Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Have any of you successfully replaced coping by consuming with creating?

• Thread starter Deleted member 7448
  • Start date
Deleted member 7448

Deleted member 7448

Name is Abdu, live in Laos, born on 24.08.1992.
-
I'm burned out on consuming. Every single possible way of coping by consuming just doesn't work for me anymore, I'm getting no dopamine. And I've been done for years, but I still searched for something to fill the void every day.

Well, now I need to find something to create. To invest in the future, to delay gratification till I build something and am satisfied that way.

Unfortunately I have no interests, otherwise I would've done it long ago. Literally nothing seems worth doing, nothing feels right.
Here's the things that I've actually tried at (but my bar for "trying'" is really low, I give up quickly if I'm not interested and I'm never interested) : Writing (closest but still meh), Drawing (a chicken that's had a stroke draws better than me, been way below my peers when it comes to this since kindergarten), Programming (too ADD to focus on this, mind wanders too much. Also every time that I tried I asked everywhere for ideas for good goals/projects, but nothing felt worth it, felt like a whole lot of effort for no reason. All I could ask myself is "why bother". Also might be too dumb for it but idk, it's probably just the ADD really), Music (too dead inside, too shy to even let my parents hear me play music even though they tried to get me into it several times, very supportive. But I'm shy when it comes to this to an autistic level). Idk there were more things but they don't come to mind atm, just didn't give enough of a shit about them to even memorize them.

So has anyone done this successfully? Have you switched to creating instead of consuming?

I do a mixture of 2 I guess. Video games would be consuming. Art would be creating.

I draw and write. Im pretty good at both tbh. Not Asian level mind you. But pretty good.

Ah, the Yellow Pill.

I don't really find joy in creating. It would have to be in service to another product. I could make fanart, not my own art.

I make videogames that nobody will ever see and will die with me

Ah, the Yellow Pill.

I don't really find joy in creating. It would have to be in service to another product. I could make fanart, not my own art.
Never heard of that term, interesting.
I make videogames that nobody will ever seen and will die with me
Yeah that's why I don't bother with programming. 99.999% of people will never monetize their own projects, barely anybody will ever even look at them.

Yeah that's why I don't bother with programming. 99.999% of people will never monetize their own projects, barely anybody will ever even look at them.
tbh it's a good cope if you want to challenge yourself, but it's kinda depressing how nobody will look at them

I do programming and electronics. But I kinda wax and wane between periods of productivity, and then I'll lose focus and get bored of whatever it is I'm working on. And then I switch projects and end up not really completing anything.

I draw and write. Im pretty good at both tbh. Not Asian level mind you. But pretty good.
You should cook like the armored gorilla from one punch man who has a takoyaki stand

You should cook like the armored gorilla from one punch man who has a takoyaki stand
I do cook. If I didn't know how I wouldn't survive out here in the forest tbh.

Learning how to start was one of the most useful things for me.

Funny Gorilla 2012 03

Work on a professional skill or certification. It'll give you some productive outlet and some hope. Video games damage your mind and make things worse.

Work on a professional skill or certification. It'll give you some productive outlet and some hope. Video games damage your mind and make things worse.
I'm done with uni or any sort of formal training, way done. I dropped out once so I wasted 2 years, but now after I finish this shitty useless piece of shit degree that's worth less than toilet paper, I'll never even think about university again. Any sort of skill that I'll learn will have to be self-taught because words can't despise how much I hate university and how much I think it's a waste of time that doesn't teach you shit and is a very inefficient way of learning.

I do programming and electronics. But I kinda wax and wane between periods of productivity, and then I'll lose focus and get bored of whatever it is I'm working on. And then I switch projects and end up not really completing anything.
I also do electronics as both a hobby and as part of my work. It's a great thing to get into because you can get shit tons of components and breadboards for cheap, and getting dc/ac supplies, a scope, multimeter, and iron to start your lab is only a few hundred dollars for pretty good stuff.

Fwiw the low voltage involved also means you don't have to worry too much about zapping yourself.

Work on a professional skill or certification. It'll give you some productive outlet and some hope.
High IQ but always try & neet first

I'm done with uni or any sort of formal training, way done. I dropped out once so I wasted 2 years, but now after I finish this shitty useless piece of shit degree that's worth less than toilet paper, I'll never even think about university again. Any sort of skill that I'll learn will have to be self-taught because words can't despise how much I hate university and how much I think it's a waste of time that doesn't teach you shit and is a very inefficient way of learning.
If your degree is worth less than shit then you are not done with school or training. I don't know how old you are but do everything you possibly can to climb above the ninth circle of hell that is menial jobs. No one likes school, suck it up for your own good. Go to a technical school for 2 yrs or whatever for automechanics or CNC tech or anything.
High IQ but always try & neet first
Dawg, obviously you have to save your own life but I went to university for something useless and waited until I was almost 30 to go to a technical school for a professional certification. Life changing, recommended for all souls.
Never heard of that term, interesting.

In my opinion people approach programming the wrong way. Pure programmers all want to kill themselves and work in India-style coding sweatshops. But programming as part of an adaptable skillset is great. Everyone talks about python, no one ever talks about VHDL. 500 hours of VHDL plus electronics training will give you far more interesting options than 5,000 hours of high level programming training.

Last edited:
I'm trying. creating something is the biggest lifefuel after ascending

If your degree is worth less than shit then you are not done with school or training. I don't know how old you are but do everything you possibly can to climb above the ninth circle of hell that is menial jobs. No one likes school, suck it up for your own good. Go to a technical school for 2 yrs or whatever for automechanics or CNC tech or anything.

Dawg, obviously you have to save your own life but I went to university for something useless and waited until I was almost 30 to go to a technical school for a professional certification. Life changing, recommended for all souls.

In my opinion people approach programming the wrong way. Pure programmers all want to kill themselves and work in India-style coding sweatshops. But programming as part of an adaptable skillset is great. Everyone talks about python, no one ever talks about VHDL. 500 hours of VHDL plus electronics training will give you far more interesting options than 5,000 hours of high level programming training.
You're perfectly right but I'm beyond done. I'm not going to go over this shit again cause I'm so tired of thinking about it, but I'm just done. Words can't describe how done I am. I'd rather fucking die than go through any of this shit again. Literally dead lying in the gutter, that's what I'd prefer. Of course, I'd rather be dead after bleeding out cause I've been raped with a cactus by a grizzly bear than to work menial jobs, so I guess what I'm saying I'm just done. My brain is done with all this shit, I've checked out. I'm just going through the motions and waiting to die somehow. Ain't gonna kill myself, nah that shit's not for me, just gonna vegetate through life as much as possible. I'm going to have to do those menial jobs soon, but I'll try to turn my brain off as much as possible. A pseudo-lobotomy.

You're perfectly right but I'm beyond done. I'm not going to go over this shit again cause I'm so tired of thinking about it, but I'm just done. Words can't describe how done I am. I'd rather fucking die than go through any of this shit again. Literally dead lying in the gutter, that's what I'd prefer. Of course, I'd rather be dead after bleeding out cause I've been raped with a cactus by a grizzly bear than to work menial jobs, so I guess what I'm saying I'm just done. My brain is done with all this shit, I've checked out. I'm just going through the motions and waiting to die somehow. Ain't gonna kill myself, nah that shit's not for me, just gonna vegetate through life as much as possible. I'm going to have to do those menial jobs soon, but I'll try to turn my brain off as much as possible. A pseudo-lobotomy.
I'm going to belabour the point because despite myself I sort of care, so here goes. You think you're done now, but in five years you'll look back and the time you wasted with your head up your ass will feel like a septic gut wound, but then you'll fold over into the same thinking, and five years later you'll repeat the process. You don't know how bad it can get, how bad it really feels, no one can until they've been there. You're young and you know nothing.

As soon as you make your first solid step, like completing your first assignment analyzing a simple circuit or whatever, getting it in the books, on the record, you'll feel 1% better, and you'll keep feeling better as you carry on. You won't have to drag ass for the whole two years or whatever, you can experience a psychological restoration as you demonstrate worthy behaviour to yourself by getting trained.

Get a skill and you won't ever be a loser, someone somewhere will need you. All the barriers you're putting up are nonsense speculation built from raw ignorance. Stop being a baby, do the work, pick a professional path at random if it comes to it, just turn the wheel.

Hell isn't like a lobotomy or a death of the soul, it's like two wild dogs eating your living brain forever. DO NOT GO THERE.

Last edited:
no cause i'm retarded.