Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Growing up on a male-only island

BlackPillUNC

BlackPillUNC

Chapel Hell
★★★
What would happen if a male baby were raised on a male-only island. He had two male fathers who were not sexually or romantically involved. It was just like having two dads who were not connected other than that they were both your father. You lived in a small village with similar families of all men, but there was never any romance or sex between the men. Women did not exist.

Let's say at 18 you were transported off that island and introduced into current American society.

Would you:

A) Have experienced any sexual feelings before coming to America if you grew up in a society without women and without sex?

B) Will you now become straight or gay or asexual now that you have landed in a country of sexual freedom and learn about sex?

but there was never any romance or sex between the men
Flawed premise; what's the point of growing up on Gay Party Island if I can't swallow a few swords every so often?

down-voted

Interesting. The male would develop normally, with puberty eliciting sexual urges. Since he's never seen romance/sex before he would be extremely confused as to what he's feeling. This boy would, I hypothesize, jerk off naturally while not understanding that his true feelings are for women (or maybe he actually is gay, but doesn't know it yet, if so, he might try to touch another male). Arriving at present-day society would present huge mental anguish for this person as he would not understand the culture, norms, and of course, sexual relationships.

Interesting. The male would develop normally, with puberty eliciting sexual urges. Since he's never seen romance/sex before he would be extremely confused as to what he's feeling. This boy would, I hypothesize, jerk off naturally while not understanding that his true feelings are for women (or maybe he actually is gay, but doesn't know it yet, if so, he might try to touch another male). Arriving at present-day society would present huge mental anguish for this person as he would not understand the culture, norms, and of course, sexual relationships.

Well, he's going to gravitate toward the females based on his wiring. It will be novel, but his instincts will guide his desire eventually, it always does.

I suspect that sexual attraction has as much to do with socialization as it does with biology. If that is true, I wonder if he would ever actually feel sexual feelings since no relationship of more than a friend nature has ever been modeled for him.

If he did feel sexual urges, it is most likely that he would have to be gay... there's nothing else for him to be attracted to. He wouldn't know females exist.

I suspect that sexual attraction has as much to do with socialization as it does with biology. If that is true, I wonder if he would ever actually feel sexual feelings since no relationship of more than a friend nature has ever been modeled for him.

If he did feel sexual urges, it is most likely that he would have to be gay... there's nothing else for him to be attracted to. He wouldn't know females exist.

Society would most certainly play a role in sexual attraction. This is the "anguish" which will occur when he reaches present-day society. He'll be, as they say, "confused" until he sorts himself out.

Well, he's going to gravitate toward the females based on his wiring. It will be novel, but his instincts will guide his desire eventually, it always does.

Yes, nature will guide his desires, but since he doesn't know females exist he can't know that yet. He will find out when he reaches society.

Society would most certainly play a role in sexual attraction. This is the "anguish" which will occur when he reaches present-day society. He'll be, as they say, "confused" until he sorts himself out.

Would he be attracted to women? They would be alien to him, and he would not have been socialized to find himself attracted to them.

I do not know if biology is stronger than socialization.

Yes, nature will guide his desires, but since he doesn't know females exist he can't know that yet. He will find out when he reaches society.

This is what I disagree with. I think "nature" or biology as you all think is actually the socialization process that we get as a child that we are told to like women and to want to procreate with them from an early age.

Would he be attracted to women?
Likely, but it will take a while to sort out.

For the time being, his trust will be placed with males, probably.

Also, what were the circumstances of his birth? Did he have a moment to see his mother?

Would he be attracted to women? They would be alien to him, and he would not have been socialized to find himself attracted to them.

I do not know if biology is stronger than socialization.

It will take time, but, I believe he would be attracted to women. Perhaps not all people who undergo this, but I say the vast majority would.

Likely, but it will take a while to sort out.

For the time being, his trust will be placed with males, probably.

Also, what were the circumstances of his birth? Did he have a moment to see his mother?

I don't know if babies can remember seeing their mother for a brief moment at birth, but we can say it was a pitch black room.

It will take time, but, I believe he would be attracted to women. Perhaps not all people who undergo this, but I say the vast majority would.

It is certainly possible that biology could play its natural role and tell him that women are what he should be attracted to. I would personally not bet on that outcome. Unfortunately, the only way to know is to ruin some children's lives, and society is not cool with social experiments (not the youtube ones).

I wonder if the clone army had sexual urges

You can assume all variables have been thoroughly controlled for.
Well, then we're just asking nature vs. nurture.

We know he's hard-wired for the attraction, but sex will be an abstraction. He's bound to have expressed himself in some way by 18, even if it's just through thought. The object in his mind will be feminine, even without having seen a woman. He likely has identified these characteristics in some of the men on his island, even if there is no sexual interaction.

Yeah, everything is screaming "he'll fuck women after a fashion."

Well, then we're just asking nature vs. nurture.

We know he's hard-wired for the attraction, but sex will be an abstraction. He's bound to have expressed himself in some way by 18, even if it's just through thought. The object in his mind will be feminine, even without having seen a woman. He likely has identified these characteristics in some of the men on his island, even if there is no sexual interaction.

Yeah, everything is screaming "he'll fuck women after a fashion."

It is certainly one of the more likely outcomes. I would still put my money on asexuality and homosexuality before I'd say he ends up being hetero after living 18 years without knowing what a woman even is.

If he didn't know they had different genitals, he'd probably think they were just awkward looking men. I doubt he'd suspect they were completely different. I am not sure I believe he'd be attracted to them either... but that is what nature would want him to do.

I would still put my money on asexuality and homosexuality
The thing is, with traditional homosexuality, it always looks as though they see sex in hyper-masculinity (leather, mustaches, sailors) and that's where the attraction starts.

If he never learned to equate that with attraction, because masculinity is not biologically attractive to men, or else we would have died out centuries ago, then I'd almost think of him as a repressed hetero boiler ready to blow.

The thing is, with traditional homosexuality, it always looks as though they see sex in hyper-masculinity (leather, mustaches, sailors) and that's where the attraction starts.

If he never learned to equate that with attraction, because masculinity is not biologically attractive to men, or else we would have died out centuries ago, then I'd almost think of him as a repressed hetero boiler ready to blow.

Don't you think they've been socialized against their biological tendencies so that they prefer their own sex? I find it hard to believe that homosexuality is genetic, though it could be, but I have seen no evidence of that.

Don't you think they've been socialized against their biological tendencies so that they prefer their own sex?
To a degree. That's why I said the bit about us being fucked if we were inherently attracted to men. But there's areas of our mind concerning men that are lit up by the same things that light up when we think of reproduction.

I find it hard to believe that homosexuality is genetic
Not strictly, but I think attraction, like everything else, isn't designed perfectly. It came about through haphazard trial and error. The social reinforcement just capitalizes on that attraction and then "sorts" us, in a way.

They would obviously have intercourse once they realize how it feels not knowing it’s gay

To a degree. That's why I said the bit about us being fucked if we were inherently attracted to men. But there's areas of our mind concerning men that are lit up by the same things that light up when we think of reproduction.

Not strictly, but I think attraction, like everything else, isn't designed perfectly. It came about through haphazard trial and error. The social reinforcement just capitalizes on that attraction and then "sorts" us, in a way.

That makes sense. Like a person who is internally susceptible to being an alcoholic then gets his first sip and immediately becomes a drunkard, this hypothetical man could see a female for the first and realize that's what he's been missing and bang until he dies (unless he's incel in which case we have ruined his life by letting him know that females exist and that he will never have one).

unless he's incel in which case we have ruined his life by letting him know that females exist
eskimo-if-i-did-not-know-about-god.jpg