Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Have you ever had to force yourself to sleep?

Lame Dude

Lame Dude

Lamest dude that ever lamed.
★★★★
I have trouble sleeping almost every night. Simple solution is generally to stay awake as long as possible, so I end up falling asleep instead of going to sleep. This doesnt always work though.

I could be ridiculously tired, basically sleep drunk, my mind keeps racing, and I still cant sleep.
Had to come up with a solution to deal with such situations.

I basically force myself to 'blur' my thoughts, images dim into blackness, words fade into white noise.
Has anyone else had a similar experience?

just take melatonin. it's fun. sometimes I take like 50mg of melatonin in the middle of the day just because I don't want to be conscious

just take melatonin. it's fun. sometimes I take like 50mg of melatonin in the middle of the day just because I don't want to be conscious
:feelsbadman:
I am not keen on drugs honestly.

I used to stay awake cuz I was afraid of seeing nightmares.

I used to stay awake cuz I was afraid of seeing nightmares.

I havent had dreams for a very long time actually.
I suppose my brain is being merciful.

no. if there's mosquito's or noise outside i wont be able to sleep but usually i can sleep fine

Melatonin has the opposite effect on me

I take 10mg and i get really drowsy and still cant sleep. When I eventually do I wake up after an hour or two

Me. I get bouts of insomnia as well every now and then, it's absolutely annoying but at the same time, I do like it because I get to spend most of the day awake.

Me. I get bouts of insomnia as well every now and then, it's absolutely annoying but at the same time, I do like it because I get to spend most of the day awake.

huh, I like it because I sometimes get to spend all night awake. :feelshaha:

I think I have more problems waking up and getting out of bed than falling asleep.

huh, I like it because I sometimes get to spend all night awake. :feelshaha:
I definitely spend my nights awake for the most part. It's very rare that I will sleep at night. I just meant that if I go to sleep, I will wake up an hour later or three if I am lucky and that leaves me with more time to spend my day.

I think I have more problems waking up and getting out of bed than falling asleep.

It is very much related. What I didnt mention in the first post is that as a result of staying awake as long as possible, my sleep schedule fluctuates as much as 20 hours.
I end up sleeping during the day sometimes. I assume you didnt mean it that way?

Melatonin has the opposite effect on me

I take 10mg and i get really drowsy and still cant sleep. When I eventually do I wake up after an hour or two
everyone has a different tolerance for melatonin tbh. you might be taking too much or too little. you should take your circadian rhythm/the time of day in to account as well

not to be NSFW but I find that jacking off can help you fall asleep really quickly especially after taking melatonin. that combo knocks me out instantly ngl

I listen to no talking asmr or my room fan to help sleep