Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Halloween is the most depressing holiday

I kinda like halloween since when i was younger i was happy i could wear a mask to hide my face

Halloween's lost it's charm honestly.. the atmosphere for it just isn't there anymore and Gen-Z / Alpha don't give a damn about it. Probably doesn't help that COVID absolutely fuck'd society socially, so now everyone is paranoid and weird IRL when it comes to engaging with one another. Kinda depressing actually. Sucks to know I'll never be like my father or grandpa who in fact took their kids trick or treating / or just handing out candy and shit...

From what I've heard / seen from other people online (in general), they also seem to bring up the fact that kids (whether its theirs or not) don't go out on Halloween anymore. Interwebs / social media's fucking ruined everything.
We have a thing called "trunk or treat" where people sit with the trunk of their cars open and kids just walk by collecting candy. What ever happened to going door to door?

We have a thing called "trunk or treat" where people sit with the trunk of their cars open and kids just walk by collecting candy. What ever happened to going door to door?
The whole "trunk or treat" thing is something new to me, honestly... apparently its considered safer than the "door to door" thing. Also, I believe gen-z / alpha would rather "party" than go trick or treating, if not just completely opting out of the holiday altogether and just playing vidyagames by themselves / NEET. Pretty sad.