Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Healthy coping mechanisms

• Thread starter Deleted member 38530
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 38530

Self-banned
-
What constructive activities do you engage in to cope with not having a partner? Like working out, drawing, or playing an instrument for example.

Going into nature (physical exhaustion combined with great views can be cathartic; particularly recommend mountains because you walk through different landscapes while going through it, normally you would have to walk hundreds of kilometers to see such a drastic change in plant/animal life, here you see it within a few minutes)

Learning about nature (you see the world with different eyes afterwards, after a few years of engaging in it you know where/when to expect things you are looking for and you have the feeling of knowing something that most people don't know and see, books for getting introduced to it can be found as PDFs on many platforms like Z-lib, it's easy to start with apps or some basal books, don't trust them 100% though)

Gardenmaxxing (very fulfilling, gives you a duty, something to look forward too and a reason to wake up, gives duty and routine to someone that might otherwise lack these qualities)

Sport (replaces mental with physical pain)

Visiting historical sights or learning about history

Music

I do all of those + foreign language learning, It has helped me in my looksmaxing, charismamaxxing and statusmaxxing strategy I might be able to ascend if I keep improving like this

What constructive activities do you engage in to cope with not having a partner? Like working out, drawing, or playing an instrument for example.
The least harmful form of cope, I think, is religion.

Tbh, it could even be considered a definition of religion: a non-harmful form of cope that can even sometimes have actually beneficial side-effects

Caveat: I am not talking about traditional religion here but of everything that is "religion-like"

Did you have a look at this?

It is a form of historical fiction (from RGS 201 onward). I you like history, you might like it

Last edited:
Going into nature (physical exhaustion combined with great views can be cathartic; particularly recommend mountains because you walk through different landscapes while going through it, normally you would have to walk hundreds of kilometers to see such a drastic change in plant/animal life, here you see it within a few minutes)

Learning about nature (you see the world with different eyes afterwards, after a few years of engaging in it you know where/when to expect things you are looking for and you have the feeling of knowing something that most people don't know and see, books for getting introduced to it can be found as PDFs on many platforms like Z-lib, it's easy to start with apps or some basal books, don't trust them 100% though)

Gardenmaxxing (very fulfilling, gives you a duty, something to look forward too and a reason to wake up, gives duty and routine to someone that might otherwise lack these qualities)

Music
Thanks for the ideas. :feelsYall:

i make fun of glowniggers like op

brother. I love nature and history as well. Engaging in your passions is key. You seem highly intelligent, physically active, and in touch with your true self. Hard to believe you don’t have a girlfriend.

Music
Great stuff brother. I am fascinated by nature and history as well. Engaging in your passions is key. You seem highly intelligent, physically active, and in touch with yourself. Hard to believe men like that find themselves here.

Reading is a great cope
Philosophy books like Nietzsche and Schopenhauer

Fantasizing about anime/manga. I've fantasized about Dragon Ball since I was a young child.

Make things. Or fix things. That chair which has a loose leg that's been bothering you: repair it. The garden you've always wanted to grow food in: create it. You will derive way more fulfillment from such things than if you are sat on a couch all day playing vidya.

Great stuff brother. I am fascinated by nature and history as well. Engaging in your passions is key. You seem highly intelligent, physically active, and in touch with yourself. Hard to believe men like that find themselves here.
Thanks.

Another tip: Programming. Particularly data visualization is the easiest to learn and among the easiest to market.
I would recommend R (with the Ggplot2/Tidyverse-Packages) or Python (with Seaborn/Matplotlib/Pandas).

BlackPillPress made a good thread about other costless programmes (with certificates). There are many offers like that.
And no matter what you do: Unless you are a doctorcel computers are a necessity in almost all STEM (or even unrelated) fields.
For physicists/neurologists particularly Matlab is important, for biologists/statisticians/medical researchers R and others again use other programmes.

Math/programming in general was something I liked to do during studies, it's also unlike many other mental tasks something where success becomes immediately quantifiable via exercises. Learning by doing is here really more important than any theory.

YouTube, cooking, banking, day trading, coin collecting, fintech blockchain and Apple prototype flying car.

Pump It Bitcoin GIF by FullMag

Wall Street Meme GIF

For me, long walks/jogs. I'm talking 1+ hours. You can lose a lot of weight if you do this a couple of times a week. And it gets your mind off of things.

Unhealthy copes = Drugs, alcohol, gambling, video games because they are unproductive.

Thanks.

Another tip: Programming. Particularly data visualization is the easiest to learn and among the easiest to market.
I would recommend R (with the Ggplot2/Tidyverse-Packages) or Python (with Seaborn/Matplotlib/Pandas).

BlackPillPress made a good thread about other costless programmes (with certificates). There are many offers like that.
And no matter what you do: Unless you are a doctorcel computers are a necessity in almost all STEM (or even unrelated) fields.
For physicists/neurologists particularly Matlab is important, for biologists/statisticians/medical researchers R and others again use other programmes.

Math/programming in general was something I liked to do during studies, it's also unlike many other mental tasks something where success becomes immediately quantifiable via exercises. Learning by doing is here really more important than any theory.
Right now I’m studying web design. I’m already pretty fluent in HTML, CSS, and Javascript. I’m currently learning React, a Javascript library. Maybe I should give give data visualization a try though!