Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Footballcels (specially oldcels) which world cup was the best in your opinion?

thespanishcel

thespanishcel

Overlord
★★★★★
Zoomercel here so I only have experienced the world cup from 2006 onwards, I was alive when 2002 world cup happened but I was a toddler so don't remember shit. I have very good memories from 2006, 2010 on the other hand was a bit more boring (and the vuvuzelas in the background so annoying) but at least Spain won which was lifefuel. 2014 was meh and 2018 had some interesting matches but the final was really bad. 2022 was a really good world cup in a based country and with many surprises like Germany or Belgium out in the group stage, Morocco in the semifinals and Argentina winning the final (very tense with the 3-3 and penalties) after losing to Saudi Arabia in the first match.

Boomers often say that the best world cups were Mexico 70 and Mexico 86, some also mention USA 94. And the worst always Italy 90 because there were very few goals and South Korea-Japan 2002 because the referees were bad and it was obvious the two ricecel teams had paid FIFA big bucks so they would get far in the cup. Just look up the South Korea vs Spain match, that shit was rigged from the beginning.

FUCK WRONG SUBFORUM PLS MODS MOVE IT TO THE LOUNGE

I actually thought the 2014 world cup was entertaining, why do you think it was "meh"? :dafuckfeels:

Mogs my English arse for winning the damn thing in our lifetimes. But tbh Qatar '22 was fantastic. I was basically just drinking, eating pizza and posting here while watching endless high drama games.

I actually thought the 2014 world cup was entertaining, why do you think it was "meh"? :dafuckfeels:
The Argentina matches were boring and it was obvious Germany would win in the end. But the 7-1 win against Brazil was funny.

As someone 26 years old, I'd say 2014 and 2022 for me

2014 when Brazil got raped by Germany 7-1 :feelshaha:

As someone 26 years old, I'd say 2014 and 2022 for me
2014 was good but the final was too predictable. Argentina did many boring matches and in general didn't play well so it was obvious Germany would win.

France '98
A big one, and culturally important too. The era of “The Zidane Effect.” I lived in Nice then—so many great players there from the various former colonies. In a brutally divided society that was kind of a moment when it didn’t matter. Nobody slept that night. Just ran through the streets drinking and celebrating. Oh what a time to be alive.

Honestly, though, in terms of the pure football itself, 2022.

The only one I watched was the one last year , never watched soccer b4 that

Zoomercel here so I only have experienced the world cup from 2006 onwards, I was alive when 2002 world cup happened but I was a toddler so don't remember shit. I have very good memories from 2006, 2010 on the other hand was a bit more boring (and the vuvuzelas in the background so annoying) but at least Spain won which was lifefuel. 2014 was meh and 2018 had some interesting matches but the final was really bad. 2022 was a really good world cup in a based country and with many surprises like Germany or Belgium out in the group stage, Morocco in the semifinals and Argentina winning the final (very tense with the 3-3 and penalties) after losing to Saudi Arabia in the first match.

Boomers often say that the best world cups were Mexico 70 and Mexico 86, some also mention USA 94. And the worst always Italy 90 because there were very few goals and South Korea-Japan 2002 because the referees were bad and it was obvious the two ricecel teams had paid FIFA big bucks so they would get far in the cup. Just look up the South Korea vs Spain match, that shit was rigged from the beginning.
Not a wc but i loved euro 2008 and 2004 everything from the ball and the games was amazing

2006 when my shit country won. Also the only one i've ever followed.

Of those I followed, I'd say 2014

2010 because spain won, but objectively it was boring af

2010 because spain won, but objectively it was boring af
I checked the knockout stage and Spain won all matches by 1-0, at least the other half was more entertaining. And the group stage was cool too.