Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Have any supermarkets around where you are gotten really bad recently?

Have any gotten bad?

• Yes, one

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Yes, more than one

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • No, none

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
Hoppipolla

Hoppipolla

hop on jj2
★★★★★
Around here things are mostly OK but one of the UK supermarkets here - Sainsbury's - has just fallen off a cliff, lol

- whole shop feels more dingy/dirty
- aisles are really tall and identical, feels kind of brutalist, lol. they used to be fine
- pharmacy is gone, etc. so the whole place is just like copy/pasted
- tons of security barriers, plastic covid-style screens, stuff like that
- you have to SCAN YOUR RECEIPT in order to exit the self-checkout
- the self-checkout area is tiny!! I felt trapped in a little pen, hunting around for my receipt so I could get out! like herded animals

THAT was the worst shopping experience in any shop of my entire life!

the air is quite heavy in supermarkets now

They didn't have any beef jerky in stock today so a big fail for me.

the air is quite heavy in supermarkets now

Hm do you mean it feels kind of oppressive?

Sainsbury's felt REALLY oppressive, lol

Compared to yeah how light and nice it used to feel. I do think Asda, Waitrose and Marks all seem to be fine. The others I haven't gone in for a while. Poundland I go to a bit and it's fine.

Nay, and hopefully it stays this way.

Normies in the market have gotten more cold and violent. The self checkout doesn't help at all.

I actually mostly go late at night so I don't see all this kind of stuff.

In terms of customer behaviour... it seemed OK but the queue was strangely long for the time of day, I thought.

Other shops I feel like are pretty normal. Not as nice as they used to be but not dystopian, lol

No, I do Deliveroo from the coop a couple times a week, always have what I need.

How is that rich, its a fucking supermarket, and you pay a few pounds extra for delivery

Isn't Deliveroo a lot more expensive than shopping online with the supermarket themselves?

It seemed to be, to me. Maybe it depends on your area and stuff. Also I have a sensitive stomach so I have to be careful what I order/eat so that factors in for me I guess.

How is that rich, its a fucking supermarket, and you pay a few pounds extra for delivery
idk, i just said it cause i got like $2 in my bank account :feelsbadman:

yeah, most of them got really bad during the lockdowns + people here have a really bland taste and get scared of anything that isn't bland af

by now tons of stuff in them is inedible, and anything reasonably good is gone

A lot of empty shelves that just don’t restock and stay empty. I don’t remember ever seeing this before 2020

The shopping experience has deteriorated since the 2010s. Back then it was a joy to go shopping, now it is a chore because you are getting moged by all the retarded prices.

The shopping experience has deteriorated since the 2010s. Back then it was a joy to go shopping, now it is a chore because you are getting moged by all the retarded prices.

Bidenomics, lol

Bidenomics, lol
I'm no amerimutt, but yeah you are right. US foreign policy didn't help the European economy. Like every single fucking decision our leaders made from the very early 2010s onward was a disaster. Grocery prices are living proof of that.

But hey, at least our GDP has risen 3%! :forcedsmile:

I'm no amerimutt, but yeah you are right. US foreign policy didn't help the European economy. Like every single fucking decision our leaders made from the very early 2010s onward was a disaster. Grocery prices are living proof of that.

But hey, at least our GDP has risen 3%! :forcedsmile:

I guess I just jokingly refer to all of it as Bidenomics because it's nearly always leftie politicians behind it all and they're all working together I think. So it may as well be Bidenomics lol

I think we'd all be in a better position financially if we didn't spend our money and time on things like net zero and mass immigration.

That's nice about the GDP though! hehe

I just jokingly refer to all of it as Bidenomics
I see.
I think we'd all be in a better position financially if we didn't spend our money and time on things like net zero and mass immigration.
Yup, even if you support the green bullshit and even if you don't degrowth is much better at solving most modern problems. The west is naturally decreasing its population therefore all the government needs to do is fuck all and the whole "climate crisis", real estate hell and cost of living crises will just solve itself through deflation. But no, politicians are fucked in the head and need infinite growth so that they can line their pockets.