Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Cope Gonna learn to program and become a dating sim game dev

Heliosphan

Heliosphan

Hasty Boom Alert
★★★
If nothing goes right (it won't) at least I will have my own perfect world I created myself
I reckon it's gonna be like Persona but with a greater emphasis on dating the foids and saying the right thing to make them happy and stuff. Obviously the foids are gonna be idealized abstractions of the real thing, so the player can make-believe there actually exist women like that. The interaction system will be highly detailed with many branching routes and paths and many ways of getting it right or wrong. The characters will be teenagers because teen life is peak life, if you had the opportunity to live teenhood as it is supposed to be lived, that is. You are supposed to take care of your gf to make her happy and raise the relationship gauge, until you two get married as you finish high school. Polygamy will not be allowed (feature, not bug) and the foids won't cheat. There will be an immense roster of femoid characters in every anime archetype or combination thereof so every taste is met. There will also be a bullshit plot but the whole focus will be on the dating.

I can't do shit rn tho, this could take decades to materialize. But I guess

katawa shoujomaxxing

Check out renpy it makes it pretty easy to make

The only thing I learn in the past few months was how to create AI images of my waifus. I self improved :feelsYall:

You don't need to understand programming in order to make a VN. I think there are many programs that can create custom VNs using their tools.

Aawesome, keep me updated

If nothing goes right (it won't) at least I will have my own perfect world I created myself
I reckon it's gonna be like Persona but with a greater emphasis on dating the foids and saying the right thing to make them happy and stuff. Obviously the foids are gonna be idealized abstractions of the real thing, so the player can make-believe there actually exist women like that. The interaction system will be highly detailed with many branching routes and paths and many ways of getting it right or wrong. The characters will be teenagers because teen life is peak life, if you had the opportunity to live teenhood as it is supposed to be lived, that is. You are supposed to take care of your gf to make her happy and raise the relationship gauge, until you two get married as you finish high school. Polygamy will not be allowed (feature, not bug) and the foids won't cheat. There will be an immense roster of femoid characters in every anime archetype or combination thereof so every taste is met. There will also be a bullshit plot but the whole focus will be on the dating.

Waiting for it, I love persona series.

Sounds like the DS game LovePlus (ラブプラス, Rabu Purasu)

You don't need to understand programming in order to make a VN. I think there are many programs that can create custom VNs using their tools.
Just put bunch of if statements like yanderedev does. Not that it matters anyway because dating Sims doesn't take much performance to run

I create characters in my head all the time but I’m too lazy to actually write out any stories or worldbuilding, plus I can’t draw

I create characters in my head all the time but I’m too lazy to actually write out any stories or worldbuilding, plus I can’t draw
Social defeat stress has made us all languid

You can start now by writing webnovels.

the point?
I'd write a fantasy novel if I had something to say, but to write a book you just have to have a life, otherwise it would come out as typical foid romantasy nonsense (because foids live in a bubble and have no real touch of what life really is)

I'm not sure I recommend this. You can already simulate this with AI, look into SillyTavern/RisuAI/MikuGG. I don't see much profit or hope in the future of the visual novel industry unless they branch out. Generative visual novel tech is still in early stages but I can see it getting alot better in a few years.

there's VN maker for visual novels.
or Godot for making 2d 3d games.

your main issue would be promoting the game tho.

I'm not sure I recommend this. You can already simulate this with AI, look into SillyTavern/RisuAI/MikuGG. I don't see much profit or hope in the future of the visual novel industry unless they branch out. Generative visual novel tech is still in early stages but I can see it getting alot better in a few years.

everything related to software dev is screwed, AI will just take over and people who can't do anything else will be forced to branch out. Good thing is that it will happen to many occupations. Bad thing is that if you're can't do hard manual work you're left out. Men will bend their spines at hazardrous industries and women will just sell their bagena as they always do. It's going back to primal age when mental labor doesn't mean shit

Last edited: