Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting "For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love"

T

Tenshi

Banned
-
I understand that everything else is cope and pointless, a waste of time and energy.

The only thing that seem to truly give humans some sense of value and make us happy is being able to bond with other humans. Everything we do is aiming toward this direction, even the fact that we have to come to this virtual environment interact with others as we can't do it normally.

The strongest bond among humans is what we may call love. The only thing that can make even the most miserable and degraded person wake up every day with joy and live another day, like wageslaving for a whole week just waiting for the end of the week so you can spend time with your family, your loved ones.

As we go further and further we realise we're in a total caothic universe, where from the smallest particles to galaxies nothing seem to make any sense. We're creatures who are forced to live in a constant fight for survival in a cycle of constant destruction and necessary violence, yet we humans have been gifted with such a great operational tool in our brains to be able to experience consciously every bit of this reality and contemplate it, not only that but change it according to our will.

Of course, the downside of all that is that we are able to realise all the scary void in this vastness we're inserted in. But just like Elliot Rodger said "the most beautiful environment can be the darkest hell if you have to experience it alone" I also believe the opposite holds true: even the darkest, chaotic hell can be beautiful, when you're not alone.

No, humans just want pleasure, bonding with other people is just a way to get it

Walk on, through the wind
Walk on, through the rain
Though your dreams be tossed and blown

Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone
You'll never walk alone.

No, humans just want pleasure, bonding with other people is just a way to get it
It doesn't invalidate what he said, I agree with you, we are selfish beings but these connections between people are sometimes real and it really helps you to feel less alone in the world, where if you are so small and useless you can be important to someone
I understand that everything else is cope and pointless, a waste of time and energy.

The only thing that seem to truly give humans some sense of value and make us happy is being able to bond with other humans. Everything we do is aiming toward this direction, even the fact that we have to come to this virtual environment interact with others as we can't do it normally.

The strongest bond among humans is what we may call love. The only thing that can make even the most miserable and degraded person wake up every day with joy and live another day, like wageslaving for a whole week just waiting for the end of the week so you can spend time with your family, your loved ones.

As we go further and further we realise we're in a total caothic universe, where from the smallest particles to galaxies nothing seem to make any sense. We're creatures who are forced to live in a constant fight for survival in a cycle of constant destruction and necessary violence, yet we humans have been gifted with such a great operational tool in our brains to be able to experience consciously every bit of this reality and contemplate it, not only that but change it according to our will.

Of course, the downside of all that is that we are able to realise all the scary void in this vastness we're inserted in. But just like Elliot Rodger said "the most beautiful environment can be the darkest hell if you have to experience it alone" I also believe the opposite holds true: even the darkest, chaotic hell can be beautiful, when you're not alone.
did you write this alone brocel? or took it from a book

i'm pretty sure humans are a pretty social species though. It's hardwired in us to bond with others

i'm pretty sure humans are a pretty social species though. It's hardwired in us to bond with others
Yes, most people need it to be mentally health, but at the end of the day, bonding is just a mean to get positive emotions and avoid negative ones.

But it also depends on the quantity, some people are fine not interacting much, some need a lot of interaction, its about what fits you

srry bro I forgot you figured out life and all the complex human behaviour at 14, forgive my lowiqness.

It doesn't invalidate what he said, I agree with you, we are selfish beings but these connections between people are sometimes real and it really helps you to feel less alone in the world, where if you are so small and useless you can be important to someone

did you write this alone brocel? or took it from a book
Do you mean the text or the quote in the title? The quote was made by Carl Sagan, I just wrote the thread rn.

srry bro I forgot you figured out life and all the complex human behaviour at 14, forgive my lowiqness.
Never said that, just said that a bond is not necessary for all people, some people can be happy without it. Also, the text seems more to apply to you than to everyone as a whole.

You disagree that people just want to make bonds, because of pleasure? Reminding that with pleasure, I mean feeling good emotions

Never said that, just said that a bond is not necessary for all people, some people can be happy without it. Also, the text seems more to apply to you than to everyone as a whole.

You disagree that people just want to make bonds, because of pleasure? Reminding that with pleasure, I mean feeling good emotions
bonds are also a survival thing. more people you have bonds to, more people can help you out
is he actually only 14?

bonds are also a survival thing. more people you have bonds to, more people can help you out

is he actually only 14?

Yes, bonds can help you in life, but they aren't needed for you to avoid problems/get help, you can just pay people to do it for you

Yes, bonds can help you in life, but they aren't needed for you to avoid problems/get help, you can just pay people to do it for you
hmm, depends on the help tbh.

plus, "just pay people", that implies you have money. you need to get the money. Sometimes, having connections helps you to get jobs, which help you to make money

hmm, depends on the help tbh.

plus, "just pay people", that implies you have money. you need to get the money. Sometimes, having connections helps you to get jobs, which help you to make money
Yes, thats why corporate ladder is retarded. Btw, you think its easier for the average guy to get money or friends?

Yes, thats why corporate ladder is retarded. Btw, you think its easier for the average guy to get money or friends?
tough to say ngl

i mean friends are made early in life, money is made later. plus they're not quantified in the same way

i'm not really sure if they can be compared. average dude can usually do alright in both though

tough to say ngl

i mean friends are made early in life, money is made later. plus they're not quantified in the same way

i'm not really sure if they can be compared. average dude can usually do alright in both though
I mean, in which one would be easier for him to outstand?

I mean, in which one would be easier for him to outstand?
hmm, no clue. i'd guess money, since making money is more of an effort thing than friends, so if he puts in huge effort, he can outstand easier

you're tripping, your whole life was only made possible through bonds with other human beings

from you conception to every single aspect of your life that requires your reliance on someone else (i.e basically everything you do and did as a human), humans not only desire to make bonds, they (as other primates) rely totally on them.

you're tripping, your whole life was only made possible through bonds with other human beings

from you conception to every single aspect of your life that requires your reliance on someone else (i.e basically everything you do and did as a human), humans not only desire to make bonds, they (as other primates) rely totally on them.
Yes, bonds are of course important, but since we live in a society rule by laws, a bond isn't required for a children to be taken care of and survive. But of course having bonds since your birth will change your life [UWSL]in huge proportions, even though they aren't needed for survival nowadays.[/UWSL]

[UWSL]What I was trying to say is, people just seek for bonds, because they will make them feel good, which also means getting advantages, but they are still very very important. Of course there are people who can live without a bond (just to be clear, bond is a meaningful interpersonal connection at this context), even though they are not common. Schizoids are just one example[/UWSL]