Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Story Here’s what Todd Thundercock, Emba and myself did as young Gen Xers when we got home from school in the afternoon.

That "I respect you, bookerman!" angle with Pillman is one that still confuses me what the hell happened today.
I think it was about his anger at both Eric Bischoff and his at the time booker in WCW Kevin Sullivan.

Both Pillman and his real life best friend and former tag team partner Stone Cold Steve Austin both had problems with Bischoff as we both know but yeah I think Pillman was pissed that Sullivan was booking him wrong to do shitty boring shit that Pillman knew wasn’t going to be good for his career moving forward hence his move to ECW then the WWF.

I think it was about his anger at both Eric Bischoff and his at the time booker in WCW Kevin Sullivan.

Both Pillman and his real life best friend and former tag team partner Stone Cold Steve Austin both had problems with Bischoff as we both know but yeah I think Pillman was pissed that Sullivan was booking him wrong to do shitty boring shit that Pillman knew wasn’t going to be good for his career moving forward hence his move to ECW then the WWF.
Bischoff and Sullivan both say it was a work. Pillman wanted more money, but they didn't know what to do with Brian as he was kinda fat and not the best at the time. So, the supposed plan was to send him to ECW, build up the Loose Cannon character, and bring him back. None of this makes any sense, but whatever. Pillman eventually gets released by WCW, and WWE with JR as their talent guy then immediately scoops him up.

Where it gets really stupid is Bischoff instructed all of this be hidden from the boys, because as we know now from his podcasts, Bischoff is schizo paranoid retarded about Meltzer and the dirt sheets. Pillman was friends with Meltzer, reasonable to believe he's someone that was spilling info. All of this may have been a fuck you to Meltzer and company. Hogan burned an Observer sheet at a PPV, which is bananas as .00001% of fans understood any of this in 1996 and half the crowd probably thought wrestling was real.

God, I miss WCW.

I can relate even though I'm a boomer

My wife would binge listen to the Elvis Presley

Bischoff and Sullivan both say it was a work. Pillman wanted more money, but they didn't know what to do with Brian as he was kinda fat and not the best at the time. So, the supposed plan was to send him to ECW, build up the Loose Cannon character, and bring him back. None of this makes any sense, but whatever. Pillman eventually gets released by WCW, and WWE with JR as their talent guy then immediately scoops him up.

Where it gets really stupid is Bischoff instructed all of this be hidden from the boys, because as we know now from his podcasts, Bischoff is schizo paranoid retarded about Meltzer and the dirt sheets. Pillman was friends with Meltzer, reasonable to believe he's someone that was spilling info. All of this may have been a fuck you to Meltzer and company. Hogan burned an Observer sheet at a PPV, which is bananas as .00001% of fans understood any of this in 1996 and half the crowd probably thought wrestling was real.

God, I miss WCW.
Yeah the loose cannon thing was a complete work but Brian did such a good job with it he had the majority of the boys fooled into thinking he was actually crazy and he almost could have rehospitalized Bobby Heenan who he grabbed by the neck at one point I believe on live TV after he’d just had neck surgery prompting Heenan to scream “what the fuck are you doing?!” lmao!

(In his defense Brian supposedly didn’t know about Bobby’s recent surgery at the time)

He and Steve Austin would constantly talk during the long car rides in between shows how best to get over and manipulate the crowd’s emotions or masturbate them as Jake Roberts has said hahaha.

Anyway most dumbass smart marks and zoomer know it alls of the pro wrestling fan variety don’t even realize that Pillman and Austin both based their characters off of Woody Harrelson’s character from the movie Natural Born Killers.

Even early promo packages of Stone Cold Steve Austin showed him briefly wearing red tinted sunglasses like the “Mickey” character played by Harrelson.

Even Brian Pillman had a photography promo package where he is wearing a special cool looking pair of unique sunglasses that may have been either exact replicas from the film or inspired by it.

That said though they crafted their reckless and provocative antihero personas using that film as their main overriding inspiration.

View: https://youtu.be/sCiAYmhJJ70?si=N0DNOU1_ZHKailw9

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back