shields. Once the swordsman pushes inside the spearman's range, it's over.

Ranged: The recurve longbow. Insane accurate range and you didn't need to be very strong to wield it, unlike the longbow.

Post-firearm:

Melee: Russian AK-47/74 standard issue bayonet. Some of the best modern combat steel I've ever seen.

Ranged: That's not an easy one to answer. It depends on your caliber and platform. Most of the time the AK-47 wins, simply because of it's larger caliber and the fact that the weapon shoots in any condition - drowned in sand even. It has paralleled functional durability; you still need to clean it eventually, however. Its biggest problem is its effective accuracy.

Pre-firearm:

Melee: I like the spear, but the sword is better overall. A skilled spearman could make life difficult for a swordsman, but they both usually carry shields. Once the swordsman pushes inside the spearman's range, it's over.

Ranged: The recurve longbow. Insane accurate range and you didn't need to be very strong to wield it, unlike the longbow.

Post-firearm:

Melee: Russian AK-47/74 standard issue bayonet. Some of the best modern combat steel I've ever seen.

Ranged: That's not an easy one to answer. It depends on your caliber and platform. Most of the time the AK-47 wins, simply because of it's larger caliber and the fact that the weapon shoots in any condition - drowned in sand even. It has paralleled functional durability; you still need to clean it eventually, however. Its biggest problem is its effective accuracy.
I agree, the AK47 is undeniably iconic, but technically has been surpassed by most modern ARs like the HK433, mainly due to better ammunition. My favorites firearm has to be the 50cal kentucky long rifle because it's beautiful, closely followed by the yellowboy and peace maker. Yep I like Westerns.

S&W Model 10. It is one of the best , if not the best, 38 Special revolver ever made.

Attachments

• Joker-423.jpg
    Joker-423.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    315 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Sig Sauer P226 9mm. ER duel-wielded these in his retribution.

Probably a warhammer. As an average guy using one of these you would be able to disable a knight in full armour and the spiked end can also act as a spear. It's also good against cavalry.