Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Exercise is key to good mental health

Popbob

Popbob

Banned
-
I skiped my daily jog yesterday and had multiple mental breakdowns about my height, face and physique and even cried. I just now realized its because i didnt exercise, now i have hope im going to start gymceling again with a better program

That would be great.

Have you read what i wrote earlier by the way?

I haven't done exercise in a long time which is a bad habit. Yes you should do moderate exercise every day

I haven't done exercise in a long time which is a bad habit. Yes you should do moderate exercise every day

Why you havent done exercise in a long time?

you should buy a jump rope and do a few everyday at ur house, even that could go a long way

Ye. I get fewer autism spasms when I get a good run in.

Why you havent done exercise in a long time?
Summary : Had a good routine,Went to a class trip,got sick,lost a lot of muscle,tried to get into it again,had lots of different surgeries throughout 2017,vicious cycle of depression,laziness and self hatred

> good mental health

> inceldom

pick one

I have mental breakdowns when I exercise.

If you don't want to exercise then don't exercise.

I personally exercise and it gets tiresome, especially as an Incel (to pick up some energy or ignite some fire within you to do shit).

The only thing that keeps me going is that I can't afford to be weaker than Normies and Chads.

Excersise does nothing for me. I used to cycle alot but since uni started I just take the bus and I don't really miss it. Started gymceling but I don't have any sort of commitnent

I skiped my daily jog yesterday and had multiple mental breakdowns about my height, face and physique and even cried. I just now realized its because i didnt exercise, now i have hope im going to start gymceling again with a better program
Relatable

Last edited:
Agreed, gotta feel as good as possible

I get post workout blues.

Also, go ER

tfw went out to play basketball because the weather is now not that bad and sprained my back or something, shit hurts bad. jfl

I feel even worse if I stop exercising for like 2-3 days, it's one of my best copes and a daily "reset" button.

When you exercise, your body releases chemicals called endorphins. These endorphins interact with the receptors in your brain that reduce your perception of pain. Endorphins also trigger a positive feeling in the body, similar to that of morphine.

Exercising is my cope

FTFY

Legit was doing cardio for days trying to lose weight and the lack of progress had me feeling tired and drained from the effort, stopped exercising and just started to eat a bunch of low calorie shit like ramen, oats, etc, started losing weight, didn't even have to exercise, felt happy and energetic again.

I think exercise is just a release of energy for guys like you, its more like it makes you so tired that you don't even think about how shitty your life is, your brain just subconsciously focuses on recovery and how tired your body is, so "bad thoughts" barely even cross your mind. I can't placebo myself with shit like that, placebos don't work for me.

I do plan on lifting but that's after I lose weight, just to bulk up a bit, but I want a "ripped" build not a "roid" build lol. Don't want jacked arms, I want a lean figure, trying to get jacked when you're short (I'm 5'7") is just stupid, you don't have the skeletal structure to maximize the usefulness of that build, its like being born a theif class in an rpg game and you put more points in strength than agility, its just shitty build. Short guys need to value speed over strength.

Mental exercises are more vital for mental health than physical exercises.

This is now a megathread.

Maladaptive daydreaming, also called excessive daydreaming, is when an individual experiences excessive daydreaming that interferes with daily life. It is a proposed diagnosis of a disordered form of dissociative absorption associated with excessive fantasy that is not recognized by any major medical or psychological criteria. Maladaptive daydreaming can result in distress, can replace human interaction and may interfere with normal functioning such as social life or work.[1][unreliable medical source?][2] Maladaptive daydreaming is not a widely recognized diagnosis, and is not found in any major diagnostic manual of psychiatry or medicine.[3] The term was coined in 2002 by Eli Somer of the University of Haifa.[2] Somer's definition of the proposed condition is "extensive fantasy activity that replaces human interaction and/or interferes with academic, interpersonal, or vocational functioning."[2] There has been limited research outside of Somer's.

Author:

440px-Eli_Somer.jpeg

What Is Maladaptive Daydreaming?​

Sometimes known as daydreaming disorder Trusted Source National Library of Medicine, Biotech InformationThe National Center for Biotechnology Information advances science and health by providing access to biomedical and genomic information.View Source , maladaptive daydreaming describes a condition where a person regularly experiences daydreams that are intense and highly distracting Trusted Source American Psychological Association (APA)APA is the leading scientific and professional organization representing psychology in the United States, with more than 121,000 researchers, educators, clinicians, consultants and students as its members.View Source — so distracting, in fact, that the person may stop engaging with the task or people in front of them. These daydreams may be triggered by real-life events Trusted Source National Library of Medicine, Biotech InformationThe National Center for Biotechnology Information advances science and health by providing access to biomedical and genomic information.View Source or stimuli, such as a noise, smell, conversation topic, or movie.

Maladaptive dreamers may dissociate from reality to absorb themselves completely in their daydream and may unknowingly act out the behavior or speak the dialogue of characters in their daydream. The content of daydreams can be richly detailed and fantastical, while others feature an idealized version of the daydreamer. Maladaptive daydreaming may develop as a coping strategy in response to trauma, as the inner world may feel safer than the experience happening outside. For example, people found themselves maladaptive daydreaming more frequently Trusted Source National Library of Medicine, Biotech InformationThe National Center for Biotechnology Information advances science and health by providing access to biomedical and genomic information.View Source during the COVID-19 lockdown, when they felt a greater urge to daydream and the vividness of their daydreams intensified.

Maladaptive daydreaming was first defined in 2002 and is not yet recognized in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5). The prevalence of maladaptive daydreaming is unknown Trusted Source National Library of Medicine, Biotech InformationThe National Center for Biotechnology Information advances science and health by providing access to biomedical and genomic information.View Source , but the condition appears to be more common among people with anxiety, depression, or obsessive-compulsive disorder. Over half of maladaptive daydreamers have a mental health disorder.