Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Fucking computers

JovanD

JovanD

Banned
-
IPR5BWv.png

Gonna have to ruin perfect almost 40-day uptime because a fan died, i hate turning off my pc and losing all the tabs and shit i got open.
Btw no i can't use (deep)sleep because my motherboard is unreliable and some times pc doen't wanna wake up unless i cut the power.
And no i don't wanna use hibrenation since i got 32 gigs of ram so boot takes forever and after that most memory is paged so everything is slow as shit for long time.

looks like windows 98

Poor rich kid with 8-core CPU and 32 GB RAM.

32GB of RAM? Does anyone need more than 8? Some of my machines cope with 4!

Also is it windows 98 or NT that you're using? Nostalgia bro. I still use some Windows 95/98 machines at work.

commander_zoidberg said:

Also is it windows 98 or NT that you're using? Nostalgia bro. I still use some Windows 95/98 machines at work.

Windows 98 wouldn't make use of more than 1 core or so much RAM and I also doubt it's still NT 4 but you can use classic mode on Windows 7.

FeminismsCancer said:
Windows 98 wouldn't make use of more than 1 core or so much RAM and I also doubt it's still NT 4 but you can use classic mode on Windows 7.

Holy shit. You know i forgot about 7 having classic mode. FAIL.

commander_zoidberg said:

Believe it or not i NEED all of it, well not all the time, but when the time comes it's the difference bitwen being able to do a job and not being able to do the job.
Anyways here's an old screenshot back when i had "only" 16 gigs
EPpqUzt.png

FeminismsCancer said:
Poor rich kid with 8-core CPU and 32 GB RAM.
Im far from rich, the "8 cores" are from FX-8350, all parts in my PC are used except case and PSU. 

I got the ram before price surge, so i think it was 200$ in total for 32gigs, that job i was doing was for around 1200$, so investment of 100$ for extra ram was well worth it.

Im still suprized that 80% of ppl that see my screenshots don't understand win7 has classic theme XD

And for fun, here's what happens when you don't pay attention and try to import a 3D scan in to program not intended to handle such huge models.
89DEqV4.png

Ah. So that's why you need that much spec... Damn. You running an SSD or just a regular HDD?

commander_zoidberg said:
Ah. So that's why you need that much spec... Damn. You running an SSD or just a regular HDD?

No SSDs yet. I got x2 2TB Western Digital Enterprise Drives running in raid0 and x2 1tb drives I can't remember the name of, at some point I'll get 2 more 2tb ones since local used market seems flooded with them, they're probably salvaged from data center, but I had no big problems. 40$ for used 2tb is not super ideal, but not terrible deal ether.

So you're bitching over a fan dying? LOL as long as it isn't the cpu fan that's like the easiest repair, ever. RIP uptime as well, I've gone 390 with Ubuntu several years ago. (Core 2 Era)

Sub8Hate said:
So you're bitching over a fan dying? LOL as long as it isn't the cpu fan that's like the easiest repair, ever. RIP uptime as well, I've gone 390 with Ubuntu several years ago. (Core 2 Era)

It is a CPU fan, exhaust one to be exact. Intake one still works, but due to the way i set up my pc exhaust one is more important.

Sub8Hate said:

I've never understood uptime fetichism much. Back in the days of Windows 9x when it was such unstable system compared to Linux and it couldn't stay a few hours up without rebooting I got how it was a good nerd brag to have a very stable system but nowadays windows is very stable too.
Never turning it off only means more wear and tear and increased electric bill.