Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Help! I think im a perfectionist.

ClownCharizard6774

ClownCharizard6774

Banned
-
Look i think I am a perfectionist, ezpecially when im doing those projects I want to do.

When i do the drawings of the concepts for characters my mind thinks that it looks like a toddler drew it and that it looks terrible. For the pitches of the projects, my mind thinks that they are terrible and that itll have a 100% chance of failing.

I can't even stop. How do I stop?

I mean that's a good thing when it comes to drawing. I think most people who draw have the same exact mindset

I mean that's a good thing when it comes to drawing. I think most people who draw have the same exact mindset

It's not good. It makes me think all my work is trash and like a toddled did it.

It's not good. It makes me think all my work is trash and like a toddled did it.
You need to get to the stage where you're at least slighly happy with your work. Get gud. I know it sounds like normie advice but you gotta practice everyday for at least several hours if you wanna see improvements

Just stop bro

You should try lowering your standards

I do not draw, but I am also a perfectionist when it comes to other areas. It is a good thing though, since I rarely do any mistakes because of it.

I have that too.

I do that too. Whenever I draw I always find some small flaws so I erase and redraw, erase and redraw, erase and redraw

you should work on your personnality

Damn that’s brutal man

It doesn't have to stop. You may work on your drawing skills until you'r on a level you like. You may also be a perfectionist or a high judgement person for years. Perfection isn't when there is nothing to remove but when there is nothing to add.
Perfectionism and judging peaks during the teens and later youth. It is seen as something to grow out of but it doesn't have to be if its good and natural.

It doesn't have to stop. You may work on your drawing skills until you'r on a level you like. You may also be a perfectionist or a high judgement person for years. Perfection isn't when there is nothing to remove but when there is nothing to add.
Perfectionism and judging peaks during the teens and later youth. It is seen as something to grow out of but it doesn't have to be if its good and natural.

No no what i mean is by me perfectionism is it makes me feel like all my drawings are trash. Do you want an example?