Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion For those that have watched the new Lord of the Rings show what do you think?

ilieknothing

ilieknothing

كاريسل
★★★★★
From looking at reactions online it looks like most people hated it because it is woke. I like forming my opinion, I honestly did not hate it. It was not the best TV show in the world but I don't agree with it being utterly dreadful.

The main storyline seems to involve Elrond and Galadriel and they have switched the characters a bit. In the cannon Galadriel being a foid is not a warrior, she uses magic, diplomacy and other shit to get stuff done. Elrond did more fighting. They switched the roles around for the woke agenda it seems. It does not worry me that much, as long as the story moves forward and the actress that plays Galadriel is fappable to, at least they didn't get a landwhale.

I did not really like the other 2 storylines which are entirely original.

One of the other storylines is with hobbits which are not in the second age so they are presented as proto hobbit ancestors called Harfoots even though Harfoots are a race of hobbits in the lore. Again to be woke they included nigger hobbits and the main hobbit is essentially Frodo and Bilbo but turned into a foid. I did not really like this storyline, the hobbits are annoying and seem very fake.

The final story line involves a nigger elf who is stationed in what looks like Mordor before it was ravaged by orcs and Sauron. The nigger elf is monitoring a human settlement there and has the hots for one of the foids there. This is my least favourite storyline. I don't like romance because it is not relatable to myself and of course this seems to be where the woke agenda is pushed the most. I suppose it would be interesting to see Mordor transformed into a desolate wasteland, at the moment it looks like a typical rural area with farms and cows and shit.

Overall I give it 6/10. The story isn't that great but I am interested enough to see what happens moving forward. Given they spent so much money I think the visuals look great. Khazad Dum in particular looked amazing.

Tagging @JayGoptri because he seems to be a fan of Tolkien as well.

Haven't watched it yet tbh, but since every modern show is filled with niggers and toilets as main roles/SJW bullshit and they expect us to accept it I won't even waste my time with it. I'd rather watch the old movies/read the books.

It's supposed to be based on the silmarillon, isn't it?

It's supposed to be based on the silmarillon, isn't it?
Nah, it's the second age and the source is mostly from the appendices of the Lord of the Rings. They don't have the rights to The Silmarillion or Unfinished Tales so they can't touch anything from those.

Still, I usually don't bother with TV shows tbh. Imo the books will always be peak LOTR/The Hobbit experiences so I'll just stick with those.

[UWSL]Generally my opinions are here. But we can continue to discuss as the show moves along.[/UWSL]

And look, the FIRST half way decent portrayal of this absolute visually- pleasing TRAIN WRECK !

Didn't watch. :feelsaww: