Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Free will does not exist

M. Bison

M. Bison

Banned
-
The brain will never choose the option it deems inferior, given the information available. Never. This is self-evident.

Wrong. The ability to make irrational choices with the information on the outcomes of our actions is what differentiates us from other animals. Instinct is strong, but not that strong. If I decided to push my lamp on the floor for no other reason than to just do it, I would be able to do it, even though it is an inferior choice to just leaving it alone.

The brain will never choose the option it deems inferior, given the information available. Never. This is self-evident.
nah, I always pick the character I like when playing games like Injustice 2. I COULD spam Supergirl but I choose to use my homeboy Firestorm

Then you aren't responsible for your position as Incel

there's definitely a duality, like being able to notice how your body wants certain things and can autopilot with it to its urges or whatever that thing aware behind it all and decide to do otherwise

There's no soul. Only biology and chemistry

neither freedom, indeed

Free will cannot be observed. Free will doesn't exist, but it doesn't matter, because as humans our frame of reference and decision-making are part of the same flow of events as everything else. Our thoughts are just as predetermined as everything else, and realizing that changes nothing.

We are nothing more than the products of our genetics and environment.

More simply, causality disproves free will.

Wrong. The ability to make irrational choices with the information on the outcomes of our actions is what differentiates us from other animals. Instinct is strong, but not that strong. If I decided to push my lamp on the floor for no other reason than to just do it, I would be able to do it, even though it is an inferior choice to just leaving it alone.

Yeah but if you choose to push the lamp you will be doing it for a reason; to prove you can. Everything we do has a rationale behind it which is a result of previous experiences.

Yeah but if you choose to push the lamp you will be doing it for a reason; to prove you can. Everything we do has a rationale behind it which is a result of previous experiences.
hmmmmm I don't know maybe you're right

Bump

It's a fascinating topic that I want to know more about.

The ability to make decisions with conscious thought?
It's a hard topic because all of our thoughts are influenced by our genes and environment.

It's a hard topic because all of our thoughts are influenced by our genes and environment.
We make thoughts based off of those things, yeah.