Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Story Helping a boomer with an engineering degree use the computer

Chevalier

Chevalier

Recruit
★★★★
@Transcended Trucel

So while wageslaving I was helping some boomer at the uni computer lab and it was literally like helping a retard...said he needed to use a computer to apply for jobs despite being 70

he asked why he could only see the university homepage and not get onto the "internet"...he told me it wasn't working

"I need the internet to search for jobs but your internet isn't working! I want to use Google but all I see is this page!"
Well just go on Google and you can begin your job search that way...
How do I do that??
Guess you'd type in google.com in the browser
Where's that? Here?? here?? (points arounds the screen)
(After I point directly on the address bar and tell him to go here several times...)
Oh there it is!

5 minutes later he comes back....

Hey I have my resume on my phone! in gmail! how do I get it on the computer to apply for jobs??
well you could log into your gmail account on the computer and download your resume...
But it's on my phone! gmail is on my phone!
yes...but you could also log into gmail on the computer
How do I do that?? It's on my phone!! :fuk::fuk::fuk::fuk:
(After logging into gmail and resetting his pw cause he forgot it)
Check out my resume kid! You see that! Engineering degree in 1976! So many references too! This one says I'm like a "diamond in the desert" But they never wanna call me back! I'm 70 and they don't wanna pay me for my experience! Never get any call backs! Age discrimination I tell ya!
By the way young man you're really good with this computer stuff...you should be a computer expert! :feelshaha:

Then it hits me: I'm helping out a boomer with an engineering degree who made more money than me and had plenty of pussy in his day but doesn't know how to find the address bar or how to log into his email....

and still wants a job of course :feelsclown:

Yeah that is brutal. That's how it is early on. You'll have to tolerate loads of bullshit to make it to a position where you become free of bullshit.

In your case was helping that boomer retard. This is a common problem. Worse imo is that these boomers have been doing office jobs for decades yet never bothered to put even a tiny bit of effort ttowarss understanding how tech has changed.even 10 minures a day for a few months of the boomer checking the email, watching some windows tutorials would've been enough for him to never need to rely on anyone else. But they can't even be bothered to do something that sjmple!

Day of Pillow when?

Just give the manager a firm handshake and tell him you want the job and get 6 figures starting theory.

This boomer can hardly use a computer of course no one wants to hire him.