Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

foes anybody even burn music cd's or dvd's these days?

ethniccel1

ethniccel1

Sir ethnic cel the 1st lord of landwhales, grannys
★★★★★
I am trying out realplayer and am looking at their tier packages. Part of the paid packages in todays age is still the ability to burn cd's. I mean do modern music or DJ system even have cd players at all?

Screenshot 2023 11 22 185612

Modern DJ use flash drives or laptops. I have not burned dvd or cd in 3 or more years but I still have optical media I view because stream quality is trash.

Modern DJ use flash drives or laptops. I have not burned dvd or cd in 3 or more years but I still have optical media I view because stream quality is trash.
yeah same here , it must be at least over 7 years since I burnt a cd and that was for a windows operating system

burned a cd like a month ago

burning cds is outdated, nowadays everyone is using SD flash memories or google/cloud drive to send their files around.

I mean do modern music or DJ system even have cd players at all?
Are you a DJ, experimenting with music or you just mentioned this randomly?

Are you a DJ, experimenting with music or you just mentioned this randomly?
i am not a dj, I am trying out realplayer, its a desktop app for playing videos, music, youtube download etc. Its free but also has paid tiers, part of the package is burning dvd's and I was like who uses dvd's in 2023, its kind of like offering somebody a typewriter in 2023

wanted to listen to an album i didnt own in my car. bluetooth sounds like ass
One of the reasons I went with iPhones, you could still use iPod compatible devices if they had a usb port and you had album art support and depending on the device they had remotes.

No, everything is stored virtually these days. If governments pull the button on the internet it's nuclear over for most things.

One of the reasons I went with iPhones, you could still use iPod compatible devices if they had a usb port and you had album art support and depending on the device they had remotes.
iphones are too limiting imo i remember when I first got an android going from a jailbroken ipod and it was a night and day difference in freedom

No, everything is stored virtually these days. If governments pull the button on the internet it's nuclear over for most things.
i try my best to archive and locally store all media I care about just in case stuff like this happens (not the entire internet but when services like spotify or whatever go down)

i am not a dj, I am trying out realplayer, its a desktop app for playing videos, music, youtube download etc.
Ok
Its free but also has paid tiers, part of the package is burning dvd's and I was like who uses dvd's in 2023, its kind of like offering somebody a typewriter in 2023
I hate those paid services that are simple af and outdated.
Also I have 20 unused DVD-ROMs (94gb total) in my nice plaid case and none of contemporary PCs have DVD readers. Over for DVDcels:cryfeels:.
I like DVDs becuse of their price and how they look (nostalgia) . You can get 235gb for 12$.

There are some bands that sell albums on USBs instead of CDs these days lol

not for me since i hoard shit

Ok

I hate those paid services that are simple af and outdated.
Also I have 20 unused DVD-ROMs (94gb total) in my nice plaid case and none of contemporary PCs have DVD readers. Over for DVDcels:cryfeels:.
I like DVDs becuse of their price and how they look (nostalgia) . You can get 235gb for 12$.
you can buy an external cd-rom and plug into the usb port ? I dont know the price of flash drives vs dvd's. Are dvd's cheaper than flash?

There are some bands that sell albums on USBs instead of CDs these days lol
selling albums on usb? that sounds like a waste when we can just download albums

selling albums on usb? that sounds like a waste when we can just download albums
It's for collectors and people that REALLY want to shill for the band

you can buy an external cd-rom and plug into the usb port ? I dont know the price of flash drives vs dvd's. Are dvd's cheaper than flash?
I already have optical unit in my pc but I worry about the future and external readers becoming more expensive, but guess it's time to modernise.
I just looked it up and it seems USBs got somewhat cheaper (I'm not talking about shady products with shit performance). DVDs are still cheaper(varies from 2x to 4x per gb depending on the bulk size), but as I said it's time to modernise because it would be weird to use discs in 2030.