Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious FrothySolutions is a female psychologist conducting thought experiments on us

The quote is exactly "IT'S NOT A TRICK. JFL". It's talking about a white lie, because that's what the fuck we were talking about. A white lie is not malicious. Trickery in the context of truthfulness implies malicious intent, if the truth value of the statement causes harm. A white lie is intended to AVOID harm.

THAT'S THE WHOLE GODDAMN POINT.

Enough with the bullshit pedantic games. What points are you trying to win here? What argument are you even making in the original thread? You never answered that question. You just deflected again.

Right now? My point is trying to explain to you that a white lie is a lie. You keep saying "white lie" as if that absolves it of being a lie. I don't care what color the lie is, how kind-hearted you think the lie is, lies are lies. Telling someone a falsehood with the intention of them believing it, is a lie. Doesn't matter whether you mean to harm someone or not.

Right now? My point is trying to explain to you that a white lie is a lie. You keep saying "white lie" as if that absolves it of being a lie. I don't care what color the lie is, how kind-hearted you think the lie is, lies are lies. Telling someone a falsehood with the intention of them believing it, is a lie. Doesn't matter whether you mean to harm someone or not.

OK, so you're a fucking idiot then.

Thank you for making that abundantly clear.

OK, so you're a fucking idiot then.

Thank you for making that abundantly clear.

Again, I'm not gonna drag up Dictionary.com, I don't have the reaction GIFs for the "epic shutdown" that would ensue. Just go look it up. Malice is not necessary for something to be a trick. Tricks, lies, deceptions, falsehoods, they are all the same thing: Intentional misleadings. Whether you do it to be nice or do it for other reasons.

Again, I'm not gonna drag up Dictionary.com, I don't have the reaction GIFs for the "epic shutdown" that would ensue. Just go look it up. Malice is not necessary for something to be a trick. Tricks, lies, deceptions, falsehoods, they are all the same thing: Intentional misleadings. Whether you do it to be nice or do it for other reasons.

The operative word.

You can bury the horse now.

The operative word.

You can bury the horse now.

Yeah, intentional. Unless you're telling this "white lie" in the hopes that the person doesn't actually believe it?

Yeah, intentional. Unless you're telling this "white lie" in the hopes that the person doesn't actually believe it?

You've already established that you don't differentiate between "no I did not commit that murder, your honor" and "oh, nothing, it's fine", because all lies are the same to you and harm is not a variable in your world, so I have absolutely no reason to entertain this stupid discussion any longer.

I will say, though, that blatantly misunderstanding what constitutes harmful or harmless lying and making such a big deal about it is a foid trait, lest we veer too far off topic.

Last edited:
You've already established that you don't differentiate between "no I did not commit that murder, your honor" and "oh, nothing, it's fine", because all lies are the same to you and harm is not a variable in your world, so I have absolutely no reason to entertain this stupid discussion any longer.

I will say, though, that blatantly misunderstanding what constitutes harmful or harmless lying and making such a big deal about it is a foid trait, lest we veer too far off topic.

Because whether or not "harm" is involved is irrelevant in deciding whether or not something is a lie. And any time you present something you know is false, with the intention of making people believe that thing, that's a lie.

Which touches on those concerns I had. When you can't see lies for lies because "How can they be tricks, I didn't meant to harm anyone," that's gotta be some kinda sociopathy. When you're like "I'm too good and nice to trick people."

Because whether or not "harm" is involved is irrelevant in deciding whether or not something is a lie. And any time you present something you know is false, with the intention of making people believe that thing, that's a lie.

Which touches on those concerns I had. When you can't see lies for lies because "How can they be tricks, I didn't meant to harm anyone," that's gotta be some kinda sociopathy. When you're like "I'm too good and nice to trick people."

Yes, a white lie is still a lie. It's in the fucking name, for fuck's sake. Nobody ever questioned that part. It's a type of lie. The white lie is of the harmless variety. A magic trick is a type of trick. Also of the harmless variety. Some lies and tricks are harmful, and some lies are tricks, but not all lies are tricks or harmful.

Do you get it?

I swear, my own brain is about to bruh the fuck out from all of the concentrated retardation coming my way.

Yes, a white lie is still a lie. It's in the fucking name, for fuck's sake. Nobody ever questioned that part. It's a type of lie. The white lie is of the harmless variety. A magic trick is a type of trick. Also of the harmless variety. Some lies and tricks are harmful, and some lies are tricks, but not all lies are tricks or harmful.

Do you get it?

I swear, my own brain is about to bruh the fuck out from all of the concentrated retardation coming my way.

All lies are tricks. A lie, a trick, they're just deliberate falsehoods. That's what defines them. I really don't wanna have to go to Dictionary.com. Did you really predicate all this on the belief that not all lies/deliberate falsehoods are tricks?

Forget about harmful. "Harmful" is NOT a part of this discussion. This is about whether or not a lie is a trick. And what you apparently believe a "lie" is vs. what a "trick" is.

All lies are tricks. A lie, a trick, they're just deliberate falsehoods. That's what defines them. I really don't wanna have to go to Dictionary.com. Did you really predicate all this on the belief that not all lies/deliberate falsehoods are tricks?

Forget about harmful. "Harmful" is NOT a part of this discussion. This is about whether or not a lie is a trick. And what you apparently believe a "lie" is vs. what a "trick" is.

Sorry, I'm all out of troll feed. Quarantine, you know.

I like Frothy. I don't think he's a foid.

Yeah making 10k posts is way too much of an investment for such a mundane thing. Why are you eager to turn everything into a conspiracy?

tbh anyone who says going ER is tragic or sad is suspect, but I dunno could just be low t I guess

Any updates on this? Come to think of it, the way he posts seems a little strange.