Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Gardencels i need help GTFIH

wasted12years

wasted12years

Overlord
★★★★★
I'm growing red onions for the first time in my life and i don't understand what i'm doing wrong. I have like 100 onion plants and now some of them are starting to form small bulbs, but the bulbs look unstable like they are about to fall, weak root system i think, if i poke on the them they feel unstable. The leaves look healthy but they are leaning a little. Too much water maybe?

Can i put rocks infront of the bulbs to make them stand straight or is it bad? I understand the bulbs need alot of sunlight so i shouldn't cover them with soil. I forgot my reddit password so i was too lazy to create a new account. I thought i post here instead. There's gotta be some incel who is into gardening.

P 20240605 170522
P 20240605 170529
P 20240605 170516

Buy mulch for stability and don't overwater onions, they don't like overly moist environments

Buy mulch for stability and don't overwater onions, they don't like overly moist environments
I can get mulch for free, will do. What causes stunted growth in onions? Overwatering again? Out of all 100 plants only 20 have grown and started to form small bulbs. I've fertilized all onions with ground up egg shell powder, and some of the soil was pre-fertilized.

I can get mulch for free, will do. What causes stunted growth in onions? Overwatering again? Out of all 100 plants only 20 have grown and started to form small bulbs. I've fertilized all onions with ground up egg shell powder, and some of the soil was pre-fertilized.
I'd say overwatering or poor soil quality, perhaps even underwatering but that doesn't seem to be the case in your situation. Maybe you can try other fertilisers like Mushroom compost