Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Gaming Elden Ring is amazing

Capable_Onion

Capable_Onion

Member of The Akatsuki
★★★★★
I always wanted to know why people liked souls games so much, I even tried playing bloodborne, but I just couldn't get into it.

Elden Ring has definitely captured my attention though, not only does it have an interesting world with challenging bosses, but it also gives the player a lot of places to explore, dungeons to delve into and loot to discover.

A lot of people don't like Skyrim, but I grew up with it and consider it to be one of the greatest RPG games of the past decade. With that being said, ever since that game came out when I was a kid, I haven't felt as if there has been a true successor to it, that is until I started playing Elden Ring. The gameplay isn't the same, infact, they're quite opposite in that aspect, but I feel as though the essence is still there. By that I mean exploration, loot collecting, world building, and all of the random shit you come across.

For example, when I first went to Fringefolk Grave it reminded me of the first time I was in Blackreach. You have to venture deep down underground into this mysterious dungeon filled with who knows what trying to kill you, and while that's happening you have this huge chariot trying to chase after you (not unlike the Dwarven Automaton's). There's even a secret dragon boss you can fight when you reach the end, which Skyrim also had when you shouted at the glowing orange bell.

I'm not saying that the game copied Skyrim or anything like that, but I definitely think that they took some form of inspiration when it came to building this world.

Whenever a new game like this comes out people always compare it to Skyrim, whether it be Witcher 3, Cyberpunk (jfl), Breath of the wild, etc. And I feel like people do that for a reason, because people genuinely love that game, and still play it to this day, but I feel like this time it's a pretty fair comparison. Elden Ring has so much to explore and so much to do that you can really get lost in it. It feels good when you come across a new dungeon to explore because you know you'll be in there for at least half an hour trying to either beat the boss within it or trying to figure out puzzles so that you can get some extra loot.

This goes for when your exploring the map aswell, recently I reached castle morne, and while I was on my horse I came across this big fucking giant who was shooting arrows at me :giga:

He was easy to beat though, so I got past him pretty easily (knowing how this game works though, he's probably going to come back even stronger like the watchdog cat)

Overall I love it, I give this game a 9.5 out of 10

Last edited:
Overated like lost ark

NO BULLY NO BULLY
so anyway i looked up on youtube how to do a certain thing on here cuz im dumb (like 3 days ago) and tried to do it but failed-ish. Ended up with the same area same reward but i did it slightly different. Then saw another walkthrough vid that had it another way. Then saw a quick post on steam detailing it ANOTHER way.

long story short there are so many ways to go about this game and explore its a near perfect game for me as well
i was chatting with a steam acquaintance and our playthrus are so vastly different its like we are talkimg about 2 diffferent games holy shit. Luv it

NO BULLY NO BULLY
so anyway i looked up on youtube how to do a certain thing on here cuz im dumb (like 3 days ago) and tried to do it but failed-ish. Ended up with the same area same reward but i did it slightly different. Then saw another walkthrough vid that had it another way. Then saw a quick post on steam detailing it ANOTHER way.

long story short there are so many ways to go about this game and explore its a near perfect game for me as well
i was chatting with a steam acquaintance and our playthrus are so vastly different its like we are talkimg about 2 diffferent games holy shit. Luv it
Yes, it's very good, this game is going to keep me entertained for the entire year

Oh yea and i auck at fighting in close quarters
i had to kill that rcher giant like a little bitch with vow and arrows from near the rock so he couldnt get me
took forever. Had no flasks left. But i did it. :dab:

chrome-wg-VD1-BSJue.png

How the fuck do you get filtered by Bloodborne? That game is amazing. Glad you like elden ring but ffs

Decent,but not amazing.
Dark Souls 2 is my favorite

It is one of the most enjoyable games I’ve played since Dragon Quest XI. I like how every nook and cranny can be explored in named locations and you’ll find something whether it be an enemy, treasure, or a new weapon/incantation/spell. And like you detailed, which is the part I’m most impressed by, is the world building. I’m 70+ hours in and still haven’t unveiled the entire map, there’s so much to do and with the replay-ability the souls series are known for I can see myself long in a few hundred hours by the end of the year. The magic abilities is my favorite feature of this game, as someone who mains mages in every fantasy rpg, if is the best inclusion since the magic weaponry felt neglected compared to melee in previous souls games.
Is it worthy brocels? ive seen it on steam for 200 coinz (of my country)

thinking about buying it and playing it high af on weed and shroomz after my guitarmaxxing sessionz :feelsLSD:

Trucel trait: no gamer pc or elden ring and again missing out on what normies are doing :feelsclown: and of course poor as fuck and low IQ with technology because of aspergers.

Ive been hooked to this game. Really fun, its exploration and options can get really overwhelming tho.

I think Elden Ring is overrated and more of the same as FromSoft has been doing for 13 years, but I'd fucking pick it over ANY of the shitty western stupid fucking political propagandas. Japanese games for the win.

And I don't think it's a bad game by any means (I haven't played it) but I think it is being really overhyped and it's flaws are being ignored

I think Elden Ring is overrated and more of the same as FromSoft has been doing for 13 years, but I'd fucking pick it over ANY of the shitty western stupid fucking political propagandas. Japanese games for the win.

And I don't think it's a bad game by any means (I haven't played it) but I think it is being really overhyped and it's flaws are being ignored
I would try it first before making assumptions

I don't play souls type games either, they all seem sort of the same to me, but this is easily one of the best open world games ever made.

I would try it first before making assumptions

I don't play souls type games either, they all seem sort of the same to me, but this is easily one of the best open world games ever made.
Since you recommend it brocel I will definitely try it out. I've been looking foward to it tbh I just think the hype and praise are big exaggeration. Fuck I really want to be wrong

Since you recommend it brocel I will definitely try it out. I've been looking foward to it tbh I just think the hype and praise are big exaggeration. Fuck I really want to be wrong
Don't expect it to be a cakewalk though, the game is brutally hard.

Help me beat maliketh, he is so aids to fight when I’m a slow two handed strength/faith build

The gameplay isn't the same, infact, they're quite opposite in that aspect,
:feelskek::feelskek::feelskek::feelshaha::feelshaha::feelshaha::feelshaha: That's because Skyrim isn't all that much of an RPG, anyway. It's more just an open-world action-adventure.

I played it for 20 minutes, then uninstalled it. My attention span is terrible, plus I don't enjoy gaming as much as when I was a youngcel.

I played it for 20 minutes, then uninstalled it. My attention span is terrible, plus I don't enjoy gaming as much as when I was a youngcel.
Same. I got bored fast and removed it. I prefer linear story driven games and racing games mostly

:feelskek::feelskek::feelskek::feelshaha::feelshaha::feelshaha::feelshaha: That's because Skyrim isn't all that much of an RPG, anyway. It's more just an open-world action-adventure.
To be fair, Elden Ring has less RPG mechanics than Skyrim, yet I would still regard it as one of the best RPG games of all time.

In my opinion, you don't always have to have a super complex storyline or a bunch of branching paths for a game to be a good RPG

you don't always have to have a super complex storyline or a bunch of branching paths for a game to be a good RPG
That's not what I was implying. I meant the actual RPG mechanics: the pen-and-paper stats, and them actually having an impact on gameplay, and making character skills matter, and player skill not.

That's not what I was implying. I meant the actual RPG mechanics: the pen-and-paper stats, and them actually having an impact on gameplay, and making character skills matter, and player skill not.
This is going into a much broader debate as to what an RPG actually is

RPG stands for "Role playing game" I.E. putting yourself into the role of whatever character your imagination can think up of.

In my opinion Skyrim just focuses more on that, if you want to roleplay as a Dark Elf archer then you can be a Dark Elf archer, if you want to be a Argonian mage than you can roleplay as an Argonian mage, you can pretty much be whatever you want to be.

That doesn't mean that Elden Ring is any worse of an RPG, it just means that the two games have different focuses.

:feelsseriously: Yes guys, let’s gets rid of the best thing about our games - the level design - and make it yet another open world. Let’s also ramp up the worst aspects of the combat the souls games have and basically all but admit it’s a rhthym game now. I’m burnt out on souls games, they are all the exact same thing. I’ll get the game when normies stop talking about it and it’s $10.

:feelsseriously: Yes guys, let’s gets rid of the best thing about our games - the level design - and make it yet another open world. Let’s also ramp up the worst aspects of the combat the souls games have and basically all but admit it’s a rhthym game now. I’m burnt out on souls games, they are all the exact same thing. I’ll get the game when normies stop talking about it and it’s $10.
The level design is good :feelswhat:. Major areas are like the previous games
View attachment 9941FDFF-0C52-472D-8E7E-C24AAC25AFBD.webp
View attachment 7046286F-5C58-4440-91CB-09BB0E943D97.webp

It’s ok. If Skyrim fucked dark souls 2 in the vag and made a baby it’d be elden ring

Open world is still and always will be the laziest form of game design, the fact they did it just confirms they’re the sellouts they were always suspected of being for years now.
The major areas have the same design though, if they were lazy they could have easily spliced them together and called it Dark Souls 4.

The major areas have the same design though, if they were lazy they could have easily spliced them together and called it Dark Souls 4.
Not defending a normalfag copy paste series, same integrity as call of duty or far cry at this point

i tried sekiro i could not get past the first monster. i dont play soula like titles either. i will try elden ring. but many say its not optimed. plays like shit.

Idk elden ring always gave me breath of the wild vibes