Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Evolutionary psychologists couldn't explain why rape is bad

• Thread starter RuudVanNistelrooy
  • Start date
RuudVanNistelrooy

RuudVanNistelrooy

i'm far from the star
★★★★★
I don't promote rape in any shape or form but this is interesting:

John Lofton: So, how would you sum up what your book is saying?

upset

Craig Palmer: That there is obviously some evolutionary basis to rape just like there is some evolutionary basis to all aspects of living things. In the book we narrow it down to two plausible specific evolutionary reasons for why we are a species in which rape occurs. One is just a by-product of evolved differences between the sexualities of males and females. Or, two, rape might be an adaptation. There might have been selection favouring males who raped under some circumstances in the past. And therefore there might be some aspects of male brains designed specifically to rape under some conditions.
What do you mean when you say evolutionary reasons?

An evolutionary reason is also known as the ultimate level of explanation. It’s really the question of why are we the way we are?
And the evolutionary answer is what selective forces favoured those traits in hundreds or thousands of past generations that we eventually end up with today.
So, if men rape for evolutionary reasons then they are not responsible for their rape?

Oh, absolutely not. That’s not—
How could they be responsible? To what?

Excuse me?
Evolutionary man would be responsible to what? To whom?

The question of causation is a different question from responsibility. Let me turn it around and say the typical explanation is that culture, your culture, causes you to rape. Why aren’t people saying then, ‘Oh, then the person can’t be responsible because it’s their culture, something else that caused them [to rape].’
I assume you think rape is wrong and should be a crime.

Absolutely. Yes.
But, if we just evolved, how can there be any right and wrong?

That’s a very good point. But you need to avoid the naturalistic fallacy. What was favoured by natural selection is no more likely to be considered good or bad. You can’t just make the assumption that if something is natural, favoured by evolution, that therefore it is good. That is the naturalistic fallacy.
But, you’re a naturalistic evolutionist, right?

I’ve never heard that term.
I mean, you either think that God caused evolution, and that’s the way people were created. Or it all just happened naturally.

Oh, oh. Then given those two options, I guess I’d be a naturalist evolutionist.
Then I repeat my question: Where would right and wrong come from in a completely natural world where things just happen?

It doesn’t come from what was selected for. I suggest that where it comes from is that you look at the consequences; not the causes of a behaviour, whether it’s evolved or not, but what are the consequences. And then you are free to choose which consequences you find desirable and good and which should be encouraged, and which consequences you find bad and should be prevented.
But let’s take this conversation out of the realm of the abstract. I’m talking to you, Dr Palmer. You say rape is wrong and should be illegal, right?

Absolutely.
But, if there was no law against rape, why would you be for making it illegal? Why do you think it is wrong? By what standard is rape wrong?

Because it causes so much human suffering.
But this begs the question. Why is it wrong to cause human suffering? In naturalistic, evolutionary terms, what is a human that it is wrong to make one suffer? I mean, you believe that humans are accidents, they just happened.

I would go with that.

Christcucks are the only people who argue like this I don't think even other abrahamists have this weird point of view

"So if God doesn't exist then why would it be wrong for me to rape and torture you right now???" Wtf kind of insane logic is that. Just lol

Pyschologist are the off spring of Satan and i had zero tolerance for mine babble

But, if there was no law against rape, why would you be for making it illegal? Why do you think it is wrong? By what standard is rape wrong?

But this begs the question. Why is it wrong to cause human suffering? In naturalistic, evolutionary terms, what is a human that it is wrong to make one suffer? I mean, you believe that humans are accidents, they just happened.

I hate the interviewer with passion.

Of course performing rape and getting away with it is good for you on evolutionary terms even if it is not right or moral.

Mallard drakes rape hens all time, especially if the drake is unpaired. It is a way to reproduce and skip all those dumb courtship rituals.

It would be easier for me to buy a house with soundproof basement, a black van and "supplies" than to convince woman to sleep with me.

But I would never do that because it is illegal and immoral.

upset

So, if men rape for evolutionary reasons then they are not responsible for their rape?

I mean, you either think that God caused evolution, and that’s the way people were created. Or it all just happened naturally.

Then I repeat my question: Where would right and wrong come from in a completely natural world where things just happen?

But let’s take this conversation out of the realm of the abstract. I’m talking to you, Dr Palmer. You say rape is wrong and should be illegal, right?

I read:feelsEhh:

It's interesting to note that there are many animal species in nature where their sexual reproductive activities or behavior very much resembles rape. In human civilization we conceived the cultural or traditional institution of marriage so that sexual rape would be heavily diminished thus creating a society where men and women could live together in social harmony trying to abolish violent sexual tendencies altogether. In our present however marriage has heavily diminished where more men now more than ever are reduced to involuntary sexual celibacy. I foresee massive sexual conflict from here on out until these issues become more addressed. I don't condone rape myself, however, I know the reasons and behavioral pathologies why it exists. :feelsjuice:

Last edited:
Tbh the dude answered the questions perfectly. The christcuck faggot is the low IQ one here
"I'm against it because of human suffering."

This isn't an argument, it's an emotional appeal, and while I'm against general human suffering creating an environment where involuntary sexual celibacy is the norm is not reducing human suffering whatsoever but rather is increasing it. If they're all about reducing human suffering, violence, and conflict within society these horrible social sexual trends of modern society need to be more addressed, but until they are which currently they're not at all conflict along with human suffering will persist. :feelsjuice:

How else do you explain why something is immoral from a utilitarian perspective? In an ordinary conversation setting like this one that would be an entirely appropriate response. You can’t except a full-fledged PhD dissertation, certainly not from a psychologist and not a philosopher.
So much of academia these days is consumed by political correctness, ruling class agendas, or revolving around business practices of forever chasing profit which is why inconvenient truths and conversations are forbidden where everything is just swept under the rug with the mindset out of sight, out of mind. It's why the plethora of the many problems that plague us in society are never addressed. In a more proactive society where institutional authority actually sincerely cares about its citizenry these problems would be actively brought into the public spotlight discussed for active solutions, but here in the west we don't have that kind of institutional authority anymore unfortunately. :feelsjuice:

It's interesting to note that there are many animal species in nature where their sexual reproductive activities or behavior very much resembles rape. In human civilization we conceived the cultural or traditional institution of marriage so that sexual rape would be heavily diminished thus creating a society where men and women could live together in social harmony trying to abolish violent sexual tendencies altogether. In our present however marriage has heavily diminished where more men now more than ever are reduced to involuntary sexual celibacy. I foresee massive sexual conflict from here on out until these issues become more addressed. I don't condone rape myself, however, I know the reasons and behavioral pathologies why it exists. :feelsjuice:
Men still want to get married, at least most of them do, its women who opt out.

Rape seems so natural (in Minecraft)

Christcucks are the only people who argue like this I don't think even other abrahamists have this weird point of view

"So if God doesn't exist then why would it be wrong for me to rape and torture you right now???" Wtf kind of insane logic is that. Just lol

I've heard some Muslims argue like this.

Plus their God doesn't even say that rape is bad, only that it's bad for a Jewish man to rape a Jewish toilet, unless she's of a different Jewish tribe, then it's also fine.

I find it funny that Christcucks look at their modern world and assume that they live in a world exactly as what Josh commanded and that all the laws of their land are somehow "God's morality".

Men still want to get married, at least most of them do, its women who opt out.

Not necessarily, I'd argue that it's toilets who want more than they can get. If polygamy was legalised today single toilets would disappear in a week and we'd see Chad's with hundreds if not thousands of wives. But because of monogamous laws a lot of toilets opt to stay unmarried and have sex with Chad's who are in relationships rather than go for the Sub-8 men.

upset

Exactly my point, atheist can justify this reasoning that it's bad without GOD. Exactly. Morality is from GOD.

Explain it then lul.

Explain it then lul.
Here's my full explanation

Here's my full explanation
That doesn't justify knowing it's wrong though.

I explained it all in that post that I linked
That's my post and I know it's wrong to rape women or kill women. GOD Say's So and instilled that Morality in me.

I literally just did and linked you the thread where I explained everything
See you have to troll because you can't literally answer the question like those other evolutionists lol.

See you have to troll because you can't literally answer the question like those other evolutionists lol.
Fact: Even if yahweh exists he is obviously completely irrelevant as far as this issue is concerned and in the human world nothing determines morality other than human influence itself and some theoretical divine instructions have no higher significance than ordinary opinions until he actually starts raining thunder on people and shit

Fact: Even if yahweh exists he is obviously completely irrelevant as far as this issue is concerned and in the human world nothing determines morality other than human influence itself and some theoretical divine instructions have no higher significance than ordinary opinions until he actually starts raining thunder on people and shit
Not true. Still, you failed to explain why we have morality and know it's wrong to rape children and women and men lmfao dude. Like those evolutionists you fail to explain it. Every time man just give up.

YAHWEH*

Not true.
It is true
Still, you failed to explain why we have morality and know it's wrong to rape children and women and men lmfao dude. Like those evolutionists you fail to explain it. Every time man just give up.
I like how Christians genuinely just cannot think of any other reason why raping children would be bad and they think this is normal or something

Of course performing rape and getting away with it is good for you on evolutionary terms even if it is not right or moral.

Mallard drakes rape hens all time, especially if the drake is unpaired. It is a way to reproduce and skip all those dumb courtship rituals.

It would be easier for me to buy a house with soundproof basement, a black van and "supplies" than to convince woman to sleep with me.

why do u care about morals bade by normies for normies? and why would u care about whats illegal

well could u explain to me why it would be wrong?

t
"I'm against it because of human suffering."

This isn't an argument, it's an emotional appeal, and while I'm against general human suffering creating an environment where involuntary sexual celibacy is the norm is not reducing human suffering whatsoever but rather is increasing it. If they're all about reducing human suffering, violence, and conflict within society these horrible social sexual trends of modern society need to be more addressed, but until they are which currently they're not at all conflict along with human suffering will persist. :feelsjuice:
they only care about reducing the suffering of females

How else do you explain why something is immoral from a utilitarian perspective? In an ordinary conversation setting like this one that would be an entirely appropriate response. You can’t except a full-fledged PhD dissertation, certainly not from a psychologist and not a philosopher.
whats right for one person could be wrong for another. it depends on your goal

well could u explain to me why it would be wrong?
Even if we accept as a pre-established fact that things like your intuitive sense of human empathy or the fact that you wouldn't want to be raped have no baring on morality and don't make it wrong, it's still just an unproductive/antisocial activity in the context of human society that must be deterred by threat of punishment

This is arguably the main relevant factor in human morality which is why yahweh will never have any fundamental sway over it beyond typical opinions until he actually starts striking people with lightning and shit

I like how Christians genuinely just cannot think of any other reason why raping children would be bad and they think this is normal or something
No one clinically sane thinks it's normal. On the other side, what's wrong with raping an adult female, since it can be a way to propagate your genes? Human suffering argument isn't enough, evolutionary speaking we are no more worthy than worms. Every leading evolutionists believes that, from Sagan to Pianka.

If you could make 1 person happy and 1 trillion unhappy, or could make 1 person unhappy and a 1 trillion happy, what does your moral intuition tell you is the better choice?
My happiness over all. Also it's a lot easier to make 1 person. Happy then 1 trillion.

It is true

So....... no explenation yet huh lol xD evolutionist can never explain this away because you Can't!

So....... no explenation yet huh lol xD evolutionist can never explain this away because you Can't!
Even if we accept as a pre-established fact that things like your intuitive sense of human empathy or the fact that you wouldn't want to be raped have no baring on morality and don't make it wrong, it's still just an unproductive/antisocial activity in the context of human society that must be deterred by threat of punishment

This is arguably the main relevant factor in human morality which is why yahweh will never have any fundamental sway over it beyond typical opinions until he actually starts striking people with lightning and shit
Fortnite Roleplayer eternally destroyed

Last post

Fortnite Roleplayer eternally destroyed

Last post
This is false. Again we Know raping children is evil and wrong it's ingrained in all of us, none of us don't actually know that and we will be Judged Righteously.
If you accept JESUS, you can be Saved from your sins, and changed. HE bore our punishment for us.

in an ideal world there would b no rape cuz everyone will be married.

roosters never raped the hen. they just acted on their insticts like they were programmed to.

The interviewer is right tho. It's not his fault that the person he's interviewing can't adhere to any consistency of logic.