Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LifeFuel Eliminate Desire, Reduce Suffering

SoCalSuifuel

SoCalSuifuel

Death Note Makes No Sense
-
There is no way to entirely avoid suffering as pain is a fundamental feature of existence, it is what compels living things to do just about everything. That being said, it is possible to reduce suffering. One of the best ways to do this, one of the ways with the least negative repercussions, is to stop desiring things happen in anyway other than they do. Just as we could not choose our birth place or our genetics, we can not simply choose to get what we want out of life, we do however have the ability to reign in our hopes and dreams. It is in our power to desire only what we have.

Do not desire to ascend, do not desire to become rich, do not desire to maintain a perfect hairline throughout your entire life. These things are out of our control. If you are rich, enjoy it, if you do have a chance to ascend, take it, if you do have a full head of hair, run your hand through it and savor the time with it that you have, but do not desire to keep any of these things, for at any moment fate may decide to slap them out of your life.

This does not just go for material things, this goes for all desires. Do not desire to become wise, it is not a choice. Do not desire to become respected, it is not a choice. Do not desire to become enlightened, it is not a choice. Desire only the things you already have, be grateful for them, and as soon as you lose them, cast them from your thoughts. Our lives will play out the way that they do regardless of how we want things to go, so stop wanting things incompatible with your station in life. The American Dream that every man could be a king was a marketing scheme, they were selling an image, and like all advertisements it has brought only misery to the world. Don't be a chump who gets his head stuck in the clouds, the key to happiness is not in the self-help section of your local bookstore, it's in your mind.

But if you stop having desires and don't want anything you will propably kill yourself really fast. We live because we still have some desires and some even have hope. It's stupid but it keeps you alive for the time being.

the only thing I desire is death

But foids are always in my mind

Its over

But if you stop having desires and don't want anything you will propably kill yourself really fast. We live because we still have some desires and some even have hope. It's stupid but it keeps you alive for the time being.
Completely wrong. If you are eliminating desires you will also eliminate the desire for death. Death will come when it is meant to come, people commit suicide because the pain of life becomes unbearable, by reducing desire you reduce the pain and then make it less likely to kill yourself.

Who is more likely to end it all? The stocktrader who has spent his whole life trying to gain riches and then loses it all due to his own greed during a financial collapse, or the self-satisfied janitor who has few financial obligations and no desire for a more lavish life? Desire leads to you staking your happiness on things out of your control.

Last edited:
I really appreciate this post.

As men, it can be difficult to accept the fact that external things won't bring true happiness; we are after all hardwired to compete for wealth and status in order to reproduce. Finding ways to eliminate or greatly reduce such desires, while focusing our attention on developing internal validation and inner peace, would probably be a watershed solution for many incels.

Unfortunately, I don't think most people are at that point; I know I'm not. I've been away from here for over a month, and I've come to the same conclusion.

But foids are always in my mind

Its over
Then stop desiring to remove thoughts of women from your mind. It is natural for a man to think about women, that is no cause to lament. They will leave your mind when they are meant to leave your mind.

There is no way to entirely avoid suffering as pain is a fundamental feature of existence, it is what compels living things to do just about everything. That being said, it is possible to reduce suffering. One of the best ways to do this, one of the ways with the least negative repercussions, is to stop desiring things happen in anyway other than they do. Just as we could not choose our birth place or our genetics, we can not simply choose to get what we want out of life, we do however have the ability to reign in our hopes and dreams. It is in our power to desire only what we have.

Do not desire to ascend, do not desire to become rich, do not desire to maintain a perfect hairline throughout your entire life. These things are out of our control. If you are rich, enjoy it, if you do have a chance to ascend, take it, if you do have a full head of hair, run your hand through it and savor the time with it that you have, but do not desire to keep any of these things, for at any moment fate may decide to slap them out of your life.

This does not just go for material things, this goes for all desires. Do not desire to become wise, it is not a choice. Do not desire to become respected, it is not a choice. Do not desire to become enlightened, it is not a choice. Desire only the things you already have, be grateful for them, and as soon as you lose them, cast them from your thoughts. Our lives will play out the way that they do regardless of how we want things to go, so stop wanting things incompatible with your station in life. The American Dream that every man could be a king was a marketing scheme, they were selling an image, and like all advertisements it has brought only misery to the world. Don't be a chump who gets his head stuck in the clouds, the key to happiness is not in the self-help section of your local bookstore, it's in your mind.

rock IQ post. "just dont want things that your biology and 5 million years of evolution hardwires you to want bro xddddd"

High IQ cope, but you are right and I agree.
In fact, the very things we've always desired but could never obtain will have an increased probability to be reached if we stop desiring them so badly.
It's not rocket science it's psychology.
When in front of any foid I'm attracted to, the moment I realise my desire for her is the moment I become a turbo autist and ruin all chances I might have had before hand. Whereas I can speak and act normally with my male friend, because I don't desire them.
We need to supress our desires in order to increase our chances to ascend.

Then stop desiring to remove thoughts of women from your mind. It is natural for a man to think about women, that is no cause to lament. They will leave your mind when they are meant to leave your mind.
if you don't get a girlfriend nothing will change anyway

Kony doesn't like this

Congratulations, you just regurgitated a 2500 year old philosophy.

102690160 gettyimages 71584132
Kony visited this thread

rock IQ post. "just dont want things that your biology and 5 million years of evolution hardwires you to want bro xddddd"
Your biology is not interested in your well being, the universe is not interested in your happiness, and evolution has never been your friend, evolution isn't even sentient, it has no intentions, it's a phenomenon, not a philosophy. If you want to remain a slave to forces out of your control, by all means, do so. Keep this in mind, though, if your biology or evolution in general has any intention it is to propagate your genes and spread them down the line, now think about this, does ever parent in the world seem happy to you? Does the act of fulfilling one's "biological purpose" assure happiness? Anyone who has ever honestly explored the world and the people in it knows that it does not, there are just as many unhappy parents as there are unhappy children, this is because they desire things that they can not control, they desire that their child will be something and then they aren't, perhaps they desire their children to be just like them and then they aren't, or perhaps they desire something that even I can't imagine, but a sure fire way to ensure that you will curse the universe and everything in it is to desire things that you do not have.
Congratulations, you just regurgitated a 2500 year old philosophy.
If it was true 2000 years ago, it's true today as well. The truth doesn't age.

Easier said than done buyo, which make it a sort of platitude.

Just don't have desires bro.

Your biology is not interested in your well being, the universe is not interested in your happiness, and evolution has never been your friend, evolution isn't even sentient, it has no intentions, it's a phenomenon, not a philosophy. If you want to remain a slave to forces out of your control, by all means, do so. Keep this in mind, though, if your biology or evolution in general has any intention it is to propagate your genes and spread them down the line, now think about this, does ever parent in the world seem happy to you? Does the act of fulfilling one's "biological purpose" assure happiness? Anyone who has ever honestly explored the world and the people in it knows that it does not, there are just as many unhappy parents as there are unhappy children, this is because they desire things that they can not control, they desire that their child will be something and then they aren't, perhaps they desire their children to be just like them and then they aren't, or perhaps they desire something that even I can't imagine, but a sure fire way to ensure that you will curse the universe and everything in it is to desire things that you do not have.

If it was true 2000 years ago, it's true today as well. The truth doesn't age.

you said it yourself, "forces out of your control". we don't control our desires.

haha just like "just be yourself"

Just be happy buyo.

If we gonna give irrealistic advices, why even beat around the bush lol, let's just skip the steps and go directly to "just be happy bro"

you said it yourself, "forces out of your control". we don't control our desires.
Perhaps we don't, and if we can't even control our own desires then we surely can't control anything else which in a rational mind would lead one to no longer desire anything. Why desire something that you know you can not bring into your own life?

However, if there is any level of free will or choice at play in the universe, that choice would be our thoughts, and being as it isn't even fully possible to live without some belief in choice, then why not attempt to control your own desires? Even if it is an illusion, it would be an illusion that would make you more at peace with your life.

I've considered chemically castrating myself

Perhaps we don't, and if we can't even control our own desires then we surely can't control anything else which in a rational mind would lead one to no longer desire anything. Why desire something that you know you can not bring into your own life?

However, if there is any level of free will or choice at play in the universe, that choice would be our thoughts, and being as it isn't even fully possible to live without some belief in choice, then why not attempt to control your own desires? Even if it is an illusion, it would be an illusion that would make you more at peace with your life.

we control very little in life, almost nothing at all really. everything we do is a result of chemicals in our brains making us do or not do things. we also do not control our thoughts, our thoughts control us. thoughts are a result of chemicals in our brains and also from external feedback that the world gives us which affects our internal monologue. this external feedback is affected by factors out of our control as well, such as how we look, how we sound. how do you make the conclusion that since we have no control over anything that somehow eliminates our propensity to desire? it's impossible because we have no control over our desires and we're back to square one. there is no control over anything in life we just have an illusion of free will but it's fucking bullshit because people always stay the same, people do not change.