Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

News Engineers added ChatGPT to a robot dog and now it can talk

Govid_Dorious

Govid_Dorious

AspieWaffen Division soldier
★★★★★

Engineers added ChatGPT to a robot dog and now it can talk​

By Hope Corrigan
published about 5 hours ago
Someone gave ChatGPT a dog's body and sent it on missions

Spot the robot dog moves around a fallen bin.

(Image credit: Boston Dynamics)

It feels like a whole new world of AI is being birthed right before our eyes—perhaps prematurely, kicking and screaming as it arrives. While there are glimmers of potential in things like AI-driven NPCs(opens in new tab), there's also a lot of nappy filler like Square Enix's AI tech preview on Steam. And while some countries are scrambling to set regulations for this new technology, others are adding it to robot dogs, and it's actually pretty cute.

Spot is the famed dog robot from Boston Dynamics. We've seen Spot take care of important tasks like protecting Pompei and dancing to rock and roll. It's not the first time AI has been integrated into one of these little pups, but now thanks to the addition of ChatGPT and Google text-to-speech the little guys can talk.

A machine learning engineer named Santiago posted a video of a modified spot to Twitter, showing some of the journey to integrating these new systems. You can see the engineers adding specific terms to Spot's dictionary to get relevant information out of it, so it's not just as simple as installing ChatGPT and hitting go.

The team can also be seen programming in yes and no gestures. While the Google default voice leaves a lot to be desired here, the little yes and no wiggles are a bit too cute for a robot that can and will definitely kill me one day.

While looking like a cute gimmick, this addition actually has some useful implementations for Spot as is further explained in Santiago's thread. These robots are sent out on daily missions collecting lots of data that can be difficult to turn into straight information. Integrating ChatGPT lets the team ask the robot direct questions for these pre-programmed commands and it can find the answers for them, in real time.

This looks like a great example of exactly the kind of work these AI tools should be doing. Crunching data is a task that can take a well-trained human a lot of time, as well as just being draining and kinda boring leading to potential misses.
An AI will happily sort through this kind of information in a fraction of the time, presenting what their human counterparts need to continue forward with the task. I want to see more of AI being used in cool smart ways like this, and less of it stealing the hard work of artists.
We integrated ChatGPT with our robots.We had a ton of fun building this!Read on for the details: pic.twitter.com/DRC2AOF0eUApril 25, 2023

View: https://twitter.com/svpino/status/1650832349008125952

@WorthlessSlavicShit
@barcacel

Why do all these normie geeks LOOK EXACTLY THE SAME, GLASSES HAIRCUT AND THE SAME FUCKING FACE!

Why do all these normie geeks LOOK EXACTLY THE SAME, GLASSES HAIRCUT AND THE SAME FUCKING FACE!
because they are not niggers and their eyes are fucked due to hours and hours of pc monitor screen light

because they are not niggers and their eyes are fucked due to hours and hours of pc monitor screen light
And your not guilty of the same crime you NEET rotter!

And your not guilty of the same crime you NEET rotter!
my eyes are destroyed too :fuk: i will be bald and eventually become the soyjak :soy: like my father

my eyes are destroyed too :fuk: i will be bald and eventually become the soyjak :soy: like my father
Your becoming british, Your teef will fall off you will bald and then die!

Interesting:feelswhere:. I can easily see this becoming the standard very soon:feelshehe:.

It will be time to swallow the robot dogpill

Engineers added ChatGPT to a robot dog and now it can talk​

By Hope Corrigan
published about 5 hours ago
Someone gave ChatGPT a dog's body and sent it on missions

Spot the robot dog moves around a fallen bin.

(Image credit: Boston Dynamics)

It feels like a whole new world of AI is being birthed right before our eyes—perhaps prematurely, kicking and screaming as it arrives. While there are glimmers of potential in things like AI-driven NPCs(opens in new tab), there's also a lot of nappy filler like Square Enix's AI tech preview on Steam. And while some countries are scrambling to set regulations for this new technology, others are adding it to robot dogs, and it's actually pretty cute.

Spot is the famed dog robot from Boston Dynamics. We've seen Spot take care of important tasks like protecting Pompei and dancing to rock and roll. It's not the first time AI has been integrated into one of these little pups, but now thanks to the addition of ChatGPT and Google text-to-speech the little guys can talk.

A machine learning engineer named Santiago posted a video of a modified spot to Twitter, showing some of the journey to integrating these new systems. You can see the engineers adding specific terms to Spot's dictionary to get relevant information out of it, so it's not just as simple as installing ChatGPT and hitting go.

The team can also be seen programming in yes and no gestures. While the Google default voice leaves a lot to be desired here, the little yes and no wiggles are a bit too cute for a robot that can and will definitely kill me one day.

While looking like a cute gimmick, this addition actually has some useful implementations for Spot as is further explained in Santiago's thread. These robots are sent out on daily missions collecting lots of data that can be difficult to turn into straight information. Integrating ChatGPT lets the team ask the robot direct questions for these pre-programmed commands and it can find the answers for them, in real time.

This looks like a great example of exactly the kind of work these AI tools should be doing. Crunching data is a task that can take a well-trained human a lot of time, as well as just being draining and kinda boring leading to potential misses.
An AI will happily sort through this kind of information in a fraction of the time, presenting what their human counterparts need to continue forward with the task. I want to see more of AI being used in cool smart ways like this, and less of it stealing the hard work of artists.

View: https://twitter.com/svpino/status/1650832349008125952

View attachment 743126

you should instead research about when we will get the next paradigm of computing, these are only toys compared to what we will get after we get back on the trendline

Last edited:
not something that i havent already thought of but this is giga based and it just needs a pussy now

Wait until ER AI-powered dog shows up.