Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Have you ever been scammed online?

thespanishcel

thespanishcel

Overlord
★★★★★
I've never been tbh, the classic scams of Nigerian prince that wants to give you money or Russian foid that wants to meet you are too obvious and you have to have the IQ of a rock to fail for those but others are very well done and seem convicing, like fake stores with very similar names to real stores, products in the ad very different from reality, etc. In my family sometimes I've helped preventing scams just using common sense like looking for reviews of online stores or checking the e-mail addresses, I remember my dad thought he got an e-mail from his bank but I told him to check the e-mail address and there you could see it was a scammer. I remember once my friend was scammed, he wanted a new phone and bought it on a website where it was like 100€ cheaper than in other stores. It said that they were low in inventory so the phone would take between 14 and 21 days to arrive. Of course phone never came in the mail kek.

Never, you have to be very low IQ or delusional to fall for them.

No, I never do any business online.

Only once when I was a kid on RuneScape for my full rune (g) armour

In Habbo way back in the day. I then used the scam that worked on me on others, so it worked out in the end I guess

I'm not 50 y/o+ and have above a room temperature IQ so no.

I got scammed once trying to buy a sex toy from amazon. But i got a refund.

Never and however does fall for these low iq scams should kill himself.

Been scammed out of $300 in TF2 items by a notable scammer, and I was 15, an idiot, and didn't do my research. I also got scammed out of $120 in CS:GO items, but this time, by a very reputable user of a forum I am on, and it was by the worst possible luck too, because I was the first in a string of people he exit scammed. :feelsUgh:

Last edited:
i've been scammed in person a few times but never online. i think i am just too stupid/lazy to fall for them. im sure i get the same emails as everyone else but i never read them for months at a time so i've literally had emails that say
>MONEY IN 2 DAYS OR WE WILL CUT OFF YOUR INTERNET
a few days pass
>LAST CHANCE TO PAY OR WE CUT OFF YOUR INTERNET
a few months pass since i last check my email and I get another
>MONEY IN 2 DAYS OR WE WILL CUT OFF YOUR INTERNET

so i just never fall for them. I will say one time I did get a message sent to me. my screen froze and I got a popup that asked for money in return for privacy security. i was on a fishy website and i was in the middle of jacking off. i was like 21 at the time. got spooked and quickly turned off the power to my computer and didn't use it for about a week. then i wiped the computer and ever since then i became more aware of what sites I use and the next computer I bought didn't have a camera on it. I think too many people don't realize how often they are being looked at via lens. I say this from semi-experience as I was apart of a Voyeur website that use spyware (think its called RATs or something) and infect computers and then record girls masturbating or showering or urinating and post them for the members to view. my favorites were always the gym or pool cams or log cabin cams. mmmmmm you get some young cuteys in there:feelsLSD:

Searching for a room on Craigslist has become scam after scam after scam. Now, they have the nerve to ask for $10 in Bitcoin, so that they can perform a credit check. Roomster is a scam, stay away from it.